Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sick and tired of my neighbors TREE

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't blame you for trimming it, sap is a pain to get off!!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SolarExpress
Did you ever tell your neighbor that there was an issue with his tree oozing on your truck?
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
What kind of a neighbor hacks up one of your trees when you are gone without discussing the issue first? I can't help but assume beer was some how involved....

Max, I have to agree with SE and Lary. I think you should have talked to your neighbor and tried to work out a solution. He may have even wanted the whole thing cut down. This is really not a good time of the year to be pruning a tree with all the heat. It may hurt this tree now because it was cut now instead of waiting until the late fall or winter.

If your neighbor is a total jerk then you gotta do what you gotta do. Just based on what you wrote, I think you should have offered him the courtesy to discuss it first. My 2 cents.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 AM

if I was your neighbor Id be ****** to come home and see that!!!! not b/c you did it but b/c you didnt 1. ask and 2. do it with me present. still looks fine but......
Old 07-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I watch wind blow...

Originally Posted by SolarExpress
Did you ever tell your neighbor that there was an issue with his tree oozing on your truck?

the current neighbor has been there about 10 months, the plan was to hack it up when the old neighbor moved out but before the new one moved in. that way he would not have known any different.

but yes, about 9 months ago i told him i was tired of the pine needles, pine cones, and SAP. so i mentioned trimming it up at the property line, and he talked about removing the whole thing. no action was ever taken partly my fault for not bringing it up...

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
What kind of a neighbor hacks up one of your trees when you are gone without discussing the issue first? I can't help but assume beer was some how involved....

the issue was discussed a long time ago, i just did not mention it in the post. but there were no definite answer to what action would be taken..
surprisingly, not a drop of booze was involved before or during the process..

a branch had broken the night before, making the sap OOZE ALOT, so i went on my way and started mowing yards that day, and while mowing you have alot of time to think and think, some my mind was boiling on it all day long. so i got home and went to town....

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
At least the ladder looked safe , I assume you had a spotter as well?

HAHAHA, nope i tied a rope to my chainsaw, started climbing, steadied myself then pulled the chainsaw up and started to cut... a lady that walks her dog in the neighborhood spotted me when i was at the very top and asked me if anyone knew i was up there, i said yea i think my room mate does.

Originally Posted by Bark
As has been said (snort chortle gufaw), you cant even see it. Personally, I might be a little irritated but my closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away.
i cant wait until i can move out to the sticks.....

Originally Posted by Cummins Freak
if I was your neighbor Id be ****** to come home and see that!!!! not b/c you did it but b/c you didnt 1. ask and 2. do it with me present. still looks fine but......
live and learn... i am sure i should have gone about it differently but i did not.

there was no malice intent in all this, i was not angry at the neighbor. just sick and tired of the dadgum tree.

and he just happend to be gone that weekend, i figured he would pull up when i was cutting, about the normal time he gets home from work.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM

I got tired of the sun beating my truck to death (it's home all day) so I picked up one of these at Harbor Freight for $115

PORTABLE CAR CANOPY
Old 07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I watch wind blow...

Originally Posted by billv45
I got tired of the sun beating my truck to death (it's home all day) so I picked up one of these at Harbor Freight for $115

PORTABLE CAR CANOPY

that would not work in my current situation.. good idea for the future though.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Bark posted
As has been said (snort chortle gufaw), you cant even see it. Personally, I might be a little irritated but my closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away
Same here.........

They're over there......somewhere.....on the other side of those tall trees.......last time I checked.......
Attached Thumbnails Sick and tired of my neighbors TREE-cary-shop-road-june-28-2008-025.jpg  
Old 07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't we all just get along

I have a neighbor (commercial lot) who seems to be exempt from cutting weeds, removing trash and allowing waste oil drain to drain to my side of the property line.. I have politely asked him several times to deal with this, he is always to busy... I keep telling him that a stray spark from my grinder might cause an fire..

So who would be at fault? me for the spark, Him for the trash buildup or the city for allowing his weeds / trash to grow??
Old 07-19-2008, 12:31 PM

So, what did your neighbor say, Max?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a small Ponderosa Pine... and you are complaining about a little sap?

You should see the one I have here.... it even has it's own survey certificate because they can't core it to estimate the age... it's too big!

Best guess is 700 years old. The trunk on that tree is the size of the branches on mine.... and when you cut the grass, the sap can almost stop a lawnmower!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:48 PM

Something else to do if your not in hurry to get rid of the tree and dont want to po the neighbor is a couple of the biggest copper nails you can locate. Tree will die on its own over time and the nails will disolve, tree gone, neighbor not mad and you can even help him remove it if you feel guilty.

DuaneW.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:21 PM

Might be the neighbors tree but the portion that grows into your yard is your responsibility. So just cut away!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:27 PM

Man, that looks terrible, but I laughed really hard. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
So, what did your neighbor say, Max?

Im curious too. What did he say?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Colo_River_Ram
Can't we all just get along

I have a neighbor (commercial lot) who seems to be exempt from cutting weeds, removing trash and allowing waste oil drain to drain to my side of the property line.. I have politely asked him several times to deal with this, he is always to busy... I keep telling him that a stray spark from my grinder might cause an fire..

So who would be at fault? me for the spark, Him for the trash buildup or the city for allowing his weeds / trash to grow??
Um politely tell him he should worry about the EPA if it's that bad. I hate the EPA and OSHA but geeze if he's dumping trash and waste oil just the threat of a call to the EPA should stop him.

Quick Reply: Sick and tired of my neighbors TREE