Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tire-ing the Flag Pole

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tire-ing the Flag Pole

Now, I came up with an original-on-my-behalf idea for a prank, but I don't know if it's been done before.

It goes like this:

Step 1: Go to the tire store and get about 30 old tires.
Step 2: Go to the equipment rental store and rent a scissors lift.
Step 3: In the wee hours of morning, take the scissors lift to the flag pole with a couple buddies, a hook and a rope.
Step 4: With a couple guys in the scissors lift and one on the ground, use the rope to pull up the tires as fast as possible and drop them onto the flagpole.

I think it'd be a great prank, as it would be high profile, wouldn't damage anything, could be done rather cheaply and quickly, and would be incredibly hard to undo. I mean, how the heck are you going to get thirty tires off of a flagpole?

Anybody ever hear of this one before? Or did I think of something new?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice prank! However, there are 2 major rules that you must follow! 1) Stop short at least far enough that the flag will not touch the tires while at the at rest position. 2) Do not in any way put a smudge, mark or stain on the flag. Many people (inclucing myself) have fought for that piece of cloth! So even though that prank is pretty funny, be sure to take care and do it so that no damage is done!!
-Tim-
Old 06-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Banned

im willing to donate at least 4 tires.. maybe more.. i think i know of a stash out in 29 palms! lemme know
Old 06-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Registered

thats kinda clever. i can see what t_george77 said. so find a flag pole that takes the flag down at night. or while your up on the sissor lift, take the flag off and fold it, put the tires on, and put the flat back on the pole.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
Now, I came up with an original-on-my-behalf idea for a prank, but I don't know if it's been done before.......
Sorry to tell you...... but in 1969 we...uh....I mean some guys placed 69 tires over my HS alma mater's flag pole. Uhh,..... this was in addition to the 69 live chickens found walking around in the enclosed courtyard the following morning. You can tire a flag pole using the flag raising rope alone, but you need someone on the pole as the stack grows beyond the reach of standing on the ground. Six (for '06) should be a piece of cake!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:25 PM

Same only 1960...plus I welded the bolts and nuts together on the pole.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Commatoze
Sorry to tell you...... but in 1969 we...uh....I mean some guys placed 69 tires over my HS alma mater's flag pole. Uhh,..... this was in addition to the 69 live chickens found walking around in the enclosed courtyard the following morning. You can tire a flag pole using the flag raising rope alone, but you need someone on the pole as the stack grows beyond the reach of standing on the ground. Six (for '06) should be a piece of cake!
First of all, I hate you. You spoiled my original idea. Have any idea how hard it is to think of something original and then, all of a sudden, "THE SIMPSONS DID IT!"? And, it's like, not only did somebody already do it, oh NOOOO, they did it before my mother was born.

Second of all, care to elaborate on how you use the raising rope to raise up the tires? I tried it, but the tires were so heavy I was totally stressing the flag pole... I mean, I could use little tires, but radials got the "I'm not getting off in a million years" attitude about them.