Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My New BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inline6power
way to funny lol. that boxy thingy is a Demon 1050 carb and that tubey thingy with all the wires is defintely on the RIGHT end. no way i would own an engine with the Distributor in the front, i want something thats going to make power and that will last
Demon's are BADDD carbs. I'm jealous. Your gonna need some weight in the back so you can go more than 100mi on a set of tires. Concrete Bedliner?

EDIT: What are you gonna do w/the 396???? What trans are you bolting to the 572??
Old 08-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
Demon's are BADDD carbs. I'm jealous. Your gonna need some weight in the back so you can go more than 100mi on a set of tires. Concrete Bedliner?

EDIT: What are you gonna do w/the 396???? What trans are you bolting to the 572??
tranny is a 4k$ 700r4. believe it or not, we are putting the 396 into our 66 CJ5 jeep and we are going to make that a sand drag truck. as far as getting traction, we should be ok i THINK. we had it fully tubbed, running 33x18.5 tires n the real. moved the gas tank directly between the rear tires and its a 25 gallon tank and we also had a full hotckiss 4 link put on so it should do alright but dont quote me on that. and i am right there with you on the DEMON carbs, they are badddddd
Old 08-11-2006, 02:15 PM

A 572 in an ElCamino...that's just SWEET!!!!!

I have thought about one of those in my Chevelle...it would be awesome power, but I wanna be different. Planning something a bit more exotic...not that a 572 is normal or anything! There is just something to be said about pure BB power

Chris
Old 08-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by inline6power
tranny is a 4k$ 700r4. believe it or not, we are putting the 396 into our 66 CJ5 jeep and we are going to make that a sand drag truck. as far as getting traction, we should be ok i THINK. we had it fully tubbed, running 33x18.5 tires n the real. moved the gas tank directly between the rear tires and its a 25 gallon tank and we also had a full hotckiss 4 link put on so it should do alright but dont quote me on that. and i am right there with you on the DEMON carbs, they are badddddd
You've got me drooling... 33x18.5 . I don't think with the 4-link and those you'll have any traction problems... It'd be cool if you did . Sounds like a SWEET ride. We need pics after it's installed. Are 700r4's a 3 or 4 speed?

EDIT: Nevermind, 4-speed. I'd like to see the sand drag jeep in action after you get it finished...Sand drag...too cool.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sweet BBC.....Don't mean to knit pick but...please tell me that you are not going to use that little girly air filter on top of that engine. There is no way a Demon 1050 feeding 620 hp is going to draw enough air through that! You need to be looking at an air filter assembly that has WAY more surface area than that. Other than that, awesome engine, awesome ride, I'm very jealous and would love to see picks of it installed.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
Sweet BBC.....Don't mean to knit pick but...please tell me that you are not going to use that little girly air filter on top of that engine. There is no way a Demon 1050 feeding 620 hp is going to draw enough air through that! You need to be looking at an air filter assembly that has WAY more surface area than that. Other than that, awesome engine, awesome ride, I'm very jealous and would love to see picks of it installed.
well we were trying to HIDE the engine, thats the lowest air filter we could fine. we really wanted to keep the stock SS hood because it comes with loovers and only the SS cars had that. with this motor being so tall, thats the only way we were able to fit it under the hood without cuttin the hood or puttin on a cowl hood. i have plenty of pics of the build up and i am going to scan them tonight for you guys. thanks for all the compliments.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Banned

here is a pic of our Elky when it was pretty much stock lookin with out the tubbed rear end and such. this is with the 396

Old 08-11-2006, 06:00 PM

Just freakin great, if you ever do a video about that car please upload it somewhere so we can hear and see that bad boy scream
Old 08-11-2006, 07:23 PM

Even though I'm a true Dodge Boy (ie. Mopar Man), that's a wicked motor!
Love the red (favorite color), but DODGE makes one with MO-POWER but you do have a choice ride there in the Elmo-cameano . Really, it's a sweet ride, just a side note my brother lived in one for 2 years in my parents front yard. I'll be lookin' for pics!!!!!

Last edited by wannadiesel; 08-11-2006 at 07:25 PM. Reason: site rules violation
Old 08-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Banned

you got it. the entire car prob wont be done till middle of next year but it will be running in about 3 weeks and i will defintly post a video. i am not trying to brag at all but this is DEFINETLY going to be a show car. i mean me and my dad already have over 100k$ in custom work done to this thing and trust me, already have calls from MOTHERS and a few others for this thing to go in a couple of mags and callenders. i will defeitly keep you guys updated. i will post some more pics tomorrow of the rear end ect.......
Old 08-12-2006, 06:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Begle1
Blue Oval?

I'm talking about the gold 'ole Red, White and Blue!

AMC WILL RISE AGAIN!!!
*** WARNING ***

Reading Beagle1 posts may cause an unhealthy affection for AMC Gremlins and nightmare dreams of transplanting a perfectly good CTD in one of these pieces of AMC junk. If you have reoccurring nightmares seek professonal help immediately. If you still want to install a CTD in a Gremlin please contact DTR Admins to change your screen name to BEAGLE2.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Banned

ha ha ha ha way to funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Which version is it? 620 or the other one? Still, 572 cubes and only 620 HP???
The new HEMI crate is 540 cubes and ranges from 600 to 900+ HP depending on "options"

900 hp on that motor is just a port/polish and camshaft away...
Old 08-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Geico266
*** WARNING ***

Reading Beagle1 posts may cause an unhealthy affection for AMC Gremlins and nightmare dreams of transplanting a perfectly good CTD in one of these pieces of AMC junk. If you have reoccurring nightmares seek professonal help immediately. If you still want to install a CTD in a Gremlin please contact DTR Admins to change your screen name to BEAGLE2.
They seem to have a mostly confusion and naseua inducing effect on me. Unless he posts that feaking demon dog pic...
Old 08-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Banned

I'm thinkin Beagle ate some serious paint chips as a kid!!

~Nick

Quick Reply: My New BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!