Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

States Study Regulations for Aging Bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by herb
Glad makes a a good "iron" bag , supposed to be strongest on the market.

Believe it or not my arrangements have been made too. My sons are going to take me to my gravesite in the back of my Dodge
I know I'm a little young to be thinking about this kinda stuff but you never know what's gonna happen. I've already told my parents that if something happens to me that I am to be buried in my truck with the keys in it and the stacks singing.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From a purely statistical stand point and just in my county Ill say this. Since 911 the number of "instant bikers" on HD`s has shot up 10 fold. It was kinda like seeing everyone flying the American flag after the smoke cleared. For most, the rides consist of 3 to 4 block jaunts from alcohol serving place to alcohol serving place. When its all said and done there to tweeked to ride let alone stand up. If yer gonna party like that just stay put. You dont drive a car drunk do you? then why would one do it on something with 2 wheels. remember, there is no gravity, the earth sucks.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:53 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Define "AGING".
Is it done by how many years you have lived, how fit you are, your sight, your mental health etc etc??????
Old 12-01-2005, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I know I'm a little young to be thinking about this kinda stuff but you never know what's gonna happen. I've already told my parents that if something happens to me that I am to be buried in my truck with the keys in it and the stacks singing.
i want to be turned into bio-diesel
Old 12-01-2005, 05:10 PM

Gee, Those old bikers are all thats left after the younguns' have splattered themselves into the side of a Suburban or a retaining wall while riding their hot sportbikes.

Seriously, Just this year, we have had quite a rash of young,fast,(stupid)bikers kill themselves in very creative ways in our city alone...
But, I have yet to see a single Harley imbedded in a mini-van after some old guy was pulling a 1/2 mile long wheelie in heavy traffic...

Now where is the REAL problem???
Old 12-01-2005, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
If they can't make "90 year old granny-blue hair" who is deaf, legally blind, and can't see over the steering wheel without sitting on 4 phone books, take a Driver's Skills Retest for her to keep her driver's license, then how do they think this will pass?

Yeah they should require annual (auto) road tests for everyone starting at 80 years old.

It would make it alot easier for people like me, who's 80 year old mother won't even think about giving up the keys.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 AM

The baby boomers have been buying up harleys and goldwings for years, hence their record sales. Its just a large demographic and many of them haven't rode for years. Simple math here folks: old people + big bikes + gravity - riding skills = bad news for insurance companies
Old 12-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Phatboy
The baby boomers have been buying up harleys and goldwings for years, hence their record sales. Its just a large demographic and many of them haven't rode for years. Simple math here folks: old people + big bikes + gravity - riding skills = bad news for insurance companies
You forgot an important component of the equation:
Driver's holding a cigarette and a Triple Latte in one hand, the cell phone in the other, the paper wrapped over the steering wheel, maneuvering the steering wheel with their knees, while watching "Fried Green Tomatoes" on the DVD player, hollering at the kids in the back seat, checking their stocks on the Laptop while moving down a 25 mile per hour residential street at 70 mph because they're late for a Spa appointment to relieve their stress.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:59 AM

You forgot an important component of the equation:
Driver's holding a cigarette and a Triple Latte in one hand, the cell phone in the other, the paper wrapped over the steering wheel, maneuvering the steering wheel with their knees, while watching "Fried Green Tomatoes" on the DVD player, hollering at the kids in the back seat, checking their stocks on the Laptop while moving down a 25 mile per hour residential street at 70 mph because they're late for a Spa appointment to relieve their stress.
Wow you got to be talented to do that on a Harley.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:00 AM

And on a side note.......

Harley (and I'm sure Honda too) now have BlueTooth Technology hooked up to the sound system on the "Dressers".
So you don't have to miss that important phone call when you're riding your motorcycle dodging all the distracted Cage drivers on the road.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:33 AM

And on a side note.......

Harley (and I'm sure Honda too) now have BlueTooth Technology hooked up to the sound system on the "Dressers".
So you don't have to miss that important phone call when you're riding your motorcycle dodging all the distracted Cage drivers on the road.
So what you are saying is 1950's technology meets 2005 technology. Should be an interesting clash.
Haven't heard the phrase cage drivers in years.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by rammtuff
So what you are saying is 1950's technology meets 2005 technology. Should be an interesting clash.
Haven't heard the phrase cage drivers in years.
It fits me perfectly.
I'm Fifties "technology" too.