Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tumbleweed's Closing, Stillwater, Ok

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tumbleweed's Closing, Stillwater, Ok

You ain't-a-gonna believe this! The world famous Tumbleweeds is closing in Stillwater, Ok. I guess Hank decided to close up shop after years of being the most popular hang-out in this part of the country. If I remember right, it was in the running for "club of the year" last year by CMT. I guess it is hard being the City Commisioner and owning a 'beer club' at the same time. I'm sure there is lots of pressure from the 'white collar folk' at the city. O-well, I sure would like to have back all the money I spent out there during college! Here's the article:

Old 11-21-2006, 01:44 PM

Wow that's news to me! I didn't think that place would ever close!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned

Ya. It is all that top 40 crap...JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:51 PM

Did you hear about the apartments next to the dollar tree? They are becoming stillwaters biggest bonfire...drove by there a few minutes ago and flames were shooting about 30 ft high out of the roof
Old 11-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned

Jory, they have a few concerts scheduled for January, are they going to be canceled or do you know?

P.S. I drug you into the thread about tires in the seccond gen non drivtrain forum...
Old 11-21-2006, 02:12 PM

I can't believe that. I almost cried after I read this I spent some good time in there. It will be sorely missed, sure would be nice if someone else would buy it and keep it open. At least the Wormy Dog is still open, right? It really doesn't compare but at least there is still one bar that host a honky-tonk band.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

The real Wormy Dog in Stillwater closed about a year ago, there is one in OKC in bricktown...
Old 11-21-2006, 02:49 PM

Well I guess it is a good thing I left Oklahoma when I did. Doesn't sound like there is anything left to do there. When I get back I may have to spend more time in Fort Worth Stockyards than I used to.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Banned

We still have Cain's here in Tulsa...
Old 11-21-2006, 03:19 PM

I lived in Moore didn't go towards Tulsa too much. Went to Tumbleweed's with friends from OSU but that was about the only time or place I went North of OKC. Maybe one of these days I will do a little exploring up Tulsa way.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by billygoat02
Doesn't sound like there is anything left to do there.
You say that like there ever WAS something to do in Oklahoma.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ratat98

Did you hear about the apartments next to the dollar tree? They are becoming stillwaters biggest bonfire...drove by there a few minutes ago and flames were shooting about 30 ft high out of the roof
YES! Applecreek apartments are a BLAZIN'! Where's my scanner when I need it! Some jack-donkey probably trying to deep fry a turkey caused a 3 alarm!!

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
Jory, they have a few concerts scheduled for January, are they going to be canceled or do you know?

P.S. I drug you into the thread about tires in the seccond gen non drivtrain forum...
I'm assuming they are going to be canceled. I haven't got a reply from Hank yet. I emailed him on Monday. He must be busy.

No problem. Drag me where you want me.

Originally Posted by billygoat02
I can't believe that. I almost cried after I read this I spent some good time in there. It will be sorely missed, sure would be nice if someone else would buy it and keep it open. At least the Wormy Dog is still open, right? It really doesn't compare but at least there is still one bar that host a honky-tonk band.
Wormy Dog is dead. The frats took it over about '98 and it went to Hades in a hand-basket. Weren't a country soul in the place when it closed. No bottle breakin', no peanuts on the floor, just plain misery I say!!!

Originally Posted by Hoss
You say that like there ever WAS something to do in Oklahoma.
What are you talkin' 'bout, Hoss? We got county fairs and goat ropin', what more could you ask for?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:09 PM

The Wormy Dog down in OKC is pretty much the same way but every once in a while they have Jason Boland, Kevin Fowler, or Cross Canadian Ragweed to name a few, do a concert and the crowds tend to run a little more country than usual. Oh well there aren't too many true honky tonks left in this world all of them seem to be selling out and turning hip hop. I guess I will go back to building fires out in the field turnin up ole George Strait and drinking a few with the friends that still appreciate that sort of thing.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

I almost added "And the ******** Festival!" But evidently not anymore
Old 11-21-2006, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by displacedtexan
I almost added "And the ******** Festival!" But evidently not anymore
Hey buddy - this is a family site, ya know!

Quit acting like an 11 year old...

Shhh... I detect the approach of imminent thread-lock

Quick Reply: Tumbleweed's Closing, Stillwater, Ok