Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

PAGING ALL ALASKAN'S!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PAGING ALL ALASKAN'S!!!!!!!!!!

O.K. Am I the only one that wants to have a chapter up here? I know there are a few of you here. It cost's you nothing to join. I would really like to get this rolling, sooooooo

[move]WAKE UP AND SIGN UP!!!![/move]

I have one member (MR.45) and he hated Alaska so he left and went to Iraq for work ???.. He's a good guy and I even herd him say that he misses ALASKA!

I am going to make up fliers and start stick'n em' under wipers of trucks pretty soon and it's cold outside so don't make me resort to that. :-
Old 12-16-2003, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:PAGING ALL ALASKAN'S!!!!!!!!!!

maybe if you hosted a rally we could get a convoy to come see you. it's all about justification...

(assumes best whiney kids voice): But honey, all of the other trucks get to go!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Georgia to Alaska Bombvoy.

I can see it now.

What would that be, 2 weeks on the road?

phox
Old 12-16-2003, 10:03 PM

Alaskan Bombvoy? It just gets better...

(again in best whiney voice): But honey, all the other trucks are bringing chips, and exhaust systems (etc) to put on their trucks when the get to dsldogs place!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:04 PM

oh, forgot to add to wife:

Your truck is bombed, how come mine can't be???
Old 12-16-2003, 10:05 PM

Man, I've been trying to get orders to Elmendorf for years, and then 2 weeks ago one of my best friends get orders to Elmendorf. Life just isn't fair :'(. But, I will probably be coming up (in my CTD, can't afford to fly) end of next summer for caribou and moose. If you'll tolerate a 6.5 Chev owner, I'll let him know you doing some recruiting! He won't be there til the end of july. Maybe you can do him a favor and convert him to Cummins . Also, I know he is already doing some research, looking to buy a house on some acreage near Wasilla. He said Anchorage real estate was to much $.-Steve
Old 12-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Chapter President

[quote author=CTDinMT link=board=10;threadid=23851;start=0#msg224848 date=1071633922]
Man, I've been trying to get orders to Elmendorf for years, and then 2 weeks ago one of my best friends get orders to Elmendorf. Life just isn't fair :'(. But, I will probably be coming up (in my CTD, can't afford to fly) end of next summer for caribou and moose. If you'll tolerate a 6.5 Chev owner, I'll let him know you doing some recruiting! He won't be there til the end of july. Maybe you can do him a favor and convert him to Cummins . Also, I know he is already doing some research, looking to buy a house on some acreage near Wasilla. He said Anchorage real estate was to much $.-Steve
[/quote]

My palce is for sale in Wasilla, $219,900.00 very big place. He better hurry if he wants a good deal, prices are on the up and up in wasilla now. :'(..... I have the plans for the new house all drawn up and a builder that is willing, just have to sell this place first. .... As for the 6.5L chebby, : , anyone is welcome, discriminating would go against my morals, but I think I could beat some sense into him.

As for the rest of you guy's, road trip sounds great! Come on up, I'm sure the wife would just love to have a few hundred guest's!

Seriously, if any of you wanted to come up and stay here, you are more than welcome in my home.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Chapter President

bump
Old 12-17-2003, 11:28 PM

Justification, eh. Bet the only justification the could come up with would be to travel to Alaska during the summer. Rarely do you see a bunch of those folks from the lower 48 up here in the wintertime unless they're huddled together like quail...for warmth ya know

Of course, then they'd all be able to know that the high idle is working on their '03 and '04 models. ;D And for all the guys with previous years models, bet you could sell 18" sticks all day long as a fundraiser!!! For you guys from Georgia and other balmy places, that stick is yer high dollar high idle option!
Old 12-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Chapter President

[quote author=XTOAK link=board=10;threadid=23851;start=0#msg225593 date=1071725296]
folks from the lower 48 up here in the wintertime unless they're huddled together like quail...for warmth ya know

For you guys from Georgia and other balmy places, that stick is yer high dollar high idle option!
[/quote]

Alot of truth there!

So does this mean your going to join ???
I am down in your neck of the woods quit offten in the summer, fishin freak aholic. ;D
Old 12-19-2003, 06:45 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wife and I are still discussing maybe moving there. I too spent my 20 with Alaska as my first choice on my volunteer statement. I guess personnel thought I was joking. Only time I got to see AK was 2 hours locked inside a 747 sitting at the airport. (Sigh and Frown).

Maybe a visit next year at least.

Ed
Old 01-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Chapter President

ttt
Old 01-03-2004, 07:37 PM

Any work up in Alaska? I heard the Fed pays people to live there?!?!
Old 01-04-2004, 06:29 AM

Was there in the middle fiftys and figured that it was too cold then. Now when someone says Alaska I move another 50 miles south. Much easier to put up with heat than 40 below.

Cheers

Gordon
Old 01-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Chapter President

I've thought about going to AK for a long time and may try it this spring.

Since our friends in Canada won't let me bring my traveling buddies, Smith and Wesson, I though about putting the Red Ram on a ferry. Has anyone done this? Do you have any info?

CR

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PAGING ALL ALASKAN'S!!!!!!!!!!