Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Old Fashioned Break Room

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 08:07 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
That shrew was a nice rhyme there boy......proud of ya...

Gotta go back to work and fix a 'puter.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
...............our poet was in full bloom this evening..............

Company made it in - - - house full - - - they are tired and heading in and I will not have a fun morning, so going to bed early. L8R

Bob
Old 04-29-2016, 01:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had to change an airbag on a trailer yesterday. Not enough room to sit up underneath it, had to dig out dried out distillers grains, unhook the air line, spin the fitting out of the mounting stud, and burn/melt the stud off. Things rusted up enough under there I wasn't going to bother trying to unscrew the nuts.

Still smelling burning corn now and again.

I prefer acetylene to propane for running a torch.

Really feeling it in my shoulders, too. About had to be a contortionist to get it done. Got to use my snap-on impact. Going to get a short piece of half inch hose for it so I can run it off the big air line.

Now today, the same trailer burned up a wheel bearing on the tag axle. At least it was the tag. Flipped a switch on the nose of the trailer and got it off the ground, got the feed delivered. Off to bed. Mabe I can sleep more than 4-5 hours.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:29 AM

Distiller's grain and manure. Nasty, corrosive loads.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:08 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Boy, what a dead place! Where is everybody?
Old 04-30-2016, 06:18 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I made some phoo fore! Olive ewe.
And yes that's toast and jams
beside the green eggs and ham.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Settling on the toast and jam this morning.........

See ya!
Old 04-30-2016, 07:04 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Morning from .................... you know.

Coffee, toast and jam. Thanks. Could not stomach the green eggs. That just ain't right! Eggs need to be yellow and white or just yellow if scrambled.

Had new front tires installed on the truck yesterday, plus an alignment. When I got home I checked underneath to double check what the shop had done. Found that they forget to tighten the clamps on one of the steering adjusting sleeves. Hate taking my truck in for other people to work on it!
Old 04-30-2016, 10:20 AM

I am upset! Just checked on some Zerex antifreeze that I had stored and discovered all 3 gallons are gone! The unopened plastic containers are there, no holes in them, no sign of liquid leaking from them, but no antifreeze. These containers have been there for a few years now, so is it possible that the antifreeze can somehow evaporate out of unopened containers? Just checked and see that stuff now sells for $40 a gallon, so that means that I am out $120.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Stan, I can't believe that it would disappear without help. Bet if you fill the jugs, you will find a pinhole or two.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Stan I have had that happen with Gas in stored in cans but it had help leaving from a neighbor kid....can't picture that happening with antifreeze but at $40 a gallon maybe so
Old 04-30-2016, 11:39 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all. Been a while, sorry. Will try to get in here now and then.

Not sure but I think I need to go to the Dr, thought the green stuff under the table was some kind of new fangled coffee creamer/sweetener combo.

I'd stay out of the reading room for a bit if I were you, the fan just shrieked and ran out the front door...
Old 04-30-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Sick as a dog. Whatever I have has gotten worse. Waiting for the lab work to come back.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Don't know if I want to come in here or not. What is with all this sick stuff? Behave. Stop it. Shape up.

Nuther week going downhill quick. Grabbed some ph00 and back to entertaining the company. Had my MRI yesterday - - - longest one I have ever had. 52 minutes. Wow. This one shook me -- -- never had that. Guess it is pretty powerful. Stuff they put in your veins makes you itch. Interesting to see how it all comes out. CYA next week.

Bob
Old 04-30-2016, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Stan I have had that happen with Gas in stored in cans but it had help leaving from a neighbor kid....can't picture that happening with antifreeze but at $40 a gallon maybe so
I had a "leaky" gas can. Filled it with water and a thin film of gas to keep the water from evaporating to test it. Kid's car failed to proceed about 100 feet down the driveway. Man was he ticked.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Had my MRI yesterday - - - longest one I have ever had. 52 minutes. Wow. This one shook me -- -- never had that. Guess it is pretty powerful. Stuff they put in your veins makes you itch. Interesting to see how it all comes out. CYA next week.

Bob
Has it ever occurred to you that the stuff they put into you to see if you're well........might make you sick.......er even dead.

Quick Reply: Old Fashioned Break Room