Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office

If there is only one thing you forward today.....let it be this!

http://shop.usps.com/images/02_eid37_d.jpg

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Post! al Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know. > > >
Old 08-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office

I'm as Patriotic as any,

but,

I have to say,

Don't judge an entire religion based on the misguided deeds of a few.

phox
Old 08-14-2003, 10:15 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts

At the risk of starting something controversial, I need to say once again that America is facing it's greatest crisis in history. Most Americans are blissfully ignorant of the extent of the insidious attack they are presently under.
WAKE UP AMERICA, before it is too late. It may be already too late.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:53 PM

The Muslim religion is very peaceful,,,true Muslims are hard working, well cultured people. The folks that most Americans think of are extremist, kinda like our KKK, not all Americans are in the klan. Something to think about.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:57 PM
Banned

oh no....we have Liberals in TEXAS? oh Gonz, you know that white outfit under your bed comes out once in awhile ...lol
Old 08-14-2003, 11:02 PM

I am a staunch conservative,,,,,,complete with Ditto Head. I learned alot while I worked over in the gulf in 91,,there are bad and there are good. I spent an entire day fishing with a Muslim cleric, best translation of his role in the church. Awesome man with tons of wisdom, had it not been for that encounter I would probably dislike the whole lot myself.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:03 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Muslins as a whole ARE peaceful and I am not knocking them. However, their religion, contrary to what Mr. Bush says, is NOT a religion of peace. This is very easily proven. I tend to be a bit of a news junkie and have learned NOT to believe a lot of the media, so dig down deeper than most for the real story, the real news and not the hyped sensationalism. What I am discovering more and more, over and over, is that your American way of life is being treatened in ways that the majority of Americans are not aware of. It is very insidious. There is a spiritual and political war going on that is steadily eroding all your rights. Don't believe me? Then ignore the headlines and do some serious digging for yourself and prove me wrong. In your digging also try and find the published agenda of the Muslims to take over the entire American continent. It is all out there but not in normal media. Many of your politicians are actually working to undermine you for their own self serving interests. The UN has a published agenda that is aimed at taking over America and is just waiting for a wimpy US president to give the go-ahead. The UN also has a published agenda to confiscate all the privately owned guns in America. Again, they are just waiting for the right timing. I believe that in the future that many of the current crop of politicians will be shown as traitors to America. America, I say again, you are under attack as never before in history!!!! Wake up, wake up, wake up!!!!
Now, having said the above, I want to make it plain that I am not trying to start a war on this site. Before anybody attacks me, please make sure that you are fully aware of what is going on in your country and don't quote media headlines to me. I refuse to argue opinions on this subject on this site. I will only deal with hard actual evidence that you can dig up to prove me wrong. If you want to call me a sensationlist or worse, then PM me and we will deal with it privately. But in the meantime, wake up to what is happening around you. It may already be too late because so many of you are woefully ignorant of the insidious stuff happening all around you.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:13 AM

??? Isn't the image that of a stamp with Arabic writing for "Greetings"? I don't see that it has anything to do with a religion, but then again I can't read Arabic. ???
Old 08-15-2003, 07:19 AM

Have no idea what the writing says.
BTW Commotoze, like your key. Still have one similar to it and believe it or not but even used it with an old Heathkit while mobile.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:05 AM

It's a tragedy that a former Canadian, now Mexican resident can see it but most of us can't. Our country is on a downhill slide and doesn't seem like many care.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:34 AM

Let's see. The actions of a few shall rule for all. For the actions of a few Muslims, we should condemn all Muslims. While I acknowledge that America and all her friends are under constant attack in one form or another, I'm not ready to accept your solution of let's just bomb them into oblivion and go merrily on our way. What an arrogant thought process. Maybe that's part of the problem and why we seem to rile the neighbors so much. And before anyone even thinks to accuse me of being a liberal, you'd best just stifle the thought. To add to the arrogance by accusing another dtr member of being a member of a white racist organization, even if it was meant as a joke, I find to be the ultimate insult. What is your motivation to take such an extreme point of view? Perhaps you might want to review the reasons for the founding of the United States. Buried in there is one small concept that apparently has escaped your attention: The pursuit of religious freedom. In fact, it's one of the primary reasons for escape from the tyranny of England. It doesn't matter if your religion is Christian, Muslim, or even agnostic, you are free to pursue your faith in America, and by extension, the rest of the world, since most principal religions did not originate in America. And as a final point, we Christians can really take "pride" in our own history as peace loving people. Uh, lets see, Irish Catholics and Protestants still having serious discussions with violent results. Oh, how about the crusades, or perhaps you'd like to investigate the atrocities of the Inquisitions conducted by the Catholic Church. Yep, we got alot to be proud of too. You don't have to look far to find that many religions have a strongly militant segment. Some, admittedly, more fanatical then others. But we're not exactly the innocent babes you'd have us believe we are. Finally, I agree with Mexstan, we are on a slide. One of our own making in many ways. Oh sure, there's always plenty of people to help us along the way, but in many cases, we've given them reasons (in their minds). Why, come to think of it: the only difference between your statement and their statements of religious faith is, you're presumably in the United States and they are overseas.

Pogo had it right.

~Dave
Old 08-15-2003, 09:42 AM

[quote author=NWDave link=board=10;threadid=18414;start=0#msg172921 date=1060958088]
.................Pogo had it right.

~Dave
[/quote]

What? "You have met the enemy, and he is us." That one?

Notary Sojac to all.... ;D
Old 08-15-2003, 10:57 AM

Well, that's one stamp I won't be using.

As for the UN, as best they're useless and impotent. At worst they're dangerous. I know it's fiction, but has anyone else read the Left Behind series?
Old 08-15-2003, 04:53 PM

Been out all day and just catching up. The Left Behind series may be fiction but it is based on facts. Facts that unfortunately all to many people do not want to acknowledge. They are a great series of books and I would recommend them to anyone.

Quick Reply: Muslim Stamp in U.S. post office