Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Question for you A/V Gurus

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
Right...for the DVD player. I was talking about my satellite tuner....where some channels are digital and others are not.

It's all hooked up and working well....for the most part anyway. For some reason the Xbox video is not getting to the TV. Haven't got figured that one out yet.
Where is the video output from the Xbox going, receiver, TV or Sat box if there is one.

If going to receiver you need to tune the receiver to what ever video input your using, normally tv/sat something, if directly to TV same thing, video 1,2,3 etc. Only last thought if going to receiver I had to play for some time using RCA (yellow) video input to receiver using S video out to TV, so long ago, I think the S video was not fully plugged in from moving in and out checking connection so many times.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2500Ram
I think the S video was not fully plugged in from moving in and out checking connection so many times.
I've had that problem numerous times, just bump the cable and the Svideo loses connection.

phox
Old 12-04-2005, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now my DVD player is hooked up with both Optical and analog cables. Optical for dolby digital and DTS movies for surround sound, and analog for DVD Audio. I just change the input with the buttons on the reciever as i wish.

Video, i just used S Video across the boards since im not rich
Old 12-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2500Ram
Where is the video output from the Xbox going, receiver, TV or Sat box if there is one.

If going to receiver you need to tune the receiver to what ever video input your using, normally tv/sat something, if directly to TV same thing, video 1,2,3 etc. Only last thought if going to receiver I had to play for some time using RCA (yellow) video input to receiver using S video out to TV, so long ago, I think the S video was not fully plugged in from moving in and out checking connection so many times.
I have it working now. Just needed to rearrange some of the wires.

Sounds GOOD....and I don't even have all the speakers hooked up yet.