Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Redicioulous Razor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redicioulous Razor?

hey guys i discovered this when i was watching the superbowl and i wanted to see the opinions on this from everyone here. there is this razor out now called the "gillete fusion" and man this thing has five ya FIVE blades now. dont ya'll think this is, well, redicioulous . eventually there'll be 6 then 7 then 8 and who knows maybe even 10 blades one day. and by then the shave will be so close that it'll just rip your skin right off. oh well i just like my mach 3 with 3 blades and that's enough for me.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be a man.....use NAIR........
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Banned

Have you ever used that stuff? It's nasty.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chevysucksgas
hey guys i discovered this when i was watching the superbowl and i wanted to see the opinions on this from everyone here. there is this razor out now called the "gillete fusion" and man this thing has five ya FIVE blades now. dont ya'll think this is, well, redicioulous . eventually there'll be 6 then 7 then 8 and who knows maybe even 10 blades one day. and by then the shave will be so close that it'll just rip your skin right off. oh well i just like my mach 3 with 3 blades and that's enough for me.
I actually bought one to try it out.

The new Gillette Fusion is a far superior razor to the Mach 3 I was using before.

I can't comment on the new shave gels and other stuff, but the RAZOR itself is top-notch.

Instead of being obsessed by a trivial number of blades, perhaps you should TEST one, and see how it works.

I don't give a flying flip if a razor has 3, 5, 40, or 600000 blades-- I care how it shaves me, and at what cost-- PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

jh
Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 AM

freak out man dont be a <edit> i just wanted to see what ya'll thought and i guess ya told me huh.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 AM

Seems the height of silliness to me. Pretty soon the things'll be the size of a house, they'll have so many blades in them. Nobody will be able to lift them; you'll have to shave by going outside and rubbing your face up and down on the monolithic razor in your front yard...
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Banned

Wow!

That was interesting! I never seen a post quite like that one! Anyways, Mach 3's rule. That's my opinion. And I agree....quit adding blades! My gosh. I tried my wife's...ya..laugh at me...new razor with four blades when I ran out of my blades. I hated it. You can't shave up next to this funny mustache with four flippin' blades! Guess that is why the new one has a single blade on the back. Anyhow, three blades are plenty...four is stupid...and more...well...you get the picture.

$.02
Old 02-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chevysucksgas
freak out man dont be a <edit> i just wanted to see what ya'll thought and i guess ya told me huh.
Dude,

Chill out! He's not freaking out! He just explained his experience to you with specifics about blade count.

Darn JH, I just bought more Mach 3 blades last week at Costco. They had the Fusion blades sitting right next to them, but they were about $10 more so I decided to stick with the Mach 3's. I just didn't think there could be too much improvement to the Mach 3. It's worked well for me. I try to shave as little as possible because I have a baby face with incredibly sensitive skin so I am on the once a week schedule. I start looking pretty rough by that time so I use an old blade to knock down the scruff and then a new one to do the finish work.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokindog
I try to shave as little as possible because I have a baby face with incredibly sensitive skin so I am on the once a week schedule.
Amen, brother! I usaually shave right before our Friday night band gig every week. Mach 3 is the most comfortable to me. My neck hates the others. If I shave more than once a week, I bleed like stuck hog. Tried them all. Maybe I have retarded facial hair. Sometimes Sohie has shorter hair than I have on my face!

Old 02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Is that a ferret or a raccoon?
(Looks like a good way to get milk stains out of the bottom of glasses, at any rate... )

I'm stuck at two blades for my razors... I mean, why have a DISPOSABLE razor that is battery powered, has 5 blades, and has a little mustache/ sideburn trimmer on the back? How much do those things cost, a third of a Norelco?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Begle1
Is that a ferret or a raccoon?
(Looks like a good way to get milk stains out of the bottom of glasses, at any rate... )

I'm stuck at two blades for my razors... I mean, why have a DISPOSABLE razor that is battery powered, has 5 blades, and has a little mustache/ sideburn trimmer on the back? How much do those things cost, a third of a Norelco?
If it ain't a coon, it is the dangedest ferret that I've ever seen!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
If it ain't a coon, it is the dangedest ferret that I've ever seen!

Ah, it doesn't matter...

Ferret's and raccoons look the same after you take a Fusion razor to them anyways.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Banned

That looks like a fruit bat dipped in Nair!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
Ah, it doesn't matter...

Ferret's and raccoons look the same after you take a Fusion razor to them anyways.
Is that a cat or an alien? That thing is nasty lookin'!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:36 AM

i dont know about you guys but the best razors out there you can hardly even get any more and that is the old single blade double sided ones. those work the best. the rest the rest just chew up my neck the more blades the more red it gets. the only razor that is saf enough to submit for the single blade is the sensor execel 2 bladed one any more then that and I'm just waisting the blades and my skin. just my 0.02
oh and this means mach3's and up suck

Quick Reply: Redicioulous Razor?