Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Which state to live in? Wyoming, Colorado or Nebraska
Wyoming
43.82%
Colorado
49.44%
Nebraska
6.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Which state to live in? CO NE WY ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 03RAMBUNCTIOUS
Well since my career is Wind Turbine Technician anywhere I live will be wind .

I have a love hate relationship with the wind.....

Thanx for the input fellas, I need to read up on the WY open carry laws so I do not break any. That was one thing I did enjoy about New Mexico. Being a Texan thru and thru it seems WY would be a good match for me. I am loving these "hot" WY days of 91 degrees I don't even sweat. haha. But when the winter rolls around I may be hiding in a warm place somewhere and buying a lot of cold weather gear. I hate the cold.

That'd be a vacation from these streaks of 100+ days down here. BUT this Texan hates the cold too. I didn't know what to do with the 12' of snow we had in northern Japan. Go Navy!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Id love to live in Wyoming. Only two problems I could see with living in Wyoming.

1. An inherent lack of roux and Community Coffee. The roux I can make my own. I guess I would have to import the Community.

2. A certain Wyoming resident would more than likely drive me Stark raving mad once I got up there....

Seriously though, Id choose Wyoming.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted Wyoming. I'm about 90 miles northwest of Cheyenne.

No state income tax.
Open carry is fine, concealed permits are easy to get...heck, they gave one to me...lol
Carhartts and UnderArmour are definitely gonna be a good idea.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I vote Wyoming. Didn't know a single person here, but love it, just been here 3 years. It seems I can breathe here.....

Lived in Colorado Springs 3 years, and worked up and down the front range. Beautiful, best outdoor working climate overall, but cmon, the place has been californicated....

Self employed, we pay 6000 dollars a year less tax than we did in Indiana. Our doors aren't locked, our guns are loaded, and the ten commandments can still be in a public area without a lawsuit taking up everyones time.

Heard that Cheyenne was in the countries top ten rising real estate markets in the next few years too.

Kevin
Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Those there are fighten words.. Looks like I might be taking a road trip to Wyoming this year for some bear huntin.. Wonder were I could find some bait
I'm thinking Louisiana... Kaplan area to be specific. There is one hog tied in the hollar.

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Id love to live in Wyoming. Only two problems I could see with living in Wyoming.

1. An inherent lack of roux and Community Coffee. The roux I can make my own. I guess I would have to import the Community.

2. A certain Wyoming resident would more than likely drive me Stark raving mad once I got up there....

I didn't know there was any other type of mad!!!

Originally Posted by icfistall
I vote Wyoming. Didn't know a single person here, but love it, just been here 3 years. It seems I can breathe here.....

Lived in Colorado Springs 3 years, and worked up and down the front range. Beautiful, best outdoor working climate overall, but cmon, the place has been californicated....

Self employed, we pay 6000 dollars a year less tax than we did in Indiana. Our doors aren't locked, our guns are loaded, and the ten commandments can still be in a public area without a lawsuit taking up everyones time.

Heard that Cheyenne was in the countries top ten rising real estate markets in the next few years too.

Kevin
Well, now you know one...

Not sure if that's good or bad!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:29 AM

Its bad....
Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 AM

I voted Wyoming - like the others stated basically is why.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark

You can definately import the Community Coffee. I lived in Thibodaux for 5 years and worked in the GOM for over 10. So I aquired a taste for Community and know that it is the best. I live in S. IL now. I went on line and joined their coffee club. They ship those beautiful red bags to me on a set schedule. Plus I ordered some King Cakes through them this year.

Oh Yeah. I would pick Wyoming for the reasons most have listed. I loved it when we visited their on vacation.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:05 PM

See Mike gets it.

I know men who have quit a job and left for home if they didnt provide the Community Coffee.

If ever you drink it, you will drink no other.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 PM

i have lived in wyoming for 52 years and it kinda grows on you good hunting, fishing not a lots of people to get in your way can ride atv's most anywhere but that is slowly come to an end to yes it is cold here but that helps keep the rife/rafe out (lol)
Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I watch wind blow...

UPDATE:

WY wins for now, got an apt. in Cheyenne! So far so good, folks seem friendly for the most part. Glad to be here and making some dollars!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Welcome!!!!! Glad to hear you chose to live here!!! Always room for Texans. Just not Chad. Oh ya, and MATT too!!! course he's not from Texas so at least he had an excuse...
Old 08-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I watch wind blow...

^^ good to hear, be sure to keep me in the loop for events and meets! I was pretty active in the North Texas DTR group. I am also going to keep an eye on whats happening in the Denver group. I love get togethers.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:19 AM
59c

[QUOTE=03RAMBUNCTIOUS;2820225]Well since my career is Wind Turbine Technician anywhere I live will be wind .

How do you like working on the wind turbines they are putting some in western Maryland. I work on steam turbines and gas/oil turbines. Thinking of going to the wind side.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I watch wind blow...

59c, I am brand new to the industry just graduated college with an associates in Wind Energy Technology and this is my first real assignment. Our farm is going up as we speak, they are flying the rotor on the first turbine today (out of 60) so it will be a couple months before I am working on them. I have trained in towers and so far so good. I think it is going to be a great job. I am fascinated by the machines them selves. They are just big robots!

http://northamericanwindpower.com/page.php?24 sign up for the free magazine!!

Quick Reply: Which state to live in? CO NE WY ??