Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thinking about a new bike...check this out:

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about a new bike...check this out:

New Kawasaki ZX-14.

Check out this vid:

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...FF38FFE441.htm

WOW!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:39 PM

Tie-Down straps on the suspension?? Wow thats just plain scary!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That didn't seem too fast for the way it went off the line, did it? Or was it just due to the camera angle being too close to the starting line?

Only time I ever saw bikes run was the all-Harley drags in Las Vegas.

I don't care what anybody says, those top fuel nitro bikes are the craziest of all motorsports, right after lawn-mower racing.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:23 PM

Was that Rickey Gadsen riding? He's done a 9 second run on a stock Yamaha R6 - lowered, strapped, and -1 on the countershaft. No pipes, no ECM, no fancy gas.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:30 PM

that truly is crazy but i never have been crazy about those crotch rockets...i'm a harley kinda man. but it would probably stomp a harley in a race huh ? oh well i just love the sound and look of a harley and not too crazy about them rockets for the crotch yaaa mean .
Old 03-17-2006, 08:28 PM

Dear Lord, that is moving!!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:52 PM

um, do you need a ZX-14? will you ever be able to REALLY use the bike's potential? probably not. but the wow factor is high to have a 1350cc monster engine that's bigger than the 'busa. I suppose if you want to get into drag racing a sport bike it'd be a good one to get but I'd personally rather play on the twisties or on a track(buttonwillow, willow springs, willows and laguna seca are all reasonable distances and prices for me.)
I just rode my friend's '05 ZX-10 last week, holy wow that thing was fast. He does a LOT of racing and track time with his R6 and blows the doors off of most of the guys on liter bikes because they bought a big engine before they learned how to corner; anyway, he's a pretty aggressive rider and he feels like his ZX-10 is excessive for the street, I can't even imagine a -14!!

but seriously, harley drags?? isn't that like drag racing a powerstroke? I'm all for american iron for big trucks and classic cars but when it comes to bikes there's just no way to compare the reliability, technology, function or power. I like my foreign bike that has 27,000 hard miles on it and it still works like it was made last year, even though it's still got carbs on it. sorry about the rant.

sure why not, get the ZX-14 if you're looking for wow factor! it'd be fun!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by ratat98
Tie-Down straps on the suspension?? Wow thats just plain scary!
oh, they're not ratchet straps, they're purpose built straps for bikes to compress the forks for drag racing. pretty common.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jon96ctd
oh, they're not ratchet straps, they're purpose built straps for bikes to compress the forks for drag racing. pretty common.
In other words, glorified ties downs.

"What's the point of drag racing a Harley". Grundelfruipit.

(Still mad.... ..... .......... .........)

(........ ............. ............. .............. ..... ...... .... . .. . )

(Still mad.... .... ......... . ...... . .... ....... ... )

Anyways, here's some more bike videos. Nitro bikes... They're called "Harley's"; in reality, I don't think that they have a single Harley part on them, but they're V-Twins, not the fancy schmancy whatever-they-are rice rockets.

http://www.waynepollack.com/video.asp

My Favorite
Old 03-18-2006, 08:13 AM

I already have a Harley and would only trade it for another HD, I'd never sell it, so it's not for lack of a bike that I'd buy a Z14. I'd buy it because it'd be a lot of fun. Twenty years ago I had a V-65 Magna and that thing was a blast. Very fast but not a sport bike by any means, didn't have the handling a ZX14 or 'Busa does.

A friend of mine said he'd buy a 'Busa if I bought the 14. We could then take them down to the track on weekends and open them up. I wouldn't spend the dough if I couldn't experience something close to top speed on the thing. It would also be fun to drag them.

Did you noticed the rider in the video? He/She's a string bean. That certainly helps with the times. With my weight I could get to 140 no problem but 150+...I dunno...yet.

I'll let you know!

DT.

um, do you need a ZX-14? will you ever be able to REALLY use the bike's potential? probably not. but the wow factor is high to have a 1350cc monster engine that's bigger than the 'busa. I suppose if you want to get into drag racing a sport bike it'd be a good one to get but I'd personally rather play on the twisties or on a track(buttonwillow, willow springs, willows and laguna seca are all reasonable distances and prices for me.)
I just rode my friend's '05 ZX-10 last week, holy wow that thing was fast. He does a LOT of racing and track time with his R6 and blows the doors off of most of the guys on liter bikes because they bought a big engine before they learned how to corner; anyway, he's a pretty aggressive rider and he feels like his ZX-10 is excessive for the street, I can't even imagine a -14!!

but seriously, harley drags?? isn't that like drag racing a powerstroke? I'm all for american iron for big trucks and classic cars but when it comes to bikes there's just no way to compare the reliability, technology, function or power. I like my foreign bike that has 27,000 hard miles on it and it still works like it was made last year, even though it's still got carbs on it. sorry about the rant.

sure why not, get the ZX-14 if you're looking for wow factor! it'd be fun!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:33 AM

back to back pro street champs, Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle V-rods, break'n records and take'n home the golds.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by bulabula
Was that Rickey Gadsen riding? He's done a 9 second run on a stock Yamaha R6 - lowered, strapped, and -1 on the countershaft. No pipes, no ECM, no fancy gas.
AND it was an '05 R6 (wasn't it 9.98), wonder what the new ones would run?

If this bike is anything like the 'Busa, then it will only be able to do one thing well. Going in a straigh line. I haven't ever seen a guy on a 'Busa trying to drag his knee. Most of the guys with 'Busas around here just chrome 'em out, put extended swing arms on em and cruise around. MOST!!! couldn't keep up with me in the mountains on the R6 if they tried. Now there are a few guys here in town that are running low 6's in the 1/8 mile with some built 'Busas with swing arms and such. It's a great site to see at the strip.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:48 AM

I didn't mean to imply that the -14 was the next step up from the 1000's. The only time I've heard of a busa or ZX-14 going on a curvy track is for a magazine test ride. I've sat on a busa and I can't even imagine how much effort it would take to try and corner that thing...wide and heavy.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:59 PM

Yeah I sat on one (Hayabusa) yesterday and it does feel a bit top heavy in the front, but you never know until you're moving on it. It was surprisingly comfortable though. Much more so than the older Honda BlackBird.

I'm now thinking about a Yamaha FZ1. Nice light bike, handles great and is very fast. A couple of guys I work with have them and they say they're great.

Haven't ruled out a Busa or Z-14 yet though.

DT.

I didn't mean to imply that the -14 was the next step up from the 1000's. The only time I've heard of a busa or ZX-14 going on a curvy track is for a magazine test ride. I've sat on a busa and I can't even imagine how much effort it would take to try and corner that thing...wide and heavy.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:35 PM

Ahh ok..shows you how much i know about bikes...

Quick Reply: Thinking about a new bike...check this out: