Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

popups

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
popups

i started getting this pop up thing saying i have to buy a 1 month contract to get rid of it. its from popcorn.net anyone ever get this and find a way to get rid of it?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might try downloading the free version of Ad Aware and let it clean up the spyware on your PC.

If you don't currently have any anti-spyware software running on your PC, you are open to all kinds of trouble. There are many good packages out there so look around and pick the one you like.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by derek840378
i started getting this pop up thing saying i have to buy a 1 month contract to get rid of it. its from popcorn.net anyone ever get this and find a way to get rid of it?

Now that's just devious.

Here, I'll install something on your computer without your permission, and you have to pay me a monthly contract to get rid of it.

Too bad you couldn't charge popcorn.net with extortion...
Old 10-02-2006, 07:35 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
found a link to remove it.... I didn't click on it, (found through a google search) do so at your own risk....

http://www.google.ca/pagead/iclk?sa=...pcorn.net.html