Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Post from South Africa

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post from South Africa

Several days ago I saw a post from a member in S.Africa. He has a 12V and was having a starting problem and was concerned about his wife driving it. He mentioned that he was an evangelist. He got a less than helpful reply that he should ask God for help with his problem.
I was looking for this thread to see if someone had tried to help him but cannot find it. I hope he didn't delete his post as I am sure there are many members who are more than happy to provide some useful tips.
Anyone know anything about this post?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Tom,

I never saw a post like that here, if you find it please point it out to me as well, I don't find any humor in that type of reply at all.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It suprises me that someone here could be that much of a JERK...But I will Pray for them and the South African brother.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM

It was on here last Sat morning. I should have responded immediately but was in a hurry and didn't get back until Sun. Nice to know your reaction was the same as mine.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats an awful way to respond to someone. I was on here Sat morning and don't remember seeing it. Was it in the other forum or in one of the 12V specific forums?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I searched and this is the only thread that mentions Africa within the specified time frame. This is also the only thread that mentions Africa and evangelist.

Do you frequent any other diesel forums?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:20 PM

I'm on TDR also but I'm pretty sure it was on this forum. He said he was a missionary rather than evangelist.
thanks for the replies.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I remember reading it and he did get the help he needed from what I remember. I don't remember where exactly it was at.

Are people getting cabin fever, is the moon full, inflation making everbody crazy? Seen a few folks get banned, threads go missing, people just being down right rude and fussy. I'll go back to my old excuse, must be something in the water.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:32 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
Are people getting cabin fever, is the moon full, inflation making everbody crazy? Seen a few folks get banned, threads go missing, people just being down right rude and fussy. I'll go back to my old excuse, must be something in the water.
X100!!! LOL
Old 02-27-2008, 02:00 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I saw that post in the "HELP!" thread but didn't see any replys when I looked.

Originally Posted by Spooler
It's called Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.) and I didn't used to believe in it.