Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:45 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd

WHILE THE JANITOR IS OUT DUMPSTER DIVING, NORMAL HARD WORKIN' FOLKS MOVED THE NUCLEAR COFFEE MAKER TO THIS CLEAN FIRST FLOOR ROOM WITH A VENDING MACHINE!!!!

COMPUTER TECH nameplate "borrowed" from upstairs to keep the office slugs out.

Afore I get on the road, I made sure three pots were hot and fresh
regular joe; gelded joe and hot water for the tea and cocoa folks....

three page fold out of the new 2007s is taped on the wall and
E5 is stuck - free bearclaws for those who can eat'em......

THANK YOU to FIVERBOB for sending us some 60 degree weather today!
I promise no more cold snowballs down in FL.........
Old 11-26-2006, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I kind of liked the NUCLEAR coffee machine myself! Extra kick!

So, got 3 jobs going not by choice but necessity 2 interiors and one Pita exterior!!! Gotta get that done but the temp is not there!

Plenty to so in the meanwhile, 1 yr old baby is going on his 1st birthday and getting meaner by the day!! 17 yr old has girl problems, 15 yr old has driver ed , I cannot decide which is more fun???

Never squawk about having a full plate!!

Rick
Old 11-26-2006, 05:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yea, and if I would have started the thread 15 mins early the name of the thread would be changed or it would have been deleted.

Where are those pesky mods now?

Oh the humanity!

Old 11-26-2006, 05:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
WHILE THE JANITOR IS OUT DUMPSTER DIVING, NORMAL HARD WORKIN' FOLKS MOVED THE NUCLEAR COFFEE MAKER TO THIS CLEAN FIRST FLOOR ROOM WITH A VENDING MACHINE!!!!
Vending machine? It's called a Geedunk machine. The sound the coins make when you put them in the machine. Gee dunk!
Old 11-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awright, who's been messin' with the coffee again? This stuff is .

Lemme get some REAL coffee goin' and I'll investigate...

Ahh, THIS is why... it's 'Judge's Java', some foo-foo stuff from upstate NY I guess. And there are 2 cans of it; high test and unleaded. Well, first of all, we don't DO unleaded around here, so that can gets tossed, and even the high test stuff is weak in comparison to MINE, so it's gone too! And as if that's not bad enough, that dang new-fangled coffee maker re-appeared too. Well I fixed that for good too. It crushed up real well under the bucket of my loader!

The REAL 's done... Mmmmmmmmm! Nuthin' like the ol' 'Custodial Coffee'!

Ok, get yer coffee and get back to work, the show's over!

(Have a great Sunday!)

LikingThingsBackToNormalChaikwa.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I thought I missed it, had to go all the way to the other section, wasn't out in the new posts. Thanks, justwanna, I just want to get a cup of joe, maybe a snack out of the POGEY-BAIT machine, (I use geedunk too), and say high to a few men with out having to wash the foo-foo out of my nose.
Not too much today. Watching the kids so momma can get away from them for a little while. Already started Christmas lights, went to the 'cut your own tree' place with the kids, let them pick out a tree. (none of the Christmas stuff is my idea, but what momma wants...) Did the 30k in my truck, and the 60k in the wife's hemi yesterday, 200 down the pipes for fluid...
Chaiwka, my medical and dental providers want to talk to you about what you are putting in the coffee. This is the 3rd tooth in the last week the dentist has fixed, and my Med O has resorted to making me take that rid-x stuff that you pour in your septic tank to break all the goodies down. He said stomach acid was not working...
Have a great week all. Looks like it's going to be a good one. Gauges should be installed soon, and then it's time for some POWER!!!

Later...
madhat
Old 11-26-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Yay for the rising temps this morning, we have beaten yesterday by 1 degree, sitting at a tropical -44C. No wind for once though, first time it's stopped in about a year.
Clear skies ahead, going to be a beautiful day. Stove is stoked, truck is running, first call out underway as I type.

Coffee may not be needed this morning, as nothing in the world gets you more ready than just getting out there. Have a good one people
Old 11-26-2006, 12:10 PM

EGADS, Pind ..... as in MINUS 44 degrees ???? I would have to be convicted and sentenced before I would go somewhere like that !!!

Got me a new toy ... an IRIVER T10 2GB music-playin' thingamabob. So far I have about 1/4 of my CD's loaded on it and lots of room to go. Took it out for a loooong walk and never heard the same song twice !! These things are pretty cool .. wish I had gotten one earlier.

Well, see you all in the morning ... I can't seem to get the eyeballs to point in the same direction anymore .

PISTOL
Old 11-26-2006, 01:15 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

OK, I completely forgot what day it was and apparently someone forgot what place this is...

Whats next, we get some ferns and start serving fruity, frozen, decaf coffee?
Old 11-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
OK, that's it. I can tell when I am not appreciated. No FOO FOO coffee. I can see it just ainta gunna happen - - just can't make some people appreciate the finer things of life, so fooey.

Pind - - look on the bright side - - you have all that beautiful snow and scenery (if you have enough daylight to appreciate it), lots of moose to shoot and eat, lots of time on your hands cause no sensible person is going outside until the next heat wave to take it above -40.

Wannabee - - - you are welcome. It is 80 here, so that is plenty warm and great for the suntan. You can have whatever is left.

I'mOutaHereCauseNoOneAppreciatesBob'sCoffee
Old 11-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
OK, that's it. I can tell when I am not appreciated. No FOO FOO coffee. I can see it just ainta gunna happen - - just can't make some people appreciate the finer things of life, so fooey. I'mOutaHereCauseNoOneAppreciatesBob'sCoffee
Awwww, poor Bob! We appreciate ya, REALLY we do! It's just that your coffee... well, it's just too 'different'! There may be a certain Marine however that could use something milder to get in touch with his delicate tummy!

See ya'll in the AM!

chaikwa.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:48 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Believe me Bob, the coffee, foo-foo or otherwise, can be appreciated, however, there is nothing like good old-fashioned COFFEE FLAVOURED COFFEE!!!!!!

As far as the "no sensible people going outside" You just have to think about that for a second. I swear NOBODY up here needs to go anywhere until its at least -40, and then they are frozen up because they didn't plug in/didn't test the block heaters/didn't think it would get this cold/didn't even have a block heater/just plain DIDN'T THINK...
Makes you want to them until they catch on. Then when you go to boost/thaw/warm the vehicles, they get nasty about cost/time taken/ time running behind, etc.
As of 4pm today, I stopped, this is stupid, you people don't NEED to be anywhere unless it is an emergency. In which case, call a cab or an ambulance.

Otherwise, yes, its beautiful, sunny ( for a couple hours anyway ) clear, blue skies, no bugs, life is good. Coffee is OK, tea is better. Have a good one
Old 11-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by pind
...there is nothing like good old-fashioned COFFEE FLAVOURED COFFEE!!!!!! Coffee is OK, tea is better. Have a good one
Tea? TEA??? That's like warm water with a brown crayon dipped in it!

When ya got GOOD coffee, ya don't need to be lookin' around for anything else!

chaikwa.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
No coffee, no tea, coke machine is empty......

help!!!!

staringatthefaxcupinhandEd
Old 11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

well hope everyones weekend was as nice as mine. only one incident with another vehicle. gotta love those larger tires. ill post pics soon as i can find them with all the 100 other pics i took lastweek!

had a nice dusty time in the desert thanks to all the yaahoo`s who decieded it was cool to drive around thier houses for hours on end, and kick up as much dust as possible. hundreds of acres of open area sand, rock, asphalt. and you choose the one area to p/o your neighbors.

okay man not much going on here this weekend. i hope thats a good thing.

has my guinness come in yet. i cant stand coffee!

ohhmanitfeelsgoodtohavefinallyhadashowerseincethur sday

Quick Reply: NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd