Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My Gig Lock Pick

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My Gig Lock Pick

My wife and I are looking into buying a Dodge Avenger RT. It has the My Gig with Nav system in it. The video will not play when the car is out of park and changes can't be made to the Nav system while in motion. I understand that it is not safe for the driver to watch videos or play with the Nav system while driving. I want my wife and kid to be able to use this while I am driving on long trips.
I guess what I am trying to get to is, Has anybody used the Lock Pick to unlock their system? and do you like it?
Here is ther web site. http://www.coastaletech.com/
Old 10-26-2008, 01:39 PM

Not sure how the factory systems work, but on many aftermarket setups there is just a ground wire to allow the display to come on. This ground wire would just need to be permanently grounded to allow the system to be ran outside of park.

This was 2-3 years ago when I was into that sorta stuff... So times may have changed and factory may be different than aftermarket, but none the less something to look for if you got the time.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:16 PM

There are alot of people on Chargerfourmns.com that have used it for the my gig and the other one and like it.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the replies so far.
I know many of our members are way more tech savvy than me. Hopefully some one on here has used the lock pick and can give advice. I will also look on that Charger site.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Most of the stereo shops should be able to unlock them, they do that around here.

Mine was controlled by a ground wire you are supposed to connect during installation.

Having to be stopped to input your navigation system to me seems to be a bigger traffic hazard.

It seems stupid to have to pull off the side of the freeway in traffic when you are already lost to find where you are going.

But I guess the government knows best.