Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

madhat's gimpy leg breakroom 29 Aug-04 Sep

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:42 AM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wyododge
Lets just say it involved a Loader, Gravity, a loose hydraulic hose, and my melon. Which by the way is still in it's original block shape.

Just in case you all are wondering, gravity still works.
Any additional supporting devices needed to keep it there, or pain deterring meds. to offset the re-arrangement process?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually still quick enough that it missed me. Just quick enough. Had the loader up, picked up a big square, saw a drip, drip drip, got out to see what was going on, wiggled the hose, down she came. Quick connect was broken at the threads. Didn't get a drop of hydro on me either. (that comes from working floors!!!)
Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Range of motion is great from 90* to straight, but I can't pull my heel behind my knee. (think about sitting in a chair, and pulling your foot under the chair... can't do that)
I'm glad you explained that because I was thinking that I've NEVER been able to pull my heel behind my knee. Not far enough to touch it anyway.

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Blake tells me that Scott is a "back door" type of guy..
And this excites you, doesn't it? He's told me what kinda guy YOU are too!

Morning all.

It's Sunday, August 29th.

On this day in 1886 - In New York City, Chinese Ambassador Li Hung-chang's chef invented chop suey.

1907 - The Quebec Bridge collapsed killing 75 workers. The bridge was being built across the St. Lawrence River above Quebec City.

1944 - During the continuing celebration of the liberation of France from the *****, 15,000 American troops marched down the Champs Elysees in Paris.

1945 - U.S. General Douglas MacArthur left for Japan to officially accept the surrender of the Japanese.

1949 - At the University of Illinois, a nuclear device was used for the first time to treat cancer patients.

1973 - U.S. President Nixon was ordered by Judge John Sirica to turn over the Watergate tapes. Nixon refused and appealed the order.

1983 - Two U.S. marines were killed in Lebanon by the militia group Amal when they fired mortar shells at the Beirut airport.

1983 - The anchor of the USS Monitor, from the U.S. Civil War, was retrieved by divers.

1984 - A B-1 bomber prototype crashed in the Mojave Desert killing one crew member and injuring two others.

1990 - Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, in a television interview, declared that America could not defeat Iraq.

1998 - Northwest Airlines pilots went on strike after their union rejected a last-minute company offer.

2001 - In Dallas, TX, George Rivas was sentenced to death for the murder of a police office during a robbery. Rivas was the leader of a group of prison escapees referred to as the Texas 7.

2004 - India test-launched a nuclear-capable missle able to carry a one-ton warhead. The weapon had a range of 1,560 miles.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
A conclusion is just the place where you got tired of thinking.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning everybody. Not in my usual Paradise for a few days asi I am on "vacation". Can a retiree go on vacation? Not used to humidity any more and really notice it now. Yesterday we had a humidex of about 43C.
This just a quick 'hello' and then taking another coffee to and sit outside and get ready to sweat. Sure glad my fiver has A/C.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Blake tells me that Scott is a "back door" type of guy..
Originally Posted by chaikwa
And this excites you, doesn't it? He's told me what kinda guy YOU are too!
What was that line about the key again.....

Originally Posted by chaikwa
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
A conclusion is just the place where you got tired of thinking.
Interesting

Originally Posted by wyododge
Actually still quick enough that it missed me. Just quick enough. Had the loader up, picked up a big square, saw a drip, drip drip, got out to see what was going on, wiggled the hose, down she came. Quick connect was broken at the threads. Didn't get a drop of hydro on me either. (that comes from working floors!!!)
*sigh*

Morning Yall

Gotta go into work for a few hours, catch up on paperwork that got pushed to the side the last couple days I was outta the office. At least the boss let me sleep in before going to work. If you call 0645 sleeping in.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Gotta go into work for a few hours, catch up on paperwork that got pushed to the side the last couple days I was outta the office. At least the boss let me sleep in before going to work. If you call 0645 sleeping in.
Sleep is over-rated and beyond the time needed to recharge your body, a waste of time.

Mornin' Blake ol' buddy, ol' pal!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:21 AM

Morning Scott

No, 0645 IS sleeping in for me. Im usually a 0500 kinda guy.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:24 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning, 2 pages already. You guys ARE full of hot air. Coffees ready. Dragon and donuts got to stay up late and watch a movie, so letting them sleep in. Scott, you're not wearing any orange this morning are you?
Old 08-29-2010, 07:24 AM

Morning Don

It looks like are shooting for 75 pages this week.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 AM

Morning, I don't get a day off til Saturday, so we just might make that.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:29 AM

It looks like we are gonna have a three day for the next weekend. Off Sat Sun and Labor Day

That'll be nice.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:55 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Was going to go for a swim in the campground pool with my wife, but she chickened out. Why? Because this morning there are about 66 (I counted them) large crabs roaming around the bottom of the pool. Each crab is approx 6" - 7" across. This is a type of land crab. Too lazy to fish them out with the net and will let the pool guy do it when he comes in.
Life is rough, so will go and recover from the disappointment with another coffee.

Before anybody says it, NO, I do not have the crabs!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
Scott, you're not wearing any orange this morning are you?
No. Why?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:11 AM

When I posted that, we were getting complaints of somebody near Studio 28 on 28th st in Wyoming, walking around yelling and cussing at people. He was wearing orange. I was gonna give you a heads-up to get lost because the po-po were on the way.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
When I posted that, we were getting complaints of somebody near Studio 28 on 28th st in Wyoming, walking around yelling and cussing at people. He was wearing orange. I was gonna give you a heads-up to get lost because the po-po were on the way.
Well gee, thanks for THAT vote of competency!

Quick Reply: madhat's gimpy leg breakroom 29 Aug-04 Sep