Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rescue of more Morons

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Fly out, spray 'em down with A1 steak sauce, wish 'em good luck, and fly back out.
IF they survive, they'll be a little smarter next time.
If they don't, at least they will be removed from the gene pool, and the bears will survive another season.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't even stop anymore. (too many Samaritans getting clipped)

we watched a college student walk along a busy winter white out road, five miles from anywhere. I felt sorry for him until I saw he just had sneakers, jeans below the waist and a hoodie/t shirt on. he didn't flag anyone, he wasn't obvious in any distress or stumbling, so he got to enjoy being curious.
only local students are dumb enough to leave the college town on foot....

they just assume they can: get a college bus, taxi, friend, hitch rides aka 70s..... where I live rarely anyone walks due to the mountain lions or combat deer. and it is rugged. do not know why still consider the area put out here for their pleasure....

I have tinder/matches/lighter/magnesium in my coat pocket for the winter, tuna and water in the jeep cooler and pennies all around. (great homemade battery). used stuff four times.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 PM

Here in Arizona we have the "stupid motorist" law. If you drive into a running wash and have to be rescued, you pay for it. It can get real expensive real fast.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:21 AM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

I have tinder/matches/lighter/magnesium in my coat pocket for the winter, tuna and water in the jeep cooler and pennies all around. (great homemade battery). used stuff four times.
What good is the tuna going to do you. Cats are smart enough to get out of the cold. And a hub cap doesn't make a very good wok.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:19 AM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by cougar
What good is the tuna going to do you. Cats are smart enough to get out of the cold. And a hub cap doesn't make a very good wok.
it takes an awful lot to totally freeze tuna. I love tuna. good source of protein. peanut butter crackers the mice WILL find.

hub caps make excellent shovels and grills! crescent wrenches good pot holders.... got a few survival years under my belt training with Canadian forces: they told me about their wonderful army coats; you could boil buttons for soup, chew laces from jerky, ect....it was all caca but they loved the young MP female. practical jokers, they forgot about their fishtail sleeping bags..with the long laces. I tied them all together during night watch. gotta love those Canucks, all heart and sharp minds.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:26 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe I have the ultimate 100% fool proof winter weather survival tactic....

Keep my skinny **** where its warm! Dont go where its cold... simple and effective..
Old 03-01-2014, 01:29 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
It is amazing how many items are available for survival use, but we just don't see the possibility unless we have some experience or knowledge.......

Like lighting a bag of fritos to start a fire...

Our city schools don't teach that type of thinking...
Old 03-01-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are afraid the school would get burnt down.
Sadly, many probably would. We always got yelled at in science class for squeezing orange rinds to squeeze the juice into a flame and flare it up.
Keep my fat **** out the ocean! Dont go where the sharks live... simple and effective..
There, fixed it, to show how I avoid shark attacks!
they forgot about their fishtail sleeping bags..with the long laces. I tied them all together during night watch
Kinda like my 9th grade computer class. Me and another kid were real good at talking to someone while in the process of unplugging their keyboard and plugging it into the next computer. One day we got caught as we were running a cable between the tables, we almost had 12 keyboards hooked to one machine.
I'm not sure how we both passed that class. With A's.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by SIXSLUG
It is amazing how many items are available for survival use, but we just don't see the possibility unless we have some experience or knowledge.......

Like lighting a bag of fritos to start a fire...

Those greasy things burn pretty good.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
T

Kinda like my 9th grade computer class. Me and another kid were real good at talking to someone while in the process of unplugging their keyboard and plugging it into the next computer. One day we got caught as we were running a cable between the tables, we almost had 12 keyboards hooked to one machine.
One day at the tank place I remoted into a bossy gal's computer when she was playing solitare during her lunch break back in windows 3.11 days. She was just on the other side of a row of file cabinets. Several of the office gals were looking over her shoulder. When she'd try to move a card, I'd move it back, or push it to the wrong stack and the game would move it back. The kibitzers kept telling her what she was doing wrong.

After about five minutes of this, I couldn't help it and broke out laughing. The victim finally figured it out and came right over the cabinets at me.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 PM

When we got caught that day, the one girl yelled "you 2, on the floor now" and got cut off by someone else yelling "ew she wants them both".

I really liked that girl.

Don't know what the point of the class was. We were using 10 yr old Apple computers. I don't think anything we learned could be transferred to anything in use today.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:44 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know what the point of the class was. We were using 10 yr old Apple computers. I don't think anything we learned could be transferred to anything in use today.
in 9th grade, home computers didnt exist........LOL

My dad was a "tech" for Univac during the Apollo moon series...
He worked at the "super computer" complex NASA built out of the swamps near Slidell, La...
I can remember as a kid walking through the computer( yep you walked THRU it to get inside the building). There were guys walking around in those reflective fire-proof suits whose sole job was replacing the vacuum tubes as they burned out...it was programmed with reams of punch cards by connecting RCA cables across foil lined peg-boards..
The computer itself was as big as the huge warehouse they built it in, and all it did was basic math functions......

gee........I AM old I guess.....
Old 03-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Nowadays with everything being connected by a network, I can shut down any computer in the whole school (or every single one) from any computer connected to the network. I've been doing it since 7th grade and they still haven't figured it out.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
in 9th grade, home computers didnt exist........LOL

My dad was a "tech" for Univac during the Apollo moon series...
He worked at the "super computer" complex NASA built out of the swamps near Slidell, La...
I can remember as a kid walking through the computer( yep you walked THRU it to get inside the building). There were guys walking around in those reflective fire-proof suits whose sole job was replacing the vacuum tubes as they burned out...it was programmed with reams of punch cards by connecting RCA cables across foil lined peg-boards..
The computer itself was as big as the huge warehouse they built it in, and all it did was basic math functions......

gee........I AM old I guess.....
Back in the days when the smart people knew 640kb of RAM was all anyone would ever need
Old 03-02-2014, 08:52 AM
DTR Mom

my favorite camp thing, doritos! love to show the folks munching away how well they start the fire.....light their cigarettes......light the neighbor's fire...and then might go out.

saw an Alaskan hunter shoot a cut shotshell in the air, glowing thing fell back to the ground- cotton ball with Vaseline and a little powder from the shell. awesome fire starter in cold rain. better than a fuzz stick.

Quick Reply: Rescue of more Morons