Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The ole girl at work.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:54 PM
LCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ole girl at work.

Just thought I'd share a pic a friend took of me using my truck. The lift has self leveling outriggers so you don't need to leave it hooked to the truck but it makes me feel alot better and it's faster to set up. The lift has a 56 foot reach and the peak on the other side of the house was all the lift could reach. I'm sure some of you go alot higher but 56' is about it for me, the older I get the more chicken I get.
Attached Thumbnails The ole girl at work.-truck-030.jpg  
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM

I've started to see more and more of those style lifts running around. I don't mind heights at all, but I do mind what i'm on. Those lifts just look so un stable and as though they would sway so much that you would get sea sick after just a short bit.

So whats your impression on them, how do you like it, what's its ratings ect? Also what do you do that you use the lift for?

MIke
Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
LCH

Here's a link to the specks. http://www.genieindustries.com/tmz-series/tz-50.asp
My partner and I own a residential painting company as well as have our general contractor licenses and build a few houses ourselves. Most of the houses we paint are high end homes and the neighborhoods they're in restrict against vinal siding so any horazontial serfaces get hardy plank or wood. Its hard to tell in the pic but the other side of the house is three stories out of the ground and part of it is on a slope so it was very interesting to get to. This house is 10,000 square feet with the typical areas on the exterior so we rented the lift for three days which cut about 2-3 days off the labor, thats why I'm using it on that area in the pic that a ladder would reach, we had it there and it was much faster.
When it's windy it does shift with the wind quite a bit depending on the direction of the wind in relation to the lift. The biggest complaint I have with it is when you have it out over half way and start down or back in, the first movement towards the ground is a big bounce! I quickly learned not to try to go slow, just hit the leaver and hold on through the bounce and then it smoothes out. Alittle unnerving when you can see how much the boom flexes when it does that. Over all I still like it better than any other one we've rented though. LCH