Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

National Finals Rodeo -- Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
National Finals Rodeo -- Las Vegas

Anybody ever been? Thinking about going this year and looking for tips on how to get best bang for the buck. Never been and always wanted to go. Planning on going for the last weekend December 13 and 14. Same weekend as anniversary looking to do something different, have heard that the Cowboy Christmas and the Country Christmas are worth checking out.
Thanks in advance for the tips.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:27 PM

Re:National Finals Rodeo -- Las Vegas

I went to the last day of NFR in 94. Great night except bull rider Brent Thurman was injured and died a few days later from his injuries. Other that that, great time, plus Dodge is giving away the 1 millionth CTD Ram there! Good luck!-Steve
Old 10-14-2003, 05:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I could, I'd go every year. It is a great time. The Gold Coast is where the banquets are held, so there is always action there after the rodeo. Dylan's on Boulder HWY is a great bar to go to look at the fillys. (If you know what I mean. ) The Cowboy's Christmas is great (bring plenty of money) and Christmas gifts are bountiful. I see it will be your anniversary, so disregard the filly comment.

Mike
Old 10-15-2003, 12:21 PM

I live in Vegas... Dylans is nice, but got way "trendy" in the last couple years. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are in college and a supermodel...

Good luck on getting tickets - they will be pricy and from what I hear, all nights were sold out months ago... (my sources could be wrong though)

If it's your anniversary, and a cowboy - there is a great little riding ranch out at Red Rock Canyon (Cowboy Trailrides). For a great price you can get an evening ride and a BBQ steak while seranaded by a father and son team of musicans. (Very worth it!) Or you can book a helecoptor to fly you and your hunny over the strip and then off to this great little vineyard in Paharump. (I think it's about $250 a head) Dinner, dancing, tour of the vineyards, and a bottle of wine before they put you back on the coptor to head back to Vegas.

Cowboy christmas and the Cowboy convention are HUGE - wear good walking shoes, and bring lots of money. Parking is a pain in the neck - I would definately recommend taking a cab (or a limo for $30 an hour) there. It's ususally split into about 3 different convention centers to give you an idea. Something like 10 miles of vendors.... Its a lot of fun! While your here, if you like, I can hook you up with free tickets to get into Hoover Dam as I work down yonder...

Kelley
Old 10-15-2003, 02:45 PM

MYTRNx3, supermodel this boy aint and college was way too long ago.
Am finding tickets on e-bay at a reasonable price, considering.
What are the dates on the convention and the x-mas, do they coincide with the rodeo?
Thanks for the Hoover Dam offer but have already been down there.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:47 PM

Yes they run at the same time. You'll have a blast!

Oh and don't forget an evening on "TOP OF THE WORLD"