Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My buddy is going to school this week, for training on the New Ford Diesel engine.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Begle1
If they did that there wouldn't be anything to gain (not that I know of, anyway)... Then again, is Ford known to only do logical things?

And I'm sure that twin turbo's would help greatly with emissions as well... That is, twin turbo's help make more power with the same emissions as a single turbo. I have no doubt that any twin turbo Diesel truck with a displacement of 6.4 liters will bury today's stock Cummins or Duramax. (When the truck is running, at least. )

The questions are "what will Chrysler respond with?" and "what will the power levels be?". I think that the 6.7 liter Cummins with an Aisin is a very possible rumour, but will any single turbo truck be able to compete with a twin turbo truck while still meeting emissions? I seriously doubt it. In my humble opinion, as soon as one automaker comes out with twins they will all be forced to in order to compete.

And does anybody else think that maybe the second turbo will be an option?

And on another note, imagine how well the twins are going to be tuned from the factory. I wouldn't want to be the engineer trying to tune twins into the optimal computer program, but with the resources of a multi-billion dollar company those twins are probably going to come off the showroom floor dialed in nice.

yeah, but what if they mess it up royally, as they have done in the past. ( Not knocking ford, its just sorta there..) but hey, if they manage to get a good engine out of this, go them! But I cant help but wonder what their numbers will be, because of the stricter emissions ( I realize the twins are to help) but still....everything is going to change, because of 2007 emission laws, its only downhill from there! Heres to Hoping the 07 cummins AISIN combo will be good....
Old 01-27-2006, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 67HotRod
He is going to school this for the new Ford 6.4 liter V8 twin turbo diesel engine. ]
Talk about job security!