Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What would br your next truck
another dodge
80.56%
gmc(chevy)
8.33%
ford
4.17%
other
6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

next truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brisco,

Gotta ask........you the same person that wrote your signiture?? WHAT HAPPENED?!?
Yep, same person that wrote the signature.

I've said it many times here, I am proud to own a 2004 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL HO, I just had to get a piece of shyt Dodge to get my CUMMINS.

Have NO problem with what's under the hood, 152K and no problems yet, but I've also had Chevy V8's with that many miles that hadn't produced any problems at that mileage either.

No matter how hard I begged, I couldn't get my Chevy Dealership to Special Order me a Silverado with a Cummins. Some sort of Dodge/Cummins agreement.

Oh well.............................................. ....

This truck has become a TURD in all sense of the word. I have grown to hate it. I could write a check for the pay-off, get my title, and then have me good 'ole DODGE burning party (...and to some of you in that other thread that said "I must be jealous because some 30- kids are able to afford these trucks when I couldn't" I say Sheeeeezzzzz. Paying off $22,000 in cash aint shyt to me right now..)...................but I won't. I'll just get my wasted monies worth out of this piece of shyt and never look back.

Lesson learned...............................
Old 11-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Banned

I too have owned GM's, Fords and Dodges. I prefer the Dodge over those two. Fords are a piece of ...... period. I have always liked Gm trucks. my 94 was one of the best pickups I ever had. over 250K on it when I totalled it. Ran real strong. The last Gm I had was an 01. that piece of crap fell apart from the inside out in the first year. Never again. Ive had 2 Dodges since and I love em. Yea, ya gotta wrench on them a little, oh well. I dont mind it. My next truck will be a Mega Cab. Test drove one a week ago. Awsome.

As for Toyota's I had one in High School. I hit a telephone pole doin about 3 mph and totaled the thing. Im not into driving vehicles that hve the strength of recycled beer cans. No thanks. I dont care what they put under the hood
Old 11-02-2005, 06:46 PM

a smaller half ton with a small diesel...whichever company does one first will get my business......looks like chev/gmc might with a lil duramax jr.....i'll be there....the 12 valve will get all kinds of presents for the next few years
Old 11-05-2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I want to see what a long bed Dually Mega Cab looks like and I am even considering going back to a 4x2 as I do 99% highway and tow lots.
Still a manual transmission though.

I may try and do this before the changes in the engines for 07 or wait it out until the new version is out for a few years.

The only other truck I would look at is a full size Toyota diesel dually.

I just bought a Cummins powered Mega Cab 2500 4x4. The interior room is out of this world! But, Mega Cab only comes with a 6' 3" bed. If you want an 8' bed then you'll have to go with a regular Quad Cab. I would sent a picture but I'm new here and haven't figured that out yet.
John
Old 11-05-2005, 12:45 PM

Hmmmmmm. didn't know chevy made trucks any more. lol . Thought those were just the updated version of the elcamino
Old 11-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by No Plugs
I just bought a Cummins powered Mega Cab 2500 4x4. The interior room is out of this world! But, Mega Cab only comes with a 6' 3" bed. If you want an 8' bed then you'll have to go with a regular Quad Cab. I would sent a picture but I'm new here and haven't figured that out yet.
John
WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Keep us updated on your new truck, you're one of the first guys on here with a megacab.

We all hope that you enjoy it!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by krock
Hmmmmmm. didn't know chevy made trucks any more. lol . Thought those were just the updated version of the elcamino
Nice.

Every truck has a niche market it fills. hondas are for people that just want a truck but will never put more than a gallon of milk in it. toyotas are for the same, however their owners may pick up an item at home depot once in awhile. chevys, they are usually seen hauling around yard work tools with 8 unidentified people laying in the bed/trailer. dodges, they are usually used for work. Fords are sometimes seen towing items, but most likely are lifted and drove by teens or guys in the middle age crisis.

Anymore im missing?