Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Shipping parts to CANADA??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipping parts to CANADA??

I am selling some cummins parts to a fellow DTR member here, and I am having trouble getting them shipped C.O.D. Cash on Delivery as he has asked me too? Has anyone else had troubles? Any of you Canadians recieved any shipments c.o.d. frome the U.S.? I tried my local Post Office, and tommorrow I am going to try UPS, But on their website they state no C.O.D.? Anyhelp appreciated. Thanks and Goodluck,,Rick
Old 02-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Don't fool with it, bad idea and a real good way to get ripped off.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 PM

Well, he has already paid me for the parts Candadian postal money order, and shipping was to be included but he only sent the amount for the parts less the shipping and told me to ship them C.O.D. and the US post office said they don't ship c.o.d.. So I thought I would try UPS. I just don't know much about selling stuff and shipping it,let alone to Canada. Thanks Top. Rick
Old 02-13-2006, 09:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Tell him you need the money up front for shipping.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I am certain you cannot send internationally COD

Scotty
Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
Tell him you need the money up front for shipping.

I agree. Tell him to send more money
Old 02-13-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I am certain you cannot send internationally COD

Scotty
Scotty would know, he sells used George Forman Grills on e-Bay.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:35 PM

Thanks a bunch for the replys, I will explain to him that no shipper will ship COD. He is a member here,has been for awhile. I imagine he just did not know the regs and I for sure did not know. Thanks again Guys!! Goodluck,,Rick
Old 02-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Shipping to canada is a real pain and EXPENSIVE.

I sent a pretty little red dress to Scotty's litte girl for valentines day, seeeing as I am her favorite Uncle Top and all Left here the 3rd, still not there and I don't have a clue when it will arrive.

Costs wayyy too much for the weight of what all I had in the box, plus you have to do Customs declaration as well. On top of that the recipient has to pay a fee when they pick it up as well.

If she wasn't so cute I wouldn't mess with it, but us favorite Uncle types have to do what we have to do or we lose favorite Uncle status

Don't send ANYTHING until the money order ACTUALLY clears the bank, lots of guys getting ripped off this way. They send fake checks and money orders, you deposit and the bank doesn't tell you it is was no good until about 2 weeks later.

My best advice is to find a USA buyer, nothing against our fine Northern friends, it is just easier on everybody
Old 02-13-2006, 09:46 PM

Wow, and this package has a exhaust housing and fuel plates and it is heavy!! No telling what it would cost up to the dress you sent?? Well I will get with him and let him make the decisions. Thanks again,,,Rick
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
The problem with UPS (from the canadian side ) are the brokerage fees. UPS charges an arm and a leg for brokerage fees.

See if you can get a fedex number from the person you bought the parts from. That's how I was shipping my books back from Dallas, filled out an international way bill, fill in our company fedex number, fill out the customs declaration (I was never accurate as to what exactly was in the boxes nor how much it was worth (because I really didn't know)) and leave it for the fedex guy. sender and reciever address were the same (canadian address)
I would jump on the plane and a couple of days later a really beat up box would arrive....
Old 02-13-2006, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by westcoaster
The problem with UPS (from the canadian side ) are the brokerage fees. UPS charges an arm and a leg for brokerage fees.

See if you can get a fedex number from the person you bought the parts from. That's how I was shipping my books back from Dallas, filled out an international way bill, fill in our company fedex number, fill out the customs declaration (I was never accurate as to what exactly was in the boxes nor how much it was worth (because I really didn't know)) and leave it for the fedex guy. sender and reciever address were the same (canadian address)
I would jump on the plane and a couple of days later a really beat up box would arrive....

I am selling/sending them to him up in Canada, I'm an Okie from Oklahoma. I will check with fedex and see if they ship C.O.D.. Thanks Westcoast... Rick
Old 02-13-2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Shipping to canada is a real pain and EXPENSIVE.

Costs wayyy too much for the weight of what all I had in the box, plus you have to do Customs declaration as well. On top of that the recipient has to pay a fee when they pick it up as well.
Lary, thats not exactly true I have purchased several things from the US as well my brother who lives in the US sends me stuff all the time. USPS. There is no fees, no brokerage, and no pick up fee....provided you send it in the mail. if you send via Fedex, UPS etc. then yes, it is $$
Old 02-13-2006, 11:11 PM

Is he near a boader if yes send it UPS to there nearest depo in the US for pick up them then he can take it across the boader and save $$$

Originally Posted by westcoaster

Old 02-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Lary, thats not exactly true I have purchased several things from the US as well my brother who lives in the US sends me stuff all the time. USPS. There is no fees, no brokerage, and no pick up fee....provided you send it in the mail. if you send via Fedex, UPS etc. then yes, it is $$
I do my USPS shipping online as it saves me a good deal of time. You still have to fill out a Customs declaration, list each item and the value. According to Scotty he will probably have to pay a few dollars when he picks it up.

This may have something to do with the fact that it is shipped from a business address to another business address... I really don't know. What I do know is that shipping for me across the border has been a real nightmare.

I shipped a foam UNI filter from Canada to Michigan, thing weighed 2 lbs most of which was the cardboard box. It took 12 days for the package to get there and UPS was kind enough to only bill me $528.00

It took a few weeks and dozens of phone calls before I convinced them that I would not be paying that much for the shipping. When I finally got someone on the phone that could actually make a decision in the matter, she said "OK how about $180.00"

I said "no" and she came up with 4 more numbers until I settled at around $14.00 Still too much in my opinion but it was worth it just to settle the debt.

How you go from $528.00 to $14.00 is a mystery to me but Scotty and I both have dozens of horror stories like that concerning International Shipping to and from Canada.

Quick Reply: Shipping parts to CANADA??