Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My poor neighbor...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My poor neighbor...

He woke up to find his beautiful Yellow Ford Dually like this Sunday morning. Hit and Run! The whole rear is twisted under the truck to where the left side is about a half foot closer to the front then the right. They didn't even hear anything!! I'm glad I park in the driveaway......
Old 01-09-2007, 07:02 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My God.

I think I would have just crawled back in bed and cried.

That sucks. People are heartless and cowardly. Wonder what the other guy looks like???? There should be a whole lot of yellow paint on the offending drivers vehicle!
Something like THAT could be the one thing that causes a truck to just never be "right" afterwards.
Give him our condolences.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It'll buff right out.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:44 AM

That and a little Bondo.....

I don't even know the guy but he took good care of the truck even though it's a construction vehicle. He had an 03 Cummins before this truck. He always stares in awe at my truck when I drive by. Maybe it's that turbo whistle piercing his ears and that's what makes him look when I drive by. I don't know. Maybe I'll go see how much he wants to give me for my truck....
Old 01-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same thing happened to my sisters PS, only it was sitting in her driveway! They didn't hear it either.........

Last Saturday, I witnessed a car back into the door of another one on a parking lot. When the owner didn't answer a page inside the business, I left my phone # on the windshield along with the other cars plate #, but never heard from them. The people inside the store couldn't believe I even took time to get involved.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Maybe it was dark at night and he could not see it.

He was probably seen driving away with his airbags inflated but was too drunk to see them.

I hate stupid people.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

That's the first thought that came to mind when I saw the picture. Spicolli was great

That sucks about your neighbor's truck DZ
If I were him, I would be riding around looking for a vehicle with a good bit of damage a lot of yellow paint.

~Rob
Old 01-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The vehicle that did that couldn't have made it too far away.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
There was an accident here years ago where the drunk had left the scene and by chance the police had stopped a car they spotted pushing a fire hydrant down the street that was implanted deep into the front of his car.
He had got a few blocks away.
They only had to look for the geyser to find where it had come from.

Yes Jeff Spicoli was great but unfortunately I know too many people like him.

But I am not one of them, never have never will.
Jim
Old 01-10-2007, 09:13 AM

A few years ago, a drunk crashed into the brick wall of our fire dept, and then backed out and drove home. When confronted the next morning, he tried to deny it. The oil slick leading from the fire dept to his garage was kind of incriminating though, as were the bricks on his hood when they opened the garage.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I'm glad I park in the driveaway......
Originally Posted by crobtex
Same thing happened to my sisters PS, only it was sitting in her driveway! They didn't hear it either.........

I'm glad I park in my garage. Solves a variety of issues with theft, starting, maintenance, hit/run, hail, UV damage, etc. Does it make sense to leave something worth $20,000 to $40,000 outside?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I, very luckly park in my garage. However here in WI. in the city,it is illeagle to park a dually or any commercial type vehicle,on the street overnight.It looks to be a very residential neighborhood,so that leads me to beleive that the guilty party is not to far away,usually you don't drive through neighborhoods in the middle of the night unless you live there ,or are dropping someone off.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotdram

That's the first thought that came to mind when I saw the picture. Spicolli was great
I thought that was a License to Drive quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Timberman
A few years ago, a drunk crashed into the brick wall of our fire dept, and then backed out and drove home. When confronted the next morning, he tried to deny it. The oil slick leading from the fire dept to his garage was kind of incriminating though, as were the bricks on his hood when they opened the garage.
I can top that. Guy four houses down the street drove a Lincoln Navigator home one night. Police say he tested at .213 blood alcohol level. Our street is shaped like a L. He almost made the turn, but he sit the fire hydrant, mailbox, at the first house, second house he took out a small tree, hit the car in the driveway and pushed it into a second small tree in front of the third house. The car went off to the right and he went left into the side of the third house garage, out the other side, and hit the garage of a four house caving in the side wall. He backed up and drove through the yard, down into the court where I live, around the court and down the street to his house.

Wife came out and started yelling at him. Then she went to talk to the people he hit, he decided to get back in and leave. You want to see a made women! guy. Wow. Police came and just took him away. He could not walk to the police car. I didn't hear it, but my wife did. He got me up and we watched the whole thing go on. What a night.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM

In my city a guy took out a light pole with his Toyota PU Monday morning @ 6:45. He blew a .21 on the breathalizer....at 6:45 AM!

"That's way up there for that time of the morning" was the printed response from the police sargent.

Isn't that way up there for anytime? The article didn't mention that he suffered any injuries or was even taken to the hospital. He was still at the PD Monday afternoon and will be arraigned on Wednesday.

Quick Reply: My poor neighbor...