Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Need opinions regarding truck sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions regarding truck sale

Due to economic reasons (unemployed) , I may have to sell my truck. I hate to since I have 14 months left on a 5 year note. I also love the truck if there is such a thing. Anyway, aside from the mods that are shown in my sig., when I replaced the lift pump, I went ahead and replaced the quick connect fittings & lines for the feed (at the LP) & return lines. I used fuel injection hose, SAE 30r9, which is diesel rated.

My questions is, if I try to sell the truck, should I tell any prospective buyer everything that I've done to the truck? The only warranty that's left is the engine, which has about 14 months to go since my mileage is way short of 100k. The truck is in excellent condition as far as I know and I've done most of the maintenance myself. I certainly wouldn't want to hide anything from a prospective buyer; especially anything that might effect the warranty on the VP44 such as modifying the fuel lines.

I'm still trying to work things out financially but I want to be prepared if I have to sell the truck. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honesty is the best policy. My lawyer once told me that if you tell the truth you don't have to have a good memory. (keeping track of your lies that is).

Any way you cold roll it into a home equity or something? That is just a shame to get rid of it with only a year left to go and low mileage.

BTW, I didn't get convicted
Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 PM

P.J., I agree that honesty is the best policy. Only problem is that if a prospective buyer is not a CTD enthusiast like the members of this board, some mods could be turn-offs to a potential sale. I do plan to get rid of the BHAF and replace it with the stock set-up. The other mods would be left in place. I don't own a house, so an equity loan is not an option.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:32 PM

I am a frim believer in the "Golden Rule" (Do unto others...). If you were buying the truck from someone, wouldn't you want to know all you could? As far as the potential new owner not being an enthusiast... If the truck isnt for him/her its not...there is a buyer out there., maybe knowing the truck has some "additions" will give gim enough interest to start becoming enthused. IMO you can't go wrong telling the truth
Old 01-13-2006, 06:16 PM

by you telling a perspective buyer what you did and why you did it, it possibly could persuade them into the purchase. they should understand your concern for the reliability of the vehicle and gain the trust in you to go ahead and purchase it. atleast i would. i think the BHAF would be fine, its a filter. if you didnt have a filter, well, thats a different story.

tell them what you did, and tell them why as if explaining to a 10 year old...
Old 01-13-2006, 07:32 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have the stock filter assembly and all it might be worth it just to sell that stuff off. You can re-coop like 70-75% of your money v.s giving away the mods to someone who might not even know or care about their value.