Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

madhat's gimpy leg breakroom 29 Aug-04 Sep

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by wyododge
Your kidding right, I mean you are actually kidding.
Nope....

Only song I know about frogs is

Saut Crapaud

And he already knows that one.

I fail to believe that someone, as seemingly intelligent and obviously concerned with the well being of his family as you are, do not know, or did not know about becoming a big frog.
I figured when it comes to life lessons Ill tell him he had better fly right or Ill introduce him to madhat....

I know, I know, you are from Louisiana and all, And for most misgivings this lame, tired excuse works still, but not for this.

Straighten Up Buster... WE ARE WATCHING YOU, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION ON THIS ONE BUDDY.

lyrics
I find it really hard to believe that Andrea Bocelli had a hit collaboration with the Muppets.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohhhhh, but it's true.

Ya'll have a great afternoon, the wife and I are gonna go mess up a perfectly good walk by chasing a little white ball.

Oh ya, Blake, Bag Balm with lots of bitter apple mixed in should discourage the calves long enough to dry up the cows. After that the cows should kickem if they try. Good for the udders too... waddaya think?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Oh ya, Blake, Bag Balm with lots of bitter apple mixed in should discourage the calves long enough to dry up the cows. After that the cows should kickem if they try. Good for the udders too... waddaya think?
Sound good. Where can one procure such an item?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Sound good. Where can one procure such an item?
Bag Balm and bitter apple can both be obtained from a pet store. Bitter apple is used often to discourage dogs from chewing things there not supposed to. Like inter-cooler boots, and smarty cables. You can't possibly not know of Bag Balm...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
High of 50F here today...Rain RAIN and more RAIN

Good thing I got all the concrete poured. gonna cure up nice now.

Got a LEGG up on Mother Nature...for once.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:03 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat

You ever coming by this way, Stan? We'll give you a meal and a place to relax... .
Only ONE meal? There is a possibility that we could come that way before the end of September. Should know in about a week. We are thinking about attending something just north of Dallas on Sept 30, so my wife and I are trying to decide what route to take, where to go etc. We will take the fiver. Not sure yet whether we will just go straight up to our destination and meander back, possibly via the Copper canyon, do that one the way up or something else. Or meander both going up and coming back.
Will let you know. Maybe we can meet some other DTR members on this trip.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Only ONE meal? Maybe we can meet some other DTR members on thsi trip.
Make a big loop and I will give you 2 meals
Old 08-29-2010, 01:16 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Make a big loop and I will give you 2 meals
Anybody want to up the ante and offer more free meals? Maybe I could fit more free meals into the next trip.
Heading out now for a nice Mexican lunch, but have to pay for this one myself.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Anybody want to up the ante and offer more free meals? Maybe I could fit more free meals into the next trip.
Door is always open up here Stan. I'll buy the ingredients, you mix the Margaritas!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Redleg
When I posted that, we were getting complaints of somebody near Studio 28 on 28th st in Wyoming, walking around yelling and cussing at people. He was wearing orange. I was gonna give you a heads-up to get lost because the po-po were on the way.
thought you meant Jeff.....hehehehe but Chaikwa fits better. sorry jeff!
Marinemark leaving the back door open for Chaikwa is likely the reason he was so happy when i spoke with him today....

Health Dept called, UPS finally delivered the cat head, no rabies. no kitty either, mix of bobcat and cougar. Chaikwa says I should have kept it as a pet.
call me lefty....sheesh! it was friendly enough but I didn't like being the meal plan. made a good choice, wonder why i don't worry about bears.....

gonna rent out the apartment we have here...waiting on the young. $%%^

went to a car show at a smalltown festival, some amazing stories from them old fellas 1920s model ts and gorgeous 30s 40 s50s cars. all with friendly folks!

BLAKE! met the guiness world record holder guy- pipeline insector. walked over 130,000? miles in 37 or a 40 year career. thought of you in your a/c office and 4 wheeler...hehehehe this guy was a WWII vet and just awesome guy. why do you sleep with your boss, anyways?

wait for all the kiddies to be on the cloth floor- THEN jump in the bounce house....heheheh. yeah, I would be so there.

saw my son yesterday and even got him to give me a hug! well, my year is complete. nice scooter ride along the lakes too. hubby got one extra day off.

STAN, wanna see NY? better meals from Niagara Falls, to the big apple. and what? six friggin DTR members??? heheh got to increase that.....
Old 08-29-2010, 02:37 PM

You can't possibly not know of Bag Balm...
Got in big trouble once. Wife asked me to pick her up some of that fancy smancy face cream one day...

Guess what I gave her as a joke instead.

Yup, big trouble!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
why do you sleep with your boss, anyways?
That is just so wrong on so many different levels.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Only ONE meal? There is a possibility that we could come that way before the end of September.
No stress, no pressure. We're off exit 12 on I8. Plenty big streets to pull a fiver in, and I have an exposed sewer line with a cap, I guess we could dump if we had to. Water, power, all that stuff.

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Got in big trouble once. Wife asked me to pick her up some of that fancy smancy face cream one day...

Guess what I gave her as a joke instead.

Yup, big trouble!
Pretty good one, tho!

Afternooner. Just trying to rustle up some chow. Leftovers...

BEAUTIFUL day here. I think it was 93 on the way home... and 93 here feels like maybe 80 on the east coast. Love it.

Ok. Off to see what kind of hate and discontent some of my other posts have caused. Might be a banning.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:33 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
God obviously still has a plan for me...
" Sometimes your purpose in life is merely to serve as a warning to others"....

Originally Posted by Scotty
High of 50F here today...Rain RAIN and more RAIN
Send some of it my way!! grass is crunchy when ya walk on it.. havent had a decent rain since July..
Stop by KS here and I'll grill ya up some nice bison steaks with stir-fryed squash/zuchinni....

HOWDY ALL!!!! Finally got a day off, been working 70-84 hour weeks since April... 5-6 days of 12 hour shifts means no time for anything 'cept chores and going back to work..
Started a new job last March, finally hung up the badge for good( I think?)..
Working as a Contract Security Guard for the Fed's..great pay, lousy hours and very strict rules....but I've been loving all the OT..
Trucks down still... Been at Floor-It Diesel since April while they try to figure out why, when it gets to 3rd gear, reverse also engages.. gotta love auto-trannys.

So ... whats everyone been up to for the last 4 months?

This is whats been occupying my time when I've had any to spare.......latest pic of the grand-daughter:
Attached Thumbnails madhat's gimpy leg breakroom 29 Aug-04 Sep-100_0097.jpg  
Old 08-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Good to see you, buddy. Sorry to hear about your truck.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:01 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, John is being decent about it, last time I talked to him he was sticking to his original quote on the cost and his attitude was " it was driving when you brought it here, it will be driving before we let it leave"...

Cant be upset about that!

Quick Reply: madhat's gimpy leg breakroom 29 Aug-04 Sep