Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

So. Cal. tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So. Cal. tips

ok, planning a family vacation to california, need some help. we are arriving the 9th and are thinking of going down by leguna beach and things for the rest of sat. sun. and monday. are there any inexpensive hotels nearby? we dont need to be ON the beach, just want to be near it.

would it be better or more of a hassle to rent a car for a few days? if we had a hotel and took a cab there and just walked, VS the price of renting a car?

need some local tips and tricks thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 11:02 AM

I would definately rent a car. It will cost less than taking cabs plus will give you more freedom. Not sure on the motel. I would go to hotels.com or another site where you can compare prices and features.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:09 AM

One word, PRICELINE. Thats how we book our hotels when we travel. I second renting a car versus a cab.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:57 PM

There is a Holiday Inn express right on the 1 that isn't too expensive. And it's a nice hotel. If you like Mexican food go to Miguel's. And try the margaritias. And rent a car. Lot's to see in the area. And a lot cheaper than taking a cab everwhere.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:30 AM

I would rent a car for sure. S. CA is too spread out not to. There are a lot of hotels down in Laguna Beach. If you rent a car you can drive the coast and check out Huntington Beach and even head right up Pacific Coast Highway to Long Beach and check that out as well.