Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Red Neck Mailbox

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Neck Mailbox

Texas Red Neck Mailbox!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What are you doing at my house taking pictures??
Old 03-03-2004, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is more like Redneck proof! My dad lives in Arkansas and for a few months they were having problems with mailboxes getting ran over.
Then someone out in the country where dad lives decided that he didnt want his mailbox messed up again. What he did was he buried a 6"X6"X1/4" steel post iin 4' of concrete and mounted the mailbox on top and then he painted the steel post. About 2 weeks later he got up one morning and his mailbox post was bent over. But what he found a little ways from the post was even better. He found part of an oil pan and trans pan...and a lot of fluids...
From what dad said they stopped having their mailboxes messed up...
Someone got the point......

Rick
Old 03-03-2004, 07:37 PM

That's awesome Rick

That's also a cool mail box
Old 03-03-2004, 08:32 PM

bat proof mailbox

Another way to mess them up bad is to take a 4" drainage tile, put it in the mailbox. fill outside of tile with concrete. put up by road. it'll put an end to mailbox smashing with a bat! and it might even stop 'em fron runnin' it it over!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Chapter President

Unfortunatly, mailboxes like this are short lived for most Texas highways. We got a notice a couple of weeks ago that the new box and post I put up is a danger for drivers and has to be removed. The old one was a hollow plastic post and was ran over. The new one is two 1x1 posts connected by little wrought iron squiggly stuff. It is supposedly an "impelling device" is the case some one runs into it. The state will replace it with a new one at no cost.

What a bummer!
CR
Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 PM

That's ONE COOL mailbox, they are illegal here too, but why not take the 4x4 mail box post sold in most hardware stores and cover it with that fake brick and mortar stuff, it might last a little longer if the fools think it's real
Old 03-03-2004, 08:58 PM

I used to have mailbox problems till I built a new one. Recieved a note from the post office that it was built "too well" . I told them I didnt understand, and asked that he show me what he ment. He came out a while later and explained that the box need to "break away" in the event of an accident. as he was finishing his explanation, I leaned against the box and it easily spun out of the way. He was in awe. Told me all was ok. I still find mirror glass, busted pumpkins and even found a part of a ballbat near it.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:25 PM

Break away in the event a couple of hoodlums from the countryside run over it? But it's destruction of gov't property to even deface a mailbox isn't it? Or am I thinking of something else? Besides, hitting a solid, anti-vandalism mailbox is no worse than whacking a telephone pole, and they're on the side of the road too...and what are they gonna do about them?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:38 AM

I did mine after 21 mailboxes were smashed. Seems someone working for the pipeline companywas too lazy to load a bulldozer the proper way, took it down our road and removed the mailboxes. I just happened to see it happen. I called the post office to complain. apparently this was not the first time to be done. postal dude said call the pipeline company and they would fix it. Everyone on the road recieved the cheepest POS mailbox money could buy, no matter what was there before. I called the postal dude to complain again. He said nothing he could do about it. Real support from the post office. I guess it really didnt matter, all those shiny new mailboxes didnt last thru the weekend. That is when I built the new one. Found the results of a pipe bomb in it a couple weeks later. Post office wanted no part of it. Deputy sherrif came out, looked at it and said "yup it was a bomb. Probably should have not put up such a nice target for them to hate" , got in his car and went to the donut shop. Only time I have ever been real dissapointed in our law enfofcement........
Old 03-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by rharveysr
That is more like Redneck proof! My dad lives in Arkansas and for a few months they were having problems with mailboxes getting ran over.
Then someone out in the country where dad lives decided that he didnt want his mailbox messed up again. What he did was he buried a 6"X6"X1/4" steel post iin 4' of concrete and mounted the mailbox on top and then he painted the steel post. About 2 weeks later he got up one morning and his mailbox post was bent over. But what he found a little ways from the post was even better. He found part of an oil pan and trans pan...and a lot of fluids...
From what dad said they stopped having their mailboxes messed up...
Someone got the point......

Rick
Rick, reminds me of something my wife's father did once. They were having problems with trash cans getting run over by trouble making high school kids. While having the deck around their swimming pool poured, the pool guy asked her dad if he had anywhere he wanted some extra concrete poured. He took an empty rubbermaid trash can, sat it out next to the street where he normally put his trash and told the guy to fill it up. He only had enough to fill it up about 3/4 full, but it did the trick. A couple of nights later he heard a loud crash. He went outside to find two boys and a truck stuck on top of his concrete filled trashcan.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:00 PM

Out here they just steal the mail if you don't have it padlocked. The mail boxes for our entire subdivision are all at the entrance at the corner. Talking to the post office is useless, but I don't see why they can't put in cluster boxes.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:43 PM

That is one sweet looking redneck mail box it gives me some ideas.I am thinking of findig and old machine gun and mounting it .
Old 03-04-2004, 08:04 PM

This reminds me of my neighbor who lived on the corner. His kids had made a snowman. Some kids drove through his yard and took out the snowman. The kids rebuilt the snowman around the fire plug. Yep, you guessed it.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Chapter President

HEH..HEH..HEH!

My kinda kids!

Quick Reply: Red Neck Mailbox