Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rice Burners

Old 05-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Rice Burners

I'm am not trying to get on my soapbox, but i get so tired of the ricers tring to race me. Last night i was at sonic getting me a drink, and the Eclipse Reving his motor and trying to race me. So i said i'll race you for 50$. He said he would kick my [EDIT], and i laughed at him. Needless to say I am 50$ richer today. I may be the only one here, but i would like to hear from ya'll if anything similar has happened to anyone.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned

I don't race for money but I've beaten many a ricer/ford/chevy/dodge etc who laughed at me. Just check out my sig.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:39 AM

Only thing i won was by not stoping for a ticket....if ya get my drift... Also saw a car that may be able to boogey up my test hill quicker than me. nice newish porsche. never had a "night at the stoplight reving the engine to the guy next to me staring down the one lane or your dead thing", though i am still looking...
Old 05-26-2005, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ricers

Its kinda sad.. they floor it with their lil turbos, and they have no boost, or they floor it, flood their injectors, and bog down.. By the time that happens with a 4wd launch they are covered in soot, and at least a truck and a half behind.... My truck is not heavily heavily bombed (yet ) but it happens all too often. I have eaten camaros, six bangs of coarse, stangs, hondas acuras, kias, sions, accords, a couple of focuses although they were zippy and most recently i ask.. what was the mexican thinking in a chevy aveo?

Its all fun and games, and they get mad when they loose to a "rattlebox" John Rdz can tell you as well...

Tx
Old 05-26-2005, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe I do need a better transmission to help me go faster....
Old 05-26-2005, 11:58 AM

I run into the little turds all the time.

It's sad when you go out to the local drag and get chased by the ricers because someone wants a run against "the diesel". Sadly they all lose and me the real car guys just keep on laughing.

We also find it funny when they ask what kinda times I run, I tell'em 9.4s 1/8th. They think I've become some kinda god. Mid 9s is fast for a 7000lb+ farm truck, but at the same time 9s is pretty slow. But I guess when most of these guys go out to our local track and cut 10.3s for their fastest, 9 would be darn quick.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:40 PM

I had a "lady" cut me off at a red light coming home from work the other day. She cut across to the right lane so quick, I had to hit the left lane to keep from hitting her as the light turn red and she had to get on the brakes. When the light turn green, I eased up to 20 mph, then nailed it. At 65 mph I let off and looked in the mirror. All I could see was a black fog enveloped around her car. She followed me about 20 miles, but stayed 7-8 car lengths behind. I don't know if it stunk too bad or she thought parts were going to fall off. Every time I looked in the mirror and saw her, I had a big smile come on my face.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:06 PM

wagonhauler,

Is your truck stock?

Merrick
Old 05-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Tire Hater

Heh, I got beat by a Honda not too long ago. It was an early 90's hatch, but man did it fly. Prolly runs a 14 flat, he was even with my front bumper til 110, then I defueled ;(
Old 05-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Banned

I have respect for some of the ricers... The real (or fake, whatever way you look at it...) ricers that actually have FAST cars. I mean, there are guys out there that can get their piece of crap front wheel drive Civics to put out more HP to LB than a Hemi Cuda. They do get impressive.

Now, the morons that don't know anything, cover their cars in stickers of parts they don't even know what do, put on a 6 inch muffler tip and think they can beat anything on the road all deserve to get shot.

Well, actually we have just as much fun beating them as they do racing, so no hard feelings. It's fun to have something on the road willing to race thats slower than you.
(Like I should talk... My truck is so slow at the moment, I could probably beat it with a bicycle... )
Old 05-26-2005, 06:48 PM

Lets be honest

Most REAL RICERS are usually sleepers.. Very few stickers or advertising, the majority of them think that puttin stickers on the car makes it faster.. Im not sayin i havent been beat.. but ive had my **** handed to me before. I admit that..

Tx
Old 05-26-2005, 07:24 PM

Yeah but we could probably drag a couple of ricers behind us while racing and still come close to the same times. Lets see them do that
Old 05-26-2005, 08:12 PM

the saddest part of the Ricer thing is that their dealers service depts beat ours hands down
Old 05-27-2005, 12:22 AM

Last time I raced a rice burner, the last I saw of him he was smoking all four tires trying to stop before he hit the rail road tracks that I cleared at 70+ mph

My theory is if you cannot run with the big boys all over the place then why bother

Then again try to fit your CTD where my Jeep would go??
Old 05-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by runamuk
Then again try to fit your CTD where my Jeep would go??
I've done that, and have the scratches to prove it.

Heck, I was going where only quad's should be.

phox

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rice Burners