Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New and Remodeled Breakroom Nov. 19 - 25

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 05:43 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
New and Remodeled Breakroom Nov. 19 - 25

Wake up. Come in. Look around.

I gutted the kitchen completely, repaired holes in walls and ceiling, put in new tray ceiling with indirect lighting, new tile floor.

New solid oak cabinets with granite counter tops, new SS refrigerator w/2 doors and 2 drawers, surface burners (no body ever uses an oven). New island setup with raised bar extending the distance all with granite tops. New bar stools matching the new table and chair set. Note the new SS dishwasher by the new SS sink/valve set.

Note on the counter the new KEURIG coffee maker sitting on a three drawer KCUP Pod holder with all kinds of coffee blends plus some ph00 blends.

New toaster/oven on the counter to warm/toast whatever.

The dragon now has a cage in its own den and only accessible to the kitchen if you leave the gate open. Please check its water and food when you are in.

So, from now on you make your own blend of coffee/ph00 from the multiple choices available in the drawer. Today, you will note baked French toast in the refrigerator - - take your desired amount and warm it in the toaster over. Sitting on the counter top warmer are scrambled eggs, bacon, southern grits. Cimmmammummm buns, apple fritters and sprinkles are on the counter.

Now, keep the place clean and enjoyable so we can sit down and have a cup and jabber together without getting irritated sinus infection........... ...........

Grabbing mine and heading to church. Missed two weeks with all the garbage going on - - need to get there and soak it in. Have a good one.

..............................Ph00............Eggs...............C immmammumm bun..................

Hey, smells good in here and looks good.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
What the heck happened in here? where did the horse shoe pit go?...I can't find that hunk of wood we had hanging on the wall to throw hatchets at?....the heavy bag is missing as well...I took a swing at it as I walked in and wrenched my back not realizing it wasn't hanging on the chain by the door....

I don't know what the heck is going on around here but those cinnamon buns are fantastic!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:47 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
What the...?

At least the unrinal in the living room is still there.

Bobby built a Lobby for all our Hobbies.
I put the heavy bag in there this time.
sorry but this post had to have a rhyme.

I threw a turkey in the oven only to realize Bobby turned it into a dishwasher. Turkey soup is ready.

Lary, nice touch with the spray paint cans on the motion sensor attached to the ceiling fans.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:12 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I come to the right place? It actually smells nice for a change. Just read what Bob did, but arrived to late to appreciate the full extent of his activities. The vandals got here first. Sigh! Anyway, did enjoy the cimmmammummm buns, bacon and eggs. Someone else can have my share of the gritty grits. Is that really food? The dragon is looking very confused. Perhaps we should lock the vandals in the cage with the dragon for a couple of days? On second thoughts, that would be considered cruelty to the dragon.

Sitting down with a coffee and a fritter and waiting to see if anyone else comes in for a jabber.

Of course, another gorgeous day down here in Paradise.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Stanimal, I’m sitting right behind you covered in living room camouflage paint.
The dragon says he would prefer to be in his cage alone whenever those vandals come around. However it really likes it when Lary and I play pin the tail on the dragon in the dark, in the cage.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
That didn't take long.
The bar stools are set up like checkers on the tile floor.
There are axe marks in the cabinet doors.
The ceiling tiles are set up like houses of cards.
The dragon looks like it's in a food coma passed out on the couch.
And Scotty, that is not a urinal. It's a priceless painting from the obscure artist IP Freely.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
What the heck happened in here? where did the horse shoe pit go?...I can't find that hunk of wood we had hanging on the wall to throw hatchets at?....the heavy bag is missing as well...I took a swing at it as I walked in and wrenched my back not realizing it wasn't hanging on the chain by the door....

I don't know what the heck is going on around here but those cinnamon buns are fantastic!
YEH, what did happen in here. I clean up and remodel the joint and our illustrious wants to put a horse shoe pit in the kitchen. Where did you grow up, boy? IN THE KITCHEN????????????? Mercy me. A heavy bag - - in the kitchen????? Throwing hatchets in the kitchen??????? I spent all that money and time making it look nice and comfortable chairs and stools to sit on, new coffee maker (and not cheap either). Behave and settle down. ...............

Oh well, can't teach an old dog new tricks, so straightened things back up and made another yummy ph00 - - - Yeh. .....................

Wife informs me she was awakened in the middle of last night with her sister whimpering and almost crying for her mommy - - - mommy, where are you??? Wow -- she is 90 years old and at a time like this resorts back to her childhood. Amazing. Wonder how long she has???? Tough trying to set any plans right now. Live it a day at a time and keep praying for a peaceful and painless passing on. She is a neat lady and been a great sis-in-law.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Bobby, your sis inlaw sounds like a really neat gal. I’m happy her sister is there with her and you two can help her.
plus I think she’d have a lot of fun here in the break room.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning Folks, Installed the zip line next to the coffee maker so you can grab a cup as you slide by.....I should mention it helps to open the door BEFORE you slide in....I will clean up the mess later Bob, as soon as the the little birdies quit flying around my head.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:02 AM

Back to single digits heading for the negative side. Yesterdays storm dropped a couple more inches of snow on us.
Follow up on the wrist today. We'll see if he remove the work restriction.
Anyone see the dragon?
Old 11-20-2017, 04:53 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good afternoon. Stepped into the breakroom THROUGH a broken, closed door. Can't figure out if someone was trying to break in or break out. Can't find the dragon. Debating on calling 911.

Anyone seen my screw driver? This morning while I was out, noticed a loose screw in the cab, (NO! NOT the one behind the wheel!!!) so once I arrived home, got a screwdriver to tighten it. It would not tighten so removed it and saw that the threads were a bit messed up. Went to my workshop, ran a die down the thread and went to reinstall it. No screw driver. Have spent over an hour looking for it. Nobody else was around to move it. Been everywhere, even the washroom, but it's gone. Even looked in every drawer of my toolbox in case I absentmindedly but it in another drawer. This is not a small screw driver, but about 10" long overall, so how can it go missing? Seems like I have a unique talent of losing tools without moving. Hope it turns up as it my favorite screw driver and use it almost daily. It is an old Snap-On (Bluepoint) with the magnetic tip, so can just switch bits to match the screw.

Another gorgeous day down here. A bit cool in the mornings, but by 10 it warms up nicely.

Bob, what you are going through does not sound very nice. That type of situation is very hard on everybody.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Good evening folks...fresh coffee and phoo as well as a couple pumpkin pies cooling on the stove. Help your selves while I measure for a new door....making note to get one big enough to fit my head this time

Who left the screwdriver in the peanut butter?
Old 11-20-2017, 09:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Stan, the screwdriver is right beside your dominant hand, carefully disguised as a screwdriver laying beside your dominant hand.
Don't even think of asking me how i know this.....

Bob, thanks for once again being there for those who need you most. Its a tough spot to be in, just remember that we're never given more than we can handle.

Cougar, winter has finally come to the north. Actual winter, not that sissified version that we've had for several years now. You want climate change, come see the turd mountain in the outhouse, and climate for a change.... maybe some of our displaced southerners will finally go home.

Lary and Scotty.... hahhhahah yeah,. Like usual, oh heck yeah!!! You guys have fun being the reason that we cant have nice things, and its fun to watch. I wish more people could learn to laugh at themselves. But, wish in one hand and crap in the other..... you know how it goes.

Have fun folks, and remember.... where stan put his screwdriver.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:19 AM

Hey - - -breakroom looks pretty good this morning. Refilled the KCups drawers and the reservoir. Making myself a wonderful Almond ph00 - - - ....................

Off to pick up the wife - - she has Hospice coming in to relieve her for 2 hours this morning. Then I am off to the doc this afternoon - - I am having some stupid problems they need to figure out. Really need that right now.........

Ph00..........................yaH0000000.......... ....

Son and DIL made it in yesterday for the week. Great to see them. What jewels - - both of them.

Me gone.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:32 AM

Anyone want -11°? COLD this morning. Relatively warmer at the soon to be our new place at +13°. Signing the papers tomorrow and should be our Monday. While I'm in the lower 48 the wife can move all my,,, our junk.

Quick Reply: New and Remodeled Breakroom Nov. 19 - 25