Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: I would like to find out average age of a user on this forum
18-25
28.55%
26-31
20.03%
32-37
15.77%
38 -43
12.46%
44-50
9.94%
51 and over
13.25%
Voters: 634. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What is the average age of everyone on this forum

Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by P.J
$95.00

You mean $950.00?
Nope I meant $95. A little rust here and there, few dents here and there, no A/C, passenger window never rolled down, had a piece of sheet metal over the rusted out hole in the back floor board, etc. But it started and ran every time.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20 years old here ...
Old 11-13-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am 31.

"It ain't the years, it's the miles."
Old 11-13-2006, 02:55 PM

Just turned 19
Old 11-13-2006, 04:53 PM

Wink

24 years and Going Strong !!!! I think that there are allot of Great Post on this site not only from the elder----- ------but the younger Generation also!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:15 PM

age??

lic. says 45 wife says 3 most of the time
Old 11-13-2006, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by dogger
How do all y'all young folk afford these 3rd gen trucks?
35 yrs old here....and the asnwer to the above is that they dont have a $800 car payment for the wife, mortgage, and kids to feed, college to save for,...ahhh, the young single life....remember when you got to spend 100% of what the tax man left, on yourself! :-) Now I'm lucky to squeek $500 a month to spend between the dirbikes and the truck and,....

Wouldnt change it for the world! :-)

FYI, Interesting tid bit from last week in Australia.....1. Drove the Toyota Hilux 3.0 Diesel / 5 speed.....nice rugged little truck, nice for offroading (but no locker which is unusual for AUS)....also learned that you can only get the 7.3l (Brazil made) Ford in Australia....they've never offed the 6.doh....
Old 11-13-2006, 05:27 PM

20 here... The way I afford it is WORK WORK WORK WORK... and umm work

60+ hours a week...

$600 truck payment, insurance for my truck, 2 jeeps, girlfriends car, cell phone...bla bla bla

Plus my soon to be wife is going into nursing school so with that comes her car payment... Plus we are working on getting a loan to build the house on my parents farm... The extra piggy bank for the truck might get a little smaller

It's just money right?... ya can't take it with ya
Old 11-13-2006, 05:42 PM

Wait till all of these young people get married and have kids and have to start playing house and then see how much money they have to spend on their trucks. I make a very good living and still have to save to afford extra parts for my toys. Plus my truck is paid for and so is my wifes jeep. So i dont have too many bills. By the way i am 36.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM

22 here, I wish Id bought a 3rd gen in the first place. I bombed a 2000 PSD then a 2000 Ram (in my sig) before this one. I dont know how deep im going to get into this truck. A decent house here is over $600k.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjelliott
Wait till all of these young people get married and have kids and have to start playing house and then see how much money they have to spend on their trucks. I make a very good living and still have to save to afford extra parts for my toys. Plus my truck is paid for and so is my wifes jeep. So i dont have too many bills. By the way i am 36.
I am married with a kid, I built a house when I was 22 and at that time I was single my house is 3800 square feet. I just bought a new horse trailer, along with other things. I am self employed and so far have been succesful, obviously my bills and family come first, then comes my truck along with my other 2 true passion my mules and beer. My mules are a very exspensive hobby from my time to upkeep to equipment, but I get to see things that most people can only dream about, sometimes the animals will pay me off when a bunch of eastcoast suave's want to have a "cowboy"exsperiance. And the beer costs me about 4.38$ a day.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im 21 and I just got my first diesel, and it would be nothing other than a 12v CTD. I need to fill myself with information from cummins people, since im new to diesel fuel, I need to know the ropes. So far its a good water seperation system and the KDP.

Anything about a 1st or 2nd gen 12v that you think I should know, PM ME.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:52 PM

How do we afford it?????????????? Well I think that ever since I turned 15 and bought my first Ranger Bass Boat I realized that there were allot of things that I wanted in my future and I would need a really great job to have these things. 9.5 years later, and 4 years of College--- I'm married with 1 kid----House Payment----wife is a stay at home mommy--work for a MAJOR Corporation--I shell out for everything that I have!!!! I dont think that some people on here get the credit that they deserve. Just because I'm only 24 dosen't mean that I shouldn't make enought money to support everything that a Family takes. My family comes first then everything else. Yes the money is thinner than what it could be but the wife is getting back into the Medical field in the next couple of weeks and we will go from just fine to better then ever. Oh and I have a great savings plan (401k) for the future and College for my baby!!!!

+ I will always have a drive a Cummins Powered Dodge even if I have to step down from a New Third Gen back to a 2nd or 1st!!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjelliott
I like the fact that there is alot of younger guys here. Back when I first got into diesels in 2002 it seemed like I was the youngest diesel owner ever. Well time have sure changed. Now day's instead of young guys buying performance cars like in the 90's with 5.0 Mustangs, and camaro's and muscle cars they now get into Diesels. That's what all the rage is now days. Rice rockets are now way outdated and lame, and all the 40 year old guys with money drove the muscle care market through the roof, so were left with performance diesels. The only other young guy cars are Evo's and WRX's.

I'm 27 yo and been a homeowner since 21. Buying a home was one of the greatest thing's ive ever bought. There great to have since its possable to pull money out and still lower your payments. My house is one of the reasons im able to still buy things.

Ive been a CTD owner since I was 22. I had alot of toy's and my ex got about half of them. I hope some of you younger guys dont rush into marriage because its easier financially, or it just seems like the right thing to do. It didnt realsize that until I was 24 and broke up w/ my GF and walked away from my dog, 67 Camaro, and house all because I wasnt happy and in love anymore, and felt too young to be misearable. I have built my toy colection back up. My CTD, Toyota rockcrawler w/ 60's, 42" iroks, and LS1 V8, Kawi Prairie 700, 72 Monte Carlo pimp mobile, car trailer, utility trailer, and a 5 month old American Bull dog puppy.

Life is short fellas, make sure your 100% happy before you decide to commit to marriage which is a life long decision.

Im an old 27 and have been through alot these past 4 years, and have finally aged the past 18 months. I use to be able to pass for 19-21 but since the accident I look different. Oh well... I'm still with my 21 yo GF and she take good care of me.

Going down to Cummins west for a job interview tomarrow... This past year Ive been out of work and a certified couch potato. I went from knowning nothing about 3rd gens to knowing alot, and I LOVE my Tivo. Greatest invention ever. But im now out of $$$ and need to join socity again. The party is over

wish me luck

P.S do you think we should have a picture thread so we can put faces to names. POR has lots of interesting threads like that... even show you womans _ _ _ _ thread That and we should have a MySpace link thread.

Here's a pic of myself during my recovery. I dont look anything like this.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:30 PM
tcr

How about a poll on "Who's 3rd gen is PAID OFF" I'd like to see how many of us can meet these terms. I love watching people try to keep up w/ the Jones', and can't even buy a case of beer unless it's w/ a credit card.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll: What is the average age of everyone on this forum