Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

POLITICS POST HERE - all others will be deleted

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by oscaroc
Plus he looks like he has chicklets for teeth!!!

Rich
Old 10-14-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bush answers questions based on what he will do for the country. Kerry answers most questions based on what Bush is doing wrong. Asked about the insurance plan he discribed the effect it would have on the masses, but not a single thing about how it would be implemented or paid for.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Kerry was way too negative on Bush.

Also, he made way too many promises, unbelievable.

I can't believe he'd ever have the time or the cooperation of Congress to follow through on everything he promised.

And that comment about Cheney's daughter was the worst.

That comment opened the door for Cheney's wife to get into the fray and start bashing Kerry personally, which would normally be off limits to a spouse.

Now she can call Kerry anything she wants and pretty much get away with it, and who can blame her?

It's the 2nd time her own daughter has been attacked!

I think that lesbian comment is going to stick around for a while.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by dieselnewbie
Yes, Kerry was way too negative on Bush.

Also, he made way too many promises, unbelievable.

I can't believe he'd ever have the time or the cooperation of Congress to follow through on everything he promised.

That comment opened the door for Cheney's wife to get into the fray and start bashing Kerry personally, which would normally be off limits to a spouse.

Now she can call Kerry anything she wants and pretty much get away with it, and who can blame her?

It's the 2nd time her own daughter has been attacked!

I think that lesbian comment is going to stick around for a while.
Give me a break, Cheney was the first to talk about his daughter on the campaign trail and it came up again in the vp debate, now Kerry is the worse person on earth for mentioning it last night.
Cheney's wife doesn't need an excuse to bash Kerry, she's been doing that already.
It's always the Republicans that treat gays like second class citizens not the Democrats but people seem to hear what they want to hear.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:02 PM

can you even imagine what this forum will turn into if Kerry wins ? whew!!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by herb
can you even imagine what this forum will turn into if Kerry wins ? whew!!!!
When Kerry wins
Old 10-14-2004, 05:10 PM

JOB APPLICATION

NAME: John Kerry

RESIDENCE: 7 mansions, including one in Washington DC, worth multi-millions. I served in Vietnam (four months).

EXPERIENCE:
Law Enforcement. In my career as a U.S. Senator, I've voted to cut every law enforcement, CIA, and Defense bill. I ordered the city of Boston to remove a fire hydrant in front of my mansion, thereby endangering my neighbors in the event of fire. I served in Vietnam (four months).

MILITARY:
I served in Vietnam (four months). I used three minor injuries to get an early discharge from the military and service in Vietnam (as documented by the attending doctor). I served in Vietnam (four months). I then returned to the U.S., joined Jane Fonda in protesting the war, and insulted returning Vietnam vets, claiming they committed atrocities and were baby killers. I served in Vietnam (four months). I threw my medals, ribbons, or something away in protest. Or did I? My book " Vietnam Veterans Against the War: The New Soldier", shows how I truly feel about the military. I served in Vietnam (four months).

COLLEGE:
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. Unlike my counterpart George Bush, I have no higher education and did not get admitted to Harvard nor graduate with an M.B.A

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
After College and Vietnam, I ran for the U.S. Congress and have been there ever since. I have no real world experience except marrying very rich women and running their companies vicariously through them. I served in Vietnam (four months).

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
As a U.S. Senator I set the record for the most liberal voting record, exceeding even Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton. I have consistently failed to support our military and CIA by voting against their budgets, thus gutting our country's ability to defend itself. Although I voted for the Iraq War, now I am against it and refuse to admit that I voted for it. I voted for every liberal piece of legislation. I have no plan to help this country but I intend to raise taxes significantly if I am elected. I served in Vietnam (four months).

My wealth so far exceeds that of my counterpart, George Bush, that he will never catch up. I make little or no charitable contributions and have never agreed to pay any voluntary excess taxes in Massachusetts, despite family wealth in excess of $ 700 million. I served in Vietnam (four months).

I (we) own 28 manufacturing plants (Heinz) outside of the U.S. in places like Asia, Mexico and Europe. We can make more profit from the cheaper cost of labor in those Countries, although I blame George Bush for sending all of the other jobs out of Country. I served in Vietnam (four months).

Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served in Vietnam (four months).

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).

PERSONAL I practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present. I ride a Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V Jet the "Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht the "Scarmouche".

I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and feel it reflects our real culture.

I own several "Large" SUVs including one parked at my Nantucket summer mansion, though I am against large, polluting, inefficient vehicles and blame George Bush for our energy problems. I served in Vietnam (four months).

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:36 PM

Ray you forgot to mention that he is a heeroo. He served in Vietnam for four months ya know.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:43 PM

Cheney's daughter is openly lesbian, yet if someone acknowledges that fact, he's the bad guy? Why is there a bad guy in a truthful, open comment? It's a fact and the Cheney's are proud of their daughter and love her unconditionally. Kerry has no problem with people being gay. Cheney apparently doesn't either. So what's the problem?
Old 10-14-2004, 05:52 PM

struggling to take attention away from Bush's 3rd debate loss
Old 10-14-2004, 05:56 PM

The reason Kerry and Edwards keep bringing it up is to try and drive a wedge between the far right and the Bush ticket.

Obviously the Cheney's have no homophobia, but it may (unjustly) bother other voters to the point of not voting at all.

All the pundits are saying it was delibrate because it has now been brought up by both Kerry and Edwards i.e., it was planned for the above purpose.

The fact they would use Cheney's daughter sexual preference that way is the problem, not her sexual orientation.

Even Kerry had a bit of a hard time getting that out last night. Watch the replay.

It shows that he knew it was going to be controversial and why would he want to be controversial in the middle of a debate? Not a wise thing to do IMO.

It was a flub.

And I do believe Cheney's wife now has much more lattude when it comes to trashing Kerry, now she has license to get personal, and she already today, much more so than in the past.

DT.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:59 PM

While we're cutting and pasting,

http://home.earthlink.net/~mojo-hand...ushResume.html

I noticed during the debates, Bush would struggle for words and then all of a sudden he would remember his well rehearsed replies.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Chapter President

"Cheney's daughter is openly lesbian, yet if someone acknowledges that fact, he's the bad guy? Why is there a bad guy in a truthful, open comment? It's a fact and the Cheney's are proud of their daughter and love her unconditionally. Kerry has no problem with people being gay. Cheney apparently doesn't either. So what's the problem?"

It's not the fact that she is gay......she acknowledges it and her parents acknowledge it. It's the fact that BOTH sKerry and Edwards brought it up with the attitude "I don't care if the Republican VP has queer daughter, but she is". It's not what they said...........it's how they said it.

G&S,

Please, a few facts on Republicans being against gays and Mrs Chaney attacking sKerry before.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by dieselnewbie

I can't believe he even said that. That was a horrible personal attack on somebody. If he can do that to someone on national TV with a straight face what else is he capable of?
Old 10-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Chapter President

Hannibal,

Watch a replay........sKerry has stopped at times in all three debates to remember his lines.

But I must admit, he never studdered on "I have a plan", just letting us in on what it is.

Quick Reply: POLITICS POST HERE - all others will be deleted