Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Revenge of the Fallen

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really like these types of movies, especially with the technology of today. I watched the first one several times. My kids would come over while I would be watching it and having a beer, then say, "you are a dork dad, most guy's drink beer while watching football". Looking forward to seeing the new movie.

Tim
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
How would you compare it to the original? Im sure it is worth going to watch, but would you say it is AS good or ALMOST as good as the original? Can you even compare them?

Im gonna go see it this weekend for sure!

I don't know if you could compare them. The second one had a lot more action and seemed to jump around too quickly. I think you definitely need see it.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 AM

Going to see it Friday night in an IMAX. Should be great!!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by t-boe
I don't know if you could compare them. The second one had a lot more action and seemed to jump around too quickly. I think you definitely need see it.

It's almost hard for me to imagine it having more action than the first..

Thanks...I will.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by t-boe

Well my son and I went to see it Sat. afternoon. Wow! It was great. Definately a thumbs up. But I can see what you mean about it being hard to compare it to the first one.

Like the first, you definately have to pay attention to keep up. The action is almost non-stop. They kinda took it in some new directions from the first movie, but still very creative. The acting is marginal at best (like the first), but the action and computer generated scenes are top notch.

If you liked the first, you will like the second. No doubt I will go ahead and buy a copy of it when it's released and add it to my small (20 or so) collection of gotta have it movies.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
I saw it today with my son and I thought it was great, allot of nice action with the military hardware.

And Megan Fox was most excellent.

Now I can’t wait for GI Joe
Jim
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 AM

I liked the first but noticed the love story got even weaker on this one, the humor got weaker with really bad one liners, and they left it wide open for the next movie. The first one at least had some closure and you didn't know what would come next.

Still overall great though
Old 06-29-2009, 08:57 PM

great movie, the end was so-so. I did notice a bit more of the foul language, but nothing hardcore. I can't wait for #3.

btw. did anyone notice the preview for avatar, the last air bender? Comes out next year. If it follows the cartoon it will be a great movie
Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Went and saw it with the wife yesterday. Action packed from start to finish. Pretty much in line with everyone's opinion here.