Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

madhat's sand free Independence Day breakroom 30 June-7 July

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
madhat's sand free Independence Day breakroom 30 June-7 July

Evening, ladies and germs...

My time is getting short, prepping for the deployment to Afghanistan shortly (can't say when, OPSEC!!), and a great fourth of July that is coming up.

Buy your sparklers and snakes now to celebrate!!!

Beer and fireworks...
Old 07-01-2012, 12:40 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the new breakroom and as always, thanks for your service.
Its been a long time since I got sent someplace I would rather not go. You are (at least on the surface) a lot more upbeat than I could manage. Thanks again.

No fireworks for us this year. Fire hazard is up. Luckily beer doesnt cause fires (most of the time).
~
Old 07-01-2012, 12:56 AM
DTR Mom

youza! storm from the west; storm from the south east. do not want my place to look like Ed's......(tree should of hit the Aries...snicker/kidding)
what's next Ed, amc Pacer?

lightning and boomers here, living under the dam or so it sounds...pouring out.

son over, mixed up a 1/2 pound batch of thermite. only rifle rounds and minimum distance is 100 yards if that tells ya anything.
hubby used camera phone for the .223 round boom, then the real stand up and take notice boom. will ask him to post it....neighbor half mile downthe hill
heard the boom. warning right on the label states high chance of arrest for disturbing the peace with this product. good thing there are no cops in my town.

t raddy, i have no free time with hubby around, they went for a cycle ride so I made time to sit on the side porch (pond side) and play some guitar. then son comes to hang out and uses cell phone for sirius(? )radio. I enjoyed for seven minutes of peace. lol
cat brought in a vole from the next county, we sure have to be out by now.
gratefull killer....she must love her new cat food -sheesh

Shorts, alright!! looking for same thing recliner and/or reclining loveseat with space in between for stuff. haven'tfound one that I like. you go girl!
Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Wish I would have bought more Tannerite some years back before the shipping to AK went up.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 AM

Gunny, thanks for your service. No fireworks here because the fire hazard is high. Keith
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by madhat
Beer and fireworks...
Name:  191679_195539290467292_1747736_o.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  90.5 KB

Originally Posted by Bark
Thanks for the new breakroom and as always, thanks for your service.
Its been a long time since I got sent someplace I would rather not go. You are (at least on the surface) a lot more upbeat than I could manage. Thanks again.
No worries, brother. I'm happy to go defend my country. Not everyone can say they supported the pillars of America, I feel this as a privilege for me, not something bad.

Originally Posted by ktpauley
Gunny, thanks for your service. No fireworks here because the fire hazard is high. Keith
Thanks brother.

Evenin. Worked on some stuff, had some beers. Feelin good
Old 07-01-2012, 02:21 AM
DTR Mom

Wink

you'd be feeling like concrete if you let me send you those molson xxx gunny... just sayin' son. snicker snicker

talking with so many vets now with this Patriot guard riders, no one wants to worry their family, but it is a priviledge and honor to go over and see what it is all about. on a pride level for a service career guy....the ' been there' silent club. you have kinda wanted some participation gunny...please be safe.
i'd kill ya if you got dead, man. learn some arabic too, the guys say.

shut off hot tub. better get up to bed before hubby comes after me (think caveman) LOTS of people and dogs and activity tomorrow.......got to make food. stay safe ALL of ewe!

cuddling up on the dragon's belly......poke poke. ok night alaska superman and gyrine.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:13 AM

Got woke up by something. Turns out it was a porcupine stripping twigs (or something) off the alder outside the window.
Sucker almost got shot.
Now I can't get back to sleep. Oh well, thats what they made youtube for.

Mmmmm, Food. Dang it Heidi, now I'm in the mood for some bbq ribs or something.

LoL! I had forgotten about that madhat picture. My favorite though is still the evil white helmet laugh.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SUNDAY, JULY 1st:

1847 - The U.S. Post Office issued its first adhesive stamps.

1862 - The U.S. Congress established the Bureau of Internal Revenue.

1863 - During the U.S. Civil War, the first day's fighting at Gettysburg began.

1867 - Canada became an independent dominion.

1874 - The Philadelphia Zoological Society zoo opened as the first zoo in the United States.

1898 - During the Spanish-American War, Theodore Roosevelt and his "Rough Riders" waged a victorious assault on San Juan Hill in Cuba.

1905 - The USDA Forest Service was created within the Department of Agriculture. The agency was given the mission to sustain healthy, diverse, and productive forests and grasslands for present and future generations.

1916 - The massive Allied offensive known as the Battle of the Somme began in France. The battle was the first to use tanks.

1934 - The Federal Communications Commission replaced the Federal Radio Commission as the regulator of broadcasting in the United States.

1940 - In Washington, the Tacoma Narrows Bridge was opened to traffic. The bridge collapsed during a wind storm on November 7, 1940.

1942 - German troops captured Sevestpol, Crimea, in the Soviet Union.

1943 - The U.S. Government began automatically withholding federal income tax from paychecks.

1946 - The U.S. exploded a 20-kiloton atomic bomb near Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.

1948 - The price of a subway ride in New York City was increased from 5 cents to 10.

1950 - American ground troops arrived in South Korea to stem the tide of the advancing North Korean army.

1963 - The U.S. postmaster introduced the five-digit ZIP (Zoning Improvement Plan) code.

1966 - The Medicare federal insurance program went into effect.

1979 - Susan B. Anthony was commemorated on a U.S. coin, the Susan B. Anthony dollar.

1979 - Sony introduced the Walkman.

1980 - U.S. President Jimmy Carter signed legislation that provided for 2 acres of land near the Lincoln Memorial for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

1987 - John Kevin Hill, at age 11, became the youngest to fly across the U.S. when he landed at National Airport in Washington, DC.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Cffee's on.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Gee, so much activity so early on a Sunday morning. What happened that someone isn't telling????

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Shorts, alright!! looking for same thing recliner and/or reclining loveseat with space in between for stuff. haven'tfound one that I like. you go girl!
Ya know, Heidi - - there is just something about that statement that does not quite have substance. How can you have a "love" seat with something between the seat with "stuff?" Those do not mix. A love seat is a single large recliner with both of us in it - - yah - - now that we both like. .....

OK, gorgeous day down this way - - high of 89. Sounds like beach weather to me - - right after church. Ya'll be good,

Bob
Old 07-01-2012, 08:17 AM
REALLY old dog

Mark- Thank you for your service - Stay safe !!!!!!!

Keep your hini covered -Rember there side has no rules !

Claude
KD8NXN
Old 07-01-2012, 09:11 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning, this place looks like tropical hut. I like it. I guess we leave our flip flops outside so we don't drag in sand?

FO,
you have a 3/4 ton dodge truck and couldn't haul it home yourself???
We were in DHs car and stopped at the furniture place on a whim. I asked when the warehouse closed so I could go get my truck but only had 20min They'll deliver Thursday.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well rewiring the chevy....wow talk about a a wire an oil waiting to happen this truck was primed an waiting to go ....being cheap the 88 is donating the wire an connecters....yes i know not a good idea but i have to live up to my middle name...mentilyunstabledangeratanyspeed...
Old 07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
you'd be feeling like concrete if you let me send you those molson xxx gunny... just sayin' son. snicker snicker
I sure would have taken it... like I said, not enough time.
I'll take a rain check for when I come back

Originally Posted by Bark
LoL! I had forgotten about that madhat picture. My favorite though is still the evil white helmet laugh.
I think that is one of my favorites, too... I've got some good ones, I won't lie!

Originally Posted by old dog
Mark- Thank you for your service - Stay safe !!!!!!!

Keep your hini covered -Rember there side has no rules !

Claude
KD8NXN
Thanks buddy, good to see you. I'm not too worried, I'll be at HQ on an air base... might get a paper cut or burn myself making coffee...

Mornin. Stayed up late hanging some insulation in the windows to keep Arizona out... tired. Coffee, might have some breakfast in a few.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:56 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning, this place looks like tropical hut. I like it. I guess we leave our flip flops outside so we don't drag in sand?

FO,

We were in DHs car and stopped at the furniture place on a whim. I asked when the warehouse closed so I could go get my truck but only had 20min They'll deliver Thursday.
uh huh... sounds like a good excuse..

MH. be safe and thanks.

Quick Reply: madhat's sand free Independence Day breakroom 30 June-7 July