Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Little girl in serious trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Re:Little girl in serious trouble

Thanks DeWain, I will relay this to her parents. They appreciate all the prayers.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mexstan,
How is she today?
Old 08-14-2003, 07:16 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Re:Little girl in serious trouble, update #9

Sorry no report yesterday as I was out of town all day.
The latest report is that Iliana did not have a very good day yesterday. She was very restless in spite of being sedated. Her temperature went up. Not sure just what caused this but yesterday some veins in her face burst. The doctors have the bleeding under control and have managed to get her temperature down again. She is not quite so restless at the moment and while still fighting for her life is 'stable'. More news as I receive it.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern. Iliana needs your prayers so please don't stop yet.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:34 PM

Re:Little girl in serious trouble, update #10

Iliana is still critical but stable. Here is some info I just found out: She is in some sort of a bubble to prevent infection. So far, thanks to your prayers, so infection. Nobody, including her parents can touch her due to the danger of infection. Still too critical to be moved to the states. The parents are now in financial difficulties, specially as the insurance does not cover some of the special meds the doctors need for this unusual condition that Iliana has. Have been told that Iliana may need special treatment for a long time after she gets out of hospital and there is no money for that. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how we can start a fund of some kind for her?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:41 PM

Re:Little girl in serious trouble, update #11

Sorry to be so long with an update but just have had no further info. Iliana's parents and grandparents are hard to get hold of since she was moved to the hospital in Mexico City. They don't have money for a hotel and suspect that they are moving around from friend to friend or relative to relative.
The latest report as of a few minutes ago is that she is out of intensive care but still very critical. Her skin such as it is, is now starting to form scar tissue and is driving her crazy with itching. She is not allowed to scratch. She has contacted some form of bacteria but we are told it is not too serious. The danger of infection is still very, very high. Still no report on long term damage. Sorry, but I have no other info at this time. Will give you an update just as soon as I hear more. Thanks again for all your prayers. They are working. Please don't stop praying for Iliana.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:19 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Hope I'm right, but itching is usually a good sign.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:21 AM

Redleg, I have heard that also so as you say, hope it is a good sign. Got back late last night but found no further news waiting for me.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:58 PM
DPG

Mexstan:

Just got back from a trip out of town, wanted you to know I'm still praying, and will continue.

DeWain
Old 08-25-2003, 08:11 PM

Thanks everybody for your continued prayers. I have no other news at this time because my contact person is up in the states for a few days. Then I leave on Wednesday for about a week, so there will be no further news until maybe next Wednesday the 3rd.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:21 PM

Re:Little girl in serious trouble update #12

It has been a long time, but a few minutes ago received the latest update in Iliana. The virus I mentioned in my last update moved into her heart and now she is on some serious antibiotics. She is improving but very, very slowly. Do not have a report if her skin is starting to grow back. She is still in serious trouble but is conscious and can talk a little. The grandparents and the parents take shifts and are with her at all times. Sorry I don't have anything else at this time.
Please keep praying for her and her family. Thanks again to all who have been praying.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:19 PM

Re:Little girl in serious trouble update #13

Well, this update is going to be different. Iliana has recently improved dramatically! She is out of intensive care and even out of the sort of incubator she was in. One eye is open. The other due to scaring is still closed but it is hoped that with surgery on the eyelid that the doctors can make it work OK without damage to her sight. She still has the tube in her throat but the doctors are hopeful that in a week or so that it will come out. Iliana has also been able to say a few words. Have not had any report on damage to her internal organs so just hope they are OK. She is even able to walk a few steps. Her skin is starting to grow back.
From what I have been told she still has a long haul in front of her with an unknown time still remaining in the hospital. Infection is still a danger to her but greatly diminished.
Remember, when I made my first few posts that this little girl had a very slim chance of surviving. In reality, everybody expected her to die. I believe that your prayers and the prayers of others have saved her life. PTL!!! Thank each and every one of you who have prayed for her. Please don't stop yet. Pray that she does not have any internal organ or brain damage. Pray that her skin grows back without scaring and that she does not have any infection set in. Pray that her family can find a way to pay the huge bills associated with this.
As her condition improves my reports will become more infrequent, but I will keep you informed. Thanks again all you DTR'rs.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:36 PM
DPG

Thanks for the update, Stan. I've been checking the thread almost daily, and praying daily for Iliana. You said it: PTL! I'll be sure to keep her on my list.

DeWain

Never underestimate the power of prayer.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:39 PM

This is certainly serious business.....
I hope as this makes it's way to the server that she is on the road to recovery!
We will most definately keep her on our prayer list!

WT
Old 09-27-2003, 09:04 PM

Re:Little girl in serious trouble. Update #14

Iliana is now out of intensive care and in a regular ward. The virus that moved into her heart is still a huge problem. She needs surgery on her eyes but the doctors are afraid to do anything else until they get the virus out of her system. The implication is that her heart is too weak to take any surgery. Do not know yet if her heart is damaged. One of her eyes is still stuck closed and will need surgery to open. She still has the tracheotomy tube stuck in her throat. This virus is a real danger to her. She is not out of the woods yet. The good news is that her skin is starting to grow back.
Thanks for your prayers. Please keep them coming.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:47 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel. If they're getting her up and walking her, I suspect she will start to heal quicker. Doctors realize these days that keeping the patient in bed can actually do more harm than good.

Quick Reply: Little girl in serious trouble