Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

MS Windows "Arkansas Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MS Windows "Arkansas Edition"

<br><br>MS Windows 2000 &quot;Arkansas Edition&quot;<br><br>Dear Consumers:<br><br>It has come to our attention that a few copies of the<br>WINDOWS 2000 ARKANSAS EDITION may have accidentally been shipped outside of the STATE of ARKANSAS. If you have one of these, you may need help understanding the commands. The ARKANSAS EDITION may be recognized by<br>the unique opening screen. It reads: WINDERS 2000, with a background picture of Goober Pyle holding a Moon Pie superimposed on a bottle of RC Cola. <br>Please also note: <br><br>The Recycle Bin is labeled &quot;Outhouse&quot;<br>My Computer is called &quot;This Dern Contraption&quot;<br>Dial Up Networking is called &quot;Good Ol' Boys&quot;<br>Control Panel is known as &quot;The Dashboard&quot;<br>Hard Drive is referred to as &quot;4-Wheel Drive&quot;<br>Floppies are &quot;Them little ol' plastic thangs&quot;<br>Instead of an error message, &quot;Duct Tape&quot; pops up<br><br>CHANGES IN TERMINOLOGY IN ARKANSAS EDITION:<br>Cancel............stopdat<br>Reset.... .........try'er agin<br>Yes...............yep<br>No............... .nope<br>Find..............hunt fer it<br>Go to.............over yonder<br>Back..............back yonder<br>Help..............hep me out here<br>Stop..............kwitit (WHOA!)<br>Start.............crank'er up<br>Settings..........settins<br>Programs....... .. stuff at duz stuff<br>Documents....... .stuff ah done did<br>Also note that the ARKANSAS EDITION does not recognize<br>capital letters or punctuation marks. Some programs that are exclusive to WINDERS 2000:<br>Tiperiter.....................a word processing program<br>Colerin' Book.................a graphics program<br>Cyferin' Mersheen.............calculator<br>Outhouse Paper................notepad<br>Inner-net.....................Microsoft explorer 5.0<br>Pitchers......................a graphics viewer<br><br>We regret any inconvenience it may have caused. If you <br>received a copy of the ARKANSAS EDITION, you may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.<br><br>I hope this helps all y'all!<br><br>Billy Bob Gates
Old 02-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Re:MS Windows "Arkansas Edition"

Old 02-11-2003, 07:04 PM

Was that supposed to be a joke? ;D
Old 02-11-2003, 08:19 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want you to know that some of us ARKIES are edumicated. Also, my wife wears shoes and has all her teeth.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:23 PM

[quote author=shortround link=board=10;threadid=10857;start=0#103535 date=1045016372]<br>I want you to know that some of us ARKIES are edumicated. Also, my wife wears shoes and has all her teeth.<br>[/quote]<br><br>
Old 02-11-2003, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah shucks ma fillins is a hertin ;D
Old 02-11-2003, 10:18 PM

Steve, I see you are making friends all over the country. :
Old 02-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Chapter President

Old 02-11-2003, 10:40 PM

Steve is from a backwards place in Washington State we call &quot;Gig Harbor&quot;. I have seen Steve in his finest hour, and he isn't very civilized himself.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:01 PM

[quote author=luvmycummins link=board=10;threadid=10857;start=0#103604 date=1045024459]<br>P.S.....DZLPWR, I know there's gotta be harbors in Virginia (VA) with the ocean and all, but where exactly did you find a body of water in West Virginia (WA) that could hold something as big as a Harbor?????????? :<br>[/quote]<br><br>huh? ??? Last time I checked, West Virginia was WV and Washington State (where I live) is WA.... : You are really from Arkansas, aren't you? <br><br>We have PLENTY of water &amp; harbors here!
Old 02-11-2003, 11:34 PM

[quote author=luvmycummins link=board=10;threadid=10857;start=0#103634 date=1045027776]<br>Heck naw!!!!!!!!!! I ain't from Arkansas.........I just live here. Got my schoolin' in Miss'sippi... ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br> <br><br>I was actually born and raised in Virginia Beach, VA. Dad was a career Navy officer stationed in Norfolk..... Is Virginia considered to be the &quot;south&quot;?

Quick Reply: MS Windows "Arkansas Edition"