Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Staring a local Diesel Club. Many questions?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Starting a local Diesel Club. Many questions?????

I am starting a local Diesel club. I want to make sure that I am totally legal and safe. Does anybody have any advice on what I need to do? Permits, licensees, taxes, etc...???

So far the plan is for it to be a free club, with guys chipping in for BBQ"S, or dyno days, pot-luck's and convoys to events. We want to hold a dyno day or two per year, and hangout, work on the trucks, meet on a regular basis etc...

Any idea where I should start looking for regulations? I would hate to get busted by the cops at the park for not having a permit to gather or something lame like that. I really appreciate any advice!!!

I am really excited about this club. I have approached 3 guys who have never heard of DTR before, and I found two on here I never knew were in town!! I am busy writing mission statements, and printing sign-up sheets!!! I am also using the DTR recruitment flyer along with the club/my contact card. There are a lot of CTDs and others here. I hope I can bring together quite a following!!

By the way, Are there any DTR members who live in or near Ridgecrest CA 93555 that I have not talked with on here? If so, PM me with your contact info and I will get in touch with you about joining the club and recruiting friend's and others with diesel vehicles!!

Thanks everybody!!

D-C out!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Chapter President

Unhappy A little help?

Nobody eh?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 AM

Don't they have an active DTR chapter out there already ???
Check here: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...hp?photo=29979

If not ... then it would be real easy for you to start one on your own. What you are describing is pretty much what they are all about.

To start or join a local chapter of DTR in your area email chapters@dieseltruckresource.com

PM me if I can help.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Chapter President

Unhappy

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Don't they have an active DTR chapter out there already ???
Check here: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...hp?photo=29979

If not ... then it would be real easy for you to start one on your own. What you are describing is pretty much what they are all about.

To start or join a local chapter of DTR in your area email chapters@dieseltruckresource.com

PM me if I can help.

Cheers,
PISTOL
I am already a member of the "local" Chapter, Here in CA, unless I am blind, CA is divided into 3 regional chapters and that is it!, The bulk of the members are on the coast. What I am trying to do is start a town sized club, as a "sub" chapter (not affiliated with DTR but participating in events and meets as a group,and all members will be members of DTR and the chapter, make any sense?)

Since I will be the founder and president of the "Ridgecrest (or High Sierra) Turbo Diesel Club" My question is on what sort of regs I will run into with the city, county, etc.... ON things like gatherings, events, taxes, permits, zoning etc................

Will we even fall under any regs? Surely Jack or Larry might know, I was throwing this out there to see if any of the other guys had started a similar club (more like one team in a division)

I think it will be cool to have jackets, and membership cards down the road, we will all "bombvoy" to DTR meets, and be a team within a team!!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:24 AM

I wouldn't think that you would be required to do anything special as a grass-roots, non-profit group. Now maybe if you were setting up some major gatherings where there was the possibility of people getting hurt or other liabilities ... you may be required by the city to file for something to CYA.
I would check with local government first and go from there if you are truly concerned about it. Personally, I wouldn't sweat it much. But then again, I don't live in Commiefornia either ... lots of strange laws and regs out there.

Sorry ... wish I actually knew something about this, but I'm wingin' it.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Chapter President

Unhappy I guess I am the first

Thanks, X2 on the Commiefornia , I guess I will have to go down to the local permit and rob (city hall) and ask. They always want your name number and address when you ask a question, then they say sure, hold on just a minute while I go ask (make up a new fee) about it in the back. I will post the result of my inquiry on this thread, so others will know if they attempt the same. (at least ball park)

I am really surprised that there aren't more localized groups within the larger area DTR chapters. Here in town we have a group of off-roaders/crawlers called the tin-benders they go to events together, out on trail rides, they even have a fab shop just for the club.

Maybe I am a modern day pioneer of sorts!!

D-C out!