Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tough mudder today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
It's not the age, it's the mileage... :O

I am 30. It was not that bad. I'm in a lot better shape than I thought, but some of those guys out there were PT studs.

On Saturday they shut down an event because a dude got hurt pretty bad, they had to call the ambulance.

I need to put a little lotion on them... they're almost all healed up.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Nice work Mark. I have done a few things like that but not all in one challenge.
Polar or Ice swims...hard to do with a water logged snowmobile suit on and steel toe boots. The boots are what put me ahead of others when it came time for the obstacles. There was no rules about going through instead of around or over the barriers. .

Proud of you junior!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mad, cool pics. With all that water stuff, how was the weather temp? Manageable or were you freezing the whole time?

Your legs are pretty moisturized for that desert environment. When I go out to AZ I turn to jerky. I. Need. Humidity.

Hope that guy that got hurt is ok. Any word on what happened?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Thanks, Pop. I'd love to do one again. I would be cool with the ice swims if I was suited... I was in shorts (still doesn't sound right) and a t shirt.

Shorts, it was pretty cool Saturday with some rain. Low 60's in the morning, and the temp fell to mid 50's in the afternoon. It was only bad in the water and right after them, you stayed moving. The worst part was the end, trying to be hard enough to hose off with that freezing water and not moving. My lips were blue by the time I got done.

I wouldn't say moisturized, they look pretty rough usually. I had just spread some salve on them

Don't know what happened, but they said he was ok. Probably fell off an obstacle. I can see people getting hurt out there.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Way to go! The only thing I'd change was to wear a nice new white shirt. Come to Dallas and join our team for 3/31!

Yes, people do get hurt! In Texas, Oct, air life transported, 1 unconscious, 3 w/broken bones.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

I wish I could could... it's just the $$! lol
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM

lol

Mad, you think using the words 'shorts' in sentences is weird. It throws me for a loop when I read 'shorts' too. I have to double take the sentence to be certain I understand the context

And saliva is a good moisturizer. lol
Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

At least I don't take it in the shorts!

And you're sick.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
There was no rules about going through instead of around or over the barriers.
And some people see barriers while others just see hurdles.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
And some people see barriers while others just see hurdles.
I saw nothing that resembled a barrier or a hurdle, just heard a lot of smashing and crashing as I continued.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I dropped my son off for his bout with the Tough Mudder Friday nite in Edna, Tx. He ran it Saturday mornin with a time of 3 hours and 10 seconds. He said that it was a GAS. He only had 2 obstacles that he really questioned himself as to why he was doing it. One was the belly crawl under electrified barbed wire while crawling thru an ice bed and the other was the major electrical wire obstacle. He said the ice bath made him shiver for over 2 miles afterwards and the electrical wire obstacle dropped him and his other 4 buds just as they were about to exit it. He said the shock that they got knocked the crap out of all of them and put them all face first in the muck.

All in all, he said he would do it again, but will only do it in the summertime or spring. he said that the water obstacles were placed just so you would dry out and then get re-immersed, keeping you cold the whole way.

From the pics, he had a great time, and it was all for a great cause.

Gary
Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
At least I don't take it in the shorts!

And you're sick.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by scuzman00
Well, I dropped my son off for his bout with the Tough Mudder Friday nite in Edna, Tx. He ran it Saturday mornin with a time of 3 hours and 10 seconds. He said that it was a GAS. He only had 2 obstacles that he really questioned himself as to why he was doing it. One was the belly crawl under electrified barbed wire while crawling thru an ice bed and the other was the major electrical wire obstacle. He said the ice bath made him shiver for over 2 miles afterwards and the electrical wire obstacle dropped him and his other 4 buds just as they were about to exit it. He said the shock that they got knocked the crap out of all of them and put them all face first in the muck.

All in all, he said he would do it again, but will only do it in the summertime or spring. he said that the water obstacles were placed just so you would dry out and then get re-immersed, keeping you cold the whole way.

From the pics, he had a great time, and it was all for a great cause.

Gary

Gary thanks for the update. Sounds like electrical is the shocker of the event.
har har har

In these watery muddy events do people figure out the clothing? I mean, seems better to wear tight fitting drifit type gear so that the moisture doesn't make the clothes sag off your body or drag you around. Plus it should wick water off to dry faster than cotton clothing would. Kind of like the stuff they wear in Iron Man competitions.

I don't know, just guessing.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Shorts;3072113]Gary thanks for the update. Sounds like electrical is the shocker of the event.
har har har

Yeah Shorts, it was a Hair Raising experience for his newly acquired mohawk

As far as clothing he wore a pair of neoprene shorts and t-shirt, which he shed after 1st water hazard. he said that the neoprene really helped him slide through some of the mud events and some of the plastic culvert spots....

Gary
Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Yeah, the shock was the worst, I think.

I wore under armor shorts and shirt. It worked well.

Quick Reply: Tough mudder today!