Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Next Week Is This Week Break Room

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:41 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Just waiting for my wife to finish putting on her face and then we are heading out for this dreaded annual payment. Not only is the procedure horrible, but the location is almost downtown, close to a major hospital and other businesses, so that means no parking. We normally drive to the closest parking lot and hope that it is not full, leave the car and take a long walk to the payment offices. Then take a taxi to the bank and another taxi back. Etc. Not nice!

Not sure if this couple should receive a Darwin award or something worse. Bet that insurance will not cover the loss of their car;

Florida couple transporting grill injured after SUV explodes when woman lights cigarette | Fox News
Old 08-14-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
My guberment doesn't seem to have any trouble cashing my checks. Fastest clear in the bank.

Yer right about the coffee. Had 3, now have 4.

Watch for headline.....Scotty runs over himself coming and going.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:46 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Back home. Horrible job completed for another year. It only took 3 hours and only needed to talk to 4 different people. Hate stupid government bureaucracy!
Took my wife out for lunch as a reward for both of us surviving this ordeal once again.

Tomorrow will be heading out early to do a job at the orphanage, so someone else can make the early morning ph00 and coffee.

Gone >>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 08-14-2017, 07:00 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Stan - - don't think I have ever seen damage on a vehicle like that before - - crazy how it blew that roof up. Wow, quite a shocker when that lighter ignited.

Now you know Scoooty would not run over himself = = = on purpose. Might do some other crazee stuff on purpose, but run himself over. YUK.

Weird day today. Worked like mad but don't ask me what I got done. Nice day though - - sorta different.

Ahhhh, hot ph00..................................
Old 08-14-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Very quiet at the shop today ... great day yesterday... had to shake the coffee to get any out into my cup.

Gotta love the gov'... I'm in the middle of renewing our permanent residence cards ... not really difficult just the hassle of remembering all the dates for our trips out and then back in to Canada... over the last five years!!

The one that really frosted me was when we applied for permanent residence the first time ... I had to actually pass an English exam. Must have been 250-300 of us and the only 2 that I saw who's first language was English was myself and a chappy from England!!! Everyone else had a towel wrapped around their head or body.

At least Canada does not provide the applicants with a translator... someone please tell me the US is still not doing that?!?!

Anyway I told the dragon to make some Timmys and I'm gonna see if my daughter is finished with those chocolate "no bake" cookies ... I really doubt there will be any left to share guys sorry bout that
Old 08-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Went to a 50th wedding anniversary last night.
we left disgusted and appalled.
my wife and I speak kindly to each other, don't lie or act rude ever and all we experienced was awful.
my sister and her husband we're dumbfounded by this as well.
sometimes families suck.

sorry, had to unload.

It was surreal.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hot Coffee and Almond Mocha Phoo for Mr Bob....Bob Evans has stepped up to provide a great breakfast this morning! Yummmmm sure looks tasty come and get it!
Old 08-15-2017, 07:24 AM

Got time for 2 eggs sunny side up over hash browns with the yolks running through the hash browns... and coffee

Thanks for bfast Top
Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Ol-dodge 1992
Got time for 2 eggs sunny side up over hash browns with the yolks running through the hash browns... and coffee

Thanks for bfast Top
my favorite !
Old 08-15-2017, 10:20 AM

OK - - ya did good, Lary. B.E. is a good one - - they make a fairly decent Denver Omelet. So, add a dish of fruit and that wonderful smelling Ph00 and I am a happy camper.

Just got in from locking in a car for my granddaughter. Think she will love it. Ford Edge Limited. Wow, has almost as many gadgets and electronics as my Caddie XT5. Low miles, one owner (retired couple who traded it in for an XT5). She is driving down from Tampa to see it and claim it. That will be fun. Think she will love it.

OK, done eating - - - - refill that Ph00 mug and go back to dealer and meet her there. Fun. Want to see her face. Have a great day.

BrokeBobby
Old 08-15-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quite interesting joining the retired crowd. still 'here'.. and now back to cruising the threads more often as i have - a bit- more time haha.. and an aging rig that i plan on keeping forever. 200k club!
Old 08-15-2017, 07:07 PM

Uh guys ... dirty dishes in the sink ... crumbs all over the counter and a black rig of burnt coffee in the pot where one of you shomes left the burner on when ya took the last cup...

The dragons not a happy camper either... didn't even leave him a sausage link of a piece of banana nut bread with a little butter and honey...

Sigh ... guess I'll do dishes and feed dragon some that a way this place is at least presentable if one of you guys stagger through the door to get the homemade chocolate "no bake" cookies I'm leaving on the counter and fresh pot of decaf
Old 08-16-2017, 06:06 AM

Just walked into the breakroom and almost did not recognize it as it is so clean. Not as clean as when we used to have a regular janitor, but definitely an improvement.

Was looking to see what type of coffee to make and found an old can with something in it that looks like coffee and sort of smells like coffee, but am really not sure what it is. Can't read the label, but think that it says COVFEFE and 'Made in China'. The surface of the coffee has a few small holes and next to each hole is a small pile of darker coffee. Reminds me of what earthworms leave behind. Anyway, decided to not waste whatever this is and make coffee. Did not taste it as it was still brewing when I left. Noticed that the dragon had moved to the other side of the room, next to the open window for some reason. Fresh ph00 is ready. Sorry, forgot to bring any munchies, but the next person here can do that.

Another too busy day ahead of me and a meeting at 10:00. Still trying to re-arrange my schedule to give me some me time. Anybody know how to do this?

NISMOramAE86, drop by more often.

Bob, what did your granddaughter think of her new car? Did you receive many hugs and kisses?

Off and running. L8tr.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Another too busy day ahead of me and a meeting at 10:00. Still trying to re-arrange my schedule to give me some me time. Anybody know how to do this?

NISMOramAE86, drop by more often.

Bob, what did your granddaughter think of her new car? Did you receive many hugs and kisses?
That is a ditto, NISMOramAE86. Nice to see a fresh face around here.

Stan, when you solve your "time" problem, give me a call and give me the secret. GGRRRR And the granddaughter acted like a pro - - just like Grandy taught her. Come in, no big smiles, just a hug for me, great the sales person and small talk. When you see it, don't smile, walk around and start picking on any little spot you can see. She was perfect. I had all ready pretty well locked in the price, so it was a go. She dropped me a note today telling she got up early this morning and just went out and sat in it and looked around. Loves it. I am soo glad - - she is a sweety and very motivated little lady.

OK, blonde is hollering for supper - - gotta run.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:15 PM

HELLO , Hello, hello.

Well at least there's no mess to clean up ... dragon even made his corner tidy before he went out as well...

Glad to hear the car hunt finished with smiles ...
Thursday breakfasts aren't usually exciting... so if I'm up early I'll put on a big pot of oatmeal for everyone... maybe some fresh strawberries and raspberries out of our patches... maybe some honey from my bees ... maybe some real Canadian maple syrup ... breakfast might not be to shabby

See you gents tomorrow, Lord willing

Quick Reply: The Next Week Is This Week Break Room