Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Never I Repeat Never!!!

Old 02-22-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Never I Repeat Never!!!

Never work on the truck and put the screwdriver in your BACK POCKET . Cause if u jump in the truck it will go right through the seat!! Just found out the hard way. I know
Old 02-22-2005, 08:38 PM

Ouch; now its broken in.

Another rule is never stuff a cocked revolver down into the front of your pants. I once saw the red puddle it leaves.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:40 PM

Thats a good one! I almost fell out of my chair. The old lady is lookin at me like i'm nuts!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:25 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I used to carry wire cutters in my back pocket. Stopped doing that when I put a 6 inch rip in a seat getting out.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:51 PM

I think most mechanics have a few stories to relate to on this subject. I learned a long time ago (easy on the old farts jokes please)to not carry things in the rear pockets, but we seem to just slip up once in a while. Good reminder.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 PM

Another classic move is to sit down on nice cloth seats with a cheap ink pen in your back pocket that breaks immediately upon sitting on it but doesn't make a noise so you don't notice until you get up and see a 3 inch circle of half dried ink. Oops is that just me?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:18 PM

I just started work about a year ago in a real shop and I always got yelled for the bakc pocket thing by my partner. I take it he has done it once or twice. who knows?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Banned

Guy I worked with left a razor blade in his back pocket. Cut both of his seats up pretty good.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 AM

I used to work in a papermill, carried a fixed blade utility knife in a pouch on my hip...one nightshift, jumped on the forklift, knife fell out and sliced up the back of my leg pretty good. nice, real nice...

Brothers buddy did the pen thing - jumped in the companys diesel excursion and busted a pen all over the leather seats of his bosses new $55k personal rig.....
Old 02-23-2005, 06:40 AM

You guys need to start carrying a purse then you’d have somewhere to put all your stuff.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by Flashdancr
You guys need to start carrying a purse then you’d have somewhere to put all your stuff.
Does it count since my better half usually makes me hold her purse?? I always try to wear shoes that dont match, just for the reason!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:06 AM

I have another one for you guys. I had just bought a brand spankin new 1997 chevy silverado ext. cab and had less than 50 miles on the clock. Only had it for 3 days and I was puffing on a cigar with my clipboard on the seat. Some meathead pulled out in front of me and I had to stand on the brakes. My clipboard went sliding off of the seat... so I instinctively reach out really quick to grab it and knocked the cherry off of my cigar which busted into about 2 dozen pieces and burned little holes all over my seat and carpet. DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Flashdancr

Please refer back to the post on " man rules"
Carring a "man purse" is unacceptable behavior......

now if I could just get my wife to stop saying " hold this" and handing me hers everytiime we go somewhere............
Old 02-23-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Chrisreyn

now if I could just get my wife to stop saying " hold this" and handing me hers everytiime we go somewhere............
Guys holding / carrying purses is against DTR rules I believe....

Put a couple of your wrenches in her purse so at least you have something of yours in there.

When she asks you to hold her purse, you just have to say "hold this" to her...
Old 02-23-2005, 07:41 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally posted by Chrisreyn
Please refer back to the post on " man rules"
Carring a "man purse" is unacceptable behavior......

When my wife tries that, I would just look at her like she's speaking a foreign language and let her drop her purse when trying to hand it to me...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Never I Repeat Never!!!