Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler - Jan 19 thru 26

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 06:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:Water Cooler - Jan 19 thru 26

Morning all. Still really cold here,overnight temps with wind chill -35.<br>I think this year's project will be a bigger garage.<br>Wife says that she had to hit the remote start twice this am so the Grand Cherokee would start.<br>Have a good day,keep warm<br>Rich
Old 01-23-2003, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning all. Cold here today, temp is 4 degrees and the windchills are 10 to 20 below Most of the schools are closed. Now if I could only figure out how to close work ;D<br><br>Gotta make coffee....
Old 01-23-2003, 07:17 AM

Good morning all! I'm really wishing I had mittens that heated with power from the lighter. They would have been useful in the truck this morning. I'm such a weather wimp. <br><br>Jean<br><br><br>
Old 01-23-2003, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morning All
-40 windchill here this AM. Saw somebody riding their bicycle on the way to work today. You know what they say, No sense, no feeling.

Update later: It's snowing and blowing out now. Just disgusting. Time to sell everything and go live on the beach somewhere.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good morning DTR!<br><br>Another warm, wet day here in the North West.<br><br>Temps got down to the mid 30's last night. :<br>Pretty borring weather pattern were stuck in here. I havent even bothered plugging the truck in lately.. just not cold enough!<br><br>These warm temps arent doing much for our snow pack either... the &quot;experts&quot; are already worried about what this warm winter is going to do to mean for our water levels for next summer! <br><br>Anyway... hope y'all have a great day today!<br><br>Rich
Old 01-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Man, I think winter may be here. Can't believe all those temps you guys are posting up north. Down to 27 here in mid Florida tonight - - in the teens in north Florida. Sure glad we are in global warming - - might really be cold if we weren't.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=FiverBob link=board=10;threadid=9819;start=60#95834 date=1043369963]<br> Sure glad we are in global warming - - might really be cold if we weren't. <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Makes me want to go out and buy 3 or 4 SUVs and leave them running in the driveway to try to warm things up a little.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:37 AM

MMMMMMMornin' It's [glow=red, 2, 300]FRIDAY[/glow]
I'm subcontracting my job to a couple of penguins and 3 blue sheep until warmer weather arrives.

39* INSIDE my office again this morning.....I now have the HVAC shop's Commander's phone number on speed dial. &gt;

Oh well....won't be able to spend too much time in here today anyhow.......lotta stuff goin' on.
Have a great DTR day.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Mornin ya'll, youin's, and you's guys.<br><br>Cold enough for you?<br><br>I hate that question.<br><br>Rig stayed plugged in all night last night.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good Friday Morning to y'all.<br><br>Made it through yet another week!<br>Only workin' half day today!<br><br>Really looking forward to a weekend.<br><br>Rich
Old 01-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Administrator

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=10;threadid=9819;start=60#95973 date=1043408272]<br>MMMMMMMornin' It's [glow=red, 2, 300]FRIDAY[/glow]<br>I'm subcontracting my job to a couple of penguins and 3 blue sheep until warmer weather arrives. <br><br>39* INSIDE my office again this morning.....I now have the HVAC shop's Commander's phone number on speed dial. &gt;<br><br>Oh well....won't be able to spend too much time in here today anyhow.......lotta stuff goin' on.<br>Have a great DTR day. <br>[/quote]<br>Hey Ed,,,,,,,,,<br> Do ya think you might get their attention if ya drag a 55gal drum into the office to use as a burn barrel? Start haulin in firewood from the back of your truck and stacking it in the corner,,,, then ask em where the nearest fire hose is at,,,,,,, just in case! <br>
Old 01-24-2003, 02:02 PM

Dennis, there is a better way. Take an axe into the HVAC guy's office, tell him you need his desk for firewood.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:31 PM

A call placed to their CO this morning resulted in two HVAC guys knocking on my office door 1/2 hour later. <br>Unfortunatly, I had to go and get some work done, when I got back at 1100hrs there was a note: &quot;Need to order parts&quot; :.<br>I'll give them until Tuesday lunchtime and their CO is going to get another phone call.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:12 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

I wonder if the government sends all their post/base/facility engineers to the same school? Ours are about the same way. Over at my other building (Small Arms Readiness Training Team) our AC went out last April. Took 3 weeks to get them to look at it. They cleaned and charged and came up with the reason it didn't work was that the system is too small for the building. Told them that we needed to get with the security folks cause someone is stealing BTU's. That went over their head. Still waiting on an engineering study to get completed.<br>It is now colder that a well diggers **** now and the blasted heat doesn't work due to a cracked heat exchanger. Post engineers can't do anything about the heat until the AC problem is resolved. Being the rocket scientist and all around easy going, helpful, sensitive to the needs of others, person that I am and not wanting to belittle those that are just plain stupid, I suggested that they replace the entire unit because the whole thing is a single package. They couldn'r make a decision because it would affect what the AC people are doing. No problem, I'll take care of it.<br>I now have a lot full of 60 kw generators waiting to get load tested. Got two 30 kw load banks inside the building putting out all kinds of heat and a 60kw generator outside just a screaming, blowing smoke, and generally being a nuisance. So far I've burned just over 1300 gal of fuel and I got someone to notice there might be a problem. They're working on the system this weekend. Found that the most irritating part for everyone was when I had one generator running a 60 Hz (cycle) load and the other running a 50 Hz load. The out of sync sound could be heard and felt for a half mile. 60kw of heat was keeping that 2500 sq ft building at 90 degrees.<br>You got to love this stuff to appreciate it.<br>348 days to KMGSA day.<br><br>shortround out
Old 01-25-2003, 06:36 AM

Mornin all. Forgive me for my absence yesterday, busy day.<br>Had 3 more towed in. One was an emergency, good friend who has no other vehicle other than this. His truck is a 97 Ram 1500 4x4, Fuel pump quit. The other two, A 90 F150 with a locked up water pump. And a 95 Caravan with no brakes. 2 more coming today for misc problems, gotta go out there and get to it, Have a good day all.<br><br>Rich

Quick Reply: Water Cooler - Jan 19 thru 26