Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tribute to Lary's Real Twin Breakroom 9/13/15 - 9/19/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 05:48 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, another week in the basket - - time is flying. Rise and shine and come get some fresh coffee, ph00 or hot water for Claude and his tea.

Off to the races.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:16 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning all. Thanks Bob for the coffee.

old dog, I was not with Boeing when I worked in China. That was Bombardier and I was in charge of training the new Chinese engineers on the new C series on the new production line that was starting there. However, a few lifetimes ago I did work for Boeing in Everett.

Rescued my truck out of hospital after major surgery. It now has a new clutch and feels totally different.

Yesterday afternoon was invited to be part of a trial run for a fancy new Italian restaurant that my step son designed. Free food, so of course, had to go. It seems that this place is intended to be the top of the upscale restaurants in this city. It sure was ultra classy and too classy (read expensive) for me. May never go back. The parking lot had nothing but M-B, Porsche, Audi and other very expensive cars.

Got lots of stuff to do, so had better start running.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's parade and car show day. The Bride is ready with her bags of candy, and I just dusted off the Magnum. Should be fun if the 40% chance of storms holds off.

Didn't have time to add anything on the counter, but did swipe a cup of coffee. See ya!
Old 09-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
The storms could add some excitement. Leave the foil hat at home in case of lightning.

I did a charitable donation of moving some bricks for a group home.

Didn't look like a big load. Four stacks of bricks. Each stack had 985 bricks. Four stacks. Each brick weighed 8lbs.
The trailer weighs 7000 lbs and my truck weighs 8700.
I knew it was heavy when I left the yard where the bricks got loaded.
I couldn't climb the steep gravel road to the Acerage at the end of trip. Wow!
I was in 4x4, climbing in 1st. Then, I noticed I was losing momentum.
I didn't like that one bit. Had to roll back down the curvy steep gravel road and unhook. Trans temp got into the danger zone for a few seconds.
Going to flush the trans now.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:55 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
The stormy weather finally broke, a week of nothing but rain. Clear and 26° this AM and the snow level is further down the mountain. Time to get the snow tires ready. Another major upset at work. They put a non aviation person in charge of the flight department. Chief Pilot and Chief Sensor Operator/Tech quit because of dangerous decisions.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:50 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
The little hill behind the house.
Name:  IMG_0445_zps2qmieyro.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  174.5 KB
Old 09-19-2015, 05:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
We ended up cancelling our parade participation. The Bride had a bit of upset stomach. We did make it to the show. As soon as the wind came up and the skies darkened, we bailed. Did take the opportunity with the extra time to plug in the vacuum gauge and give the carb a tweak. Once it cools overnight, I'll see if I improved it any.

See ya next week!