Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Traveling abroad?? Go Canadian!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Traveling abroad?? Go Canadian!!

Well for all those flag wavers south of the 49th, I finally have one for you...LOL

Its sort of know around the world that if you have a Canadian flag on your backpack or luggage you usually are treated very well. WE as CANADIANS have a very high international profile as a non-invassive country still tied to Europe in some ways.

Well it seems that the travel agents down in the South of the USA have noticed this and have created Go-Canadian packs for international travellers.

Hmmmm... Everyone wants to be Canadian now??? Try some BEEF or SOFT WOOD Lumber....LOL..

Here is the article.....

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article....icleID=1786741

J-EH!!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read that same article too. Couldn't help but chuckle

I agree, if they really wanna act Canuckish then they oughta have some Alberta beef between their teeth! And some BC toothpicks at least!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That should be treason...
Old 12-08-2004, 02:43 PM

EH?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Begle1
That should be treason...

i think so too... but many american backpackers in europe/africa/middle east/asia have been doing things like this [attaching canadian flag patches] to their bags to avoid hassles for years... seems like they don't like americans out that way...

Old 12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Banned

I'd rather have a club sticking out of my backpack than a Canadian flag, though. Maybe a sword. Ahh, Scottish Claymore, then nobody would mess with me, right?
Old 12-08-2004, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Begle1
I'd rather have a club sticking out of my backpack than a Canadian flag, though. Maybe a sword. Ahh, Scottish Claymore, then nobody would mess with me, right?
In certain parts of the world that'll get you killed - you would be better off sticking with the Maple Leaf.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nickleinonen
i think so too... but many american backpackers in europe/africa/middle east/asia have been doing things like this [attaching canadian flag patches] to their bags to avoid hassles for years... seems like they don't like americans out that way...

[/QUOTE

Ahhh, everyone hates Americans these days, even the Canadians are starting to from what I hear. I personally wouldn't put on a fake show to get people in other countries to treat me better, I don't care one bit what people from other countries think about me.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:30 PM

All right you smarty pants Canucks...... We are going to put toll booths every 50 miles down I-75 and I=95 and charge you $50 AMERICAN at each one if you dont tell us.................. WHO'S YA DADDY..

Besides, if you put a Canadian flag on your backpack......Everyone would talk to you rrrrrrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll........sss ssssllllllllllooooooooooowwwwww.
so you can understand...
Old 12-09-2004, 02:14 AM

Meh.. thats just because all canuks are pacifist's and everyone knows it's no fun to slap around a bunch pacifist's....
Old 12-09-2004, 02:36 AM

Well, still I have not seen anybody with a Canadian Flag. But sure I think is a great idea.

I am Spanish and I do not care about international policy. So If I see somebody of any State of America, or from Canada, I simply ask him about his truck
Old 12-09-2004, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by Ohio Joe
Meh.. thats just because all canuks are pacifist's and everyone knows it's no fun to slap around a bunch pacifist's....
Scotty????

I hope you have some help......
Old 12-11-2004, 03:29 AM

Originally posted by Dr. Evil
Scotty????

I hope you have some help......
Scotty????......

and if I do bring some help are you going to sick your 19,500 man army on us???
Old 12-11-2004, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by Ohio Joe
Scotty????......

and if I do bring some help are you going to sick your 19,500 man army on us???
Actually, comments and attitudes like yours are a good example why some Americans feel the need to assume Canadian identities when travelling abroad.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Evil
Actually, comments and attitudes like yours are a good example why some Americans feel the need to assume Canadian identities when travelling abroad.
Well stated, doc. Love Canada and the great people - - they just have some lousy journalists with poor taste and judgement that need shipping back over to France. They seem to enjoy stirring the pot. Hmmm, come to think about it - - I remember some of those over here, too. Where can we ship them? How about IRAQ?

Quick Reply: Traveling abroad?? Go Canadian!!