Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   The Next Week Is This Week Break Room (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/next-week-week-break-room-328671/)

Scotty 08-13-2017 08:31 AM

The Next Week Is This Week Break Room

Saddle up for a new week which is this week but will only last a week until next week which will be a new week next week but not this week.

Lots of great Vittles and beverages on the buffet today eh.

:ugly:

FiverBob 08-13-2017 08:40 AM

Call up the troops -- Scoooty has lost it. He is not sure even what week it is. Wonder if he knows what year or where he is? He was really a neat guy until this old age stuff got him. Sad. .................:(

Oh well, I will help what I can and put on the fresh ph00 and Dunkin coffee. Looks like Scoooot had enough with it to put on a pretty good spread. Good man in spite of his problems. ...............[laugh]

Grabbing my ph00 and go sit in the lanai until church time - - gorgeous out there this morning. Front of the house is solid red and blue along with hibiscus going crazy. So pretty.

...................[coffee].................gone

Ol-dodge 1992 08-13-2017 09:54 AM

Coffee and church... it's a good day!

Dunkin doughnuts... mmmmmm! Brings back memories of occasional Saturday mornings with my dad and sister growing up in WV ... doughnuts not the coffee back then! My favorite one was the white powdered chocolate cream filled... no questions everyone knew that's what I wanted.

Soooo.., my kids have grown up in Canada (we are missionaries up here) and we have made memories, at least for me, at our local Tim Horton.

Two yrs ago we had opportunity to take holiday in Hilton head SC ... real nice place in the off season!! We are driving to or resort and you know what we pass ..??!! Dunkin doughnuts!!

Oh! Kids I'll get you the kind that was my favorite when I was you age . This is going to be awesome you'll love ... the powder goes everywhere ... the cream filling is so smooth... You guys are gonna love it!

Walk up to the counter , "I would like to get half dozen white powdered chocolate cream filled. Please."

.......... dead silence.......... the kid behind the counter cleared his throat and said, " We don't have those anymore, like 5 or 6 years ago at least . I've NEVER had one"

Shock! It like a door on an era slammed shut... and to meet a human being that had never had my favorite doughnut !!!!!

I picked up the pieces of my shattered childhood and order a half dozen assorted, couple milks and a double double coffee ... and made a memory with my kiddos!!!

Thanks for the Dunkin coffee

SD

cougar 08-13-2017 10:18 AM

Blame it on the millennials. They have no appreciation for all the great things our generation has given them.
I don't know, Scotty seems perfectly fine to me. After all, this is the next week you worried about last week.
More cold and rain.

Mexstan 08-13-2017 10:19 AM

Eh what??? Stay away from whatever Scooty is drinking!!!! Sure hope that whatever ails him is not contagious eh.

SD, funny story. Have heard many times that you can't go back. Have tried it myself and discovered that it is true.

Another absolutely gorgeous day down here. Makes me glad that I moved away from the cold, snow and rain - but do miss Tim's.

Time for another coffee, but will make my own as I am suspicious about the drinks available here.

Ciao.

Scotty 08-13-2017 10:25 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...5cb90cf5b3.jpgSlow cooked these for six hours and basted them with Apricot Bourbon sauce.
These are part of the buffet.

See the Divine light? 😀

Scotty 08-13-2017 10:27 AM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...8c21f8dc0a.jpgFinished product.
Wow were they good!!!

FiverBob 08-13-2017 02:52 PM

UUUUHHHH - - - - hey - - what do you mean "they WERE good?" You ate them all up? You gotta be kidding. OK, jist U watch out, big boy. Yeh. ...................[dummy].....................[laugh]

Hey, seriously, they look fantastic. Made me hungry and I just finished a big steak with all the trimmings.

Mexstan 08-13-2017 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Y'all take note, Scooty Scotty ate them all and never invited anybody to share! [nonono] Scotty, is that your famous George Foreman grill?

A few days ago took the following photo from my house. This was looking SE shortly before dark. What does it remind you of?

Just came back from a very filling, delicious Mexican lunch. I can eat hot stuff, but one of the sauces brought tears to my eyes. Tasty, but super HOT

Ol-dodge 1992 08-13-2017 05:09 PM

Uummm ... picture reminds me of some photos I saw in my history book at school from WWII and a bomb they were testing?!?!

Sorry mexstan couldn't resist... even though I would not know you if you were sitting at my kitchen table sippin Timmys coffee with me.

If your picture was EAST then I might say the Lords return but south east... I dunno what's it remind you of

Shovelhead 08-13-2017 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3332790)
A few days ago took the following photo from my house. This was looking SE shortly before dark. What does it remind you of?

It reminds me to never again mix 5-alarm Chili, Hot Salsa, Chiles Rellenos, and cheap beer , then go to an Port-O-Pot for relief.

Mexstan 08-13-2017 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ol-dodge 1992 (Post 3332792)
Uummm ... picture reminds me of some photos I saw in my history book at school from WWII and a bomb they were testing?!?!

If your picture was EAST then I might say the Lords return but south east... I dunno what's it remind you of

I also thought about THE BOMB when I saw that cloud, which is why I quickly took that photo.

Hmmm, just to stir things up a bit, Biblicaly speaking, if you could see that cloud and it was the return of the Lord, would that mean that you have been left behind? [coffee]

You have a PM.

Originally Posted by Shovelhead (Post 3332793)
It reminds me to never again mix 5-alarm Chili, Hot Salsa, Chiles Rellenos, and cheap beer , then go to an Port-O-Pot for relief.

Remind me never to go out with you. [coffee] [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
Ed, good to see you posting again.

Scotty 08-13-2017 08:11 PM

Thats off my Louisiana Grill.
pellet smoker
inlaws are having one of the racks tonight.
shared the first rack with the neighbor.

Mexstan 08-14-2017 06:10 AM

Good morning from Paradise where once again we have wonderful day dawning. It's still o'dark 30 down here, but Venus and some stars are shining brightly and can already see what sort of a day we will enjoy. Boring eh?

Not going to take a chance on making ph00 today as I am afraid of what is in the containers labelled 'ph00'. The ph00 drinkers can make their own. Just for a change, there is some strong Columbian coffee brewed. Watch out ladies as this stuff may put hair on your chest. [coffee] [laugh] Too early for food.

It's Monday or is it more like Moanday for some of you? Get up, get to work or whatever it is you do. Only 4 more days after this until the weekend.

Got to go and make a government payment this morning. Typical government, they do not make it easy. Need to go to two offices to get the required payment paperwork, then go to a bank to pay, then back to the first office to prove the payment and get the receipt. From experience, this will take all morning. No wonder governments everywhere need so many 'helpers'. [yuk]

FiverBob 08-14-2017 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3332819)
Good morning from Paradise where once again we have wonderful day dawning.

Got to go and make a government payment this morning. Typical government, they do not make it easy. Need to go to two offices to get the required payment paperwork, then go to a bank to pay, then back to the first office to prove the payment and get the receipt. From experience, this will take all morning. No wonder governments everywhere need so many 'helpers'. [yuk]

Beautiful morning here also. Not so hot for this time of day and drier. Few clouds which may mean a shower later on - - we can use it. Stan - - love your story about making a gubermunt payment - - No wonder Mexico has so many problems - - they are copying the US bureaucracy....................[dummy]

Lazy catch-up day today. See what I can find to clean out of the garage.
Made ph00 - - brought in fresh coffee so grab it before Scoooty comes in.
...........................[coffee]..............................:cool: