Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Texas Guns

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Guns

The Dallas Sunday paper had a good article on guns. It is legal to carry a concealed handgun in your truck/car without a concealed gun permit. The law was effective last September.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:30 PM

Its legal to carry concealed just about everywhere in TX with a permit for it. And all you need is a class on it and a back ground check to get it.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

It legal for me to carry just about anywhere in TX too..

no schools, churches and government buildings, but I dont go to those in texas...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good for TX. Now if some of the other states will follow suite.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 AM

they need to be aloud to carry them in the open.. then when the criminals would see who's strapped... they might have second opinions... just my opinion..
Old 01-22-2008, 09:28 AM

Yup. I keep a handgun in my truck. No CHL needed. There are a lot of crazy *** people in Houston.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by gunmetal02
they need to be aloud to carry them in the open.. then when the criminals would see who's strapped... they might have second opinions... just my opinion..

Then the criminals could carry in the open as well.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 AM

I think if they dont know who might have it and who doesnt its a better idea. Just think, they knew no one had a firearm in the shopping mall in Nebraska.

Around VA they dont know who could be armed. Maybe I am, maybe not. Much harder to pick targets that way.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sixxer
Then the criminals could carry in the open as well.
The criminals dont really pay much attention to laws anyways do they.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
no schools, churches and government buildings, but I dont go to those in texas...
You CAN carry in church...unless the building has a 30.06 sign posted on it or you've been given "effective notice" by someone in the church having the authority to tell you that you cannot carry.

By the way, this is really old news. I'm surprised the Dallas Morning News is just now getting in the loop on a law that was passed 4 months ago and made the headlines long before then.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:30 AM

Or not. While I'm all for having the RIGHT to open carry, I don't think it's a good idea under most circumstances.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM

My CCW (minus the laser and light of course)...
Attached Thumbnails Texas Guns-glock-wallpaper-3.jpg  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
My CCW (minus the laser and light of course)...
The Glock is pretty popular, I carry a XD40 full size. No light or anything for me either. Though I do want to get some night sights on it.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:06 PM

Always been allowed to carry concealed or not , here. They (some idiot from outside) started a CCP one time but was dropped once they figured out everyone was packing concealed anyway, it gets chilly here, so of course its concealed. Only place you can't pack is Gov. bldgs. Must unload guns for sporting good stores and they should be checked at bar. This summer we went out ridding and ended up coming into Delta on a back trail. Some guys wanted to get a drink, so they went to a bar, I needed something at the IGA. Since I didn't want to leave my rifle (300 Win Mag) on my wheeler out in the open I threw it over my shoulder. Now mind you that time of year we have a bunch of tourist, So here I was, 6'7" 280 lbs walking around the store with a rifle over my shoulder an a 44 on one hip an a hunting knife on the other with 30 rounds of ammo. You sure could till who the outsiders were.
One lady went running to her husband to hide behind him, he smiled an said he sure wished he could go to the store like that.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmleadr03
Its legal to carry concealed just about everywhere in TX with a permit for it. And all you need is a class on it and a back ground check to get it.
You also have to go through a shooting proficiency test. Not very hard, but you do have to show that you can handle your weapon.

Quick Reply: Texas Guns