Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lets see the weirdest thing you have ever hauled IN THE BED of your truck.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Lets see the weirdest thing you have ever hauled IN THE BED of your truck.

Well...lets see some pics of the weirdest thing you have ever hauled IN THE BED of your truck.

Here is my pic.

Its not my truck, but it is a dodge...a gasser half-ton...but a dodge....and i helped put the boat in the bed. Yup...a boat in the bed. A sailboat. A 14ft sail boat.

The hubs on the trailer wheels were so seized from Galveston salty environment, we, being 3 of us, had to put the boat in the bed. It made the 5 mile trip through lovely galveston traffic. The trailer frame was so brittle we broke it in half and threw it in the back of mine.
I got a pic of it somewhere....ill post it later.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:20 PM
DTR question asker

Well this gave me a bit of a scare tonight...

wow wrong thread

I need some sleep!

However, thats a neat boat!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:27 PM

Don't have any pics handy, but last year we were pulling put of the driveway headed ~3 hours down the road to a friend's wedding to cook a pig with a pig cooker in tow. Before we made it out of the driveway the welds holding the hitch to the fram of the cooker let go (built by freshmen in a HS ag class). So we pulled out my toolbox and loaded it up. Looked like I had an artillery piece in the bed.

It was a pain picking it up into the bed with the truck sitting up so high though
Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 AM

Anyone else?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:22 PM

Ill get pictures in a day or two......but i am a geotech engineer and carry a nuclear testing gauge in the back of my truck-its required to be locked in by three different means and under supervision at all time. It gets all kinds of looks when i go through the car wash or drive through with the warning stickers on it. And its not any more harmful than having an xray twice a year.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:42 PM

wish i took a picture, but i hauled a really small Caterpillar mini excavator in the back of my truck once. It was small, but had a full cab, and a ditching bucket on it. kinda heavy
Old 10-07-2007, 05:49 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GasganoFJ60
Well...lets see some pics of the weirdest thing you have ever hauled IN THE BED of your truck.

Here is my pic.

Its not my truck, but it is a dodge...a gasser half-ton...but a dodge....and i helped put the boat in the bed. Yup...a boat in the bed. A sailboat. A 14ft sail boat.
I've actually done that as well. 1/2 ton Gasser dodge as well. Only difference is I never had a trailer to start with and I drove 325 miles that way!

To load it I backed the truck down the boat launch and floated the boat in backwards. Luckily the launch was real steep and I could get the bed submerged with the engine high and dry. Made for a good ride home

I'll have to dig up those old pics.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:04 AM

Many years ago I hauled a Fiat car in a half ton pickup over 100 miles. It had the wheels on one side in the bed and the wheels on the other side on the top rail of the bed. We got some strange stares going down the highway. I wish I had taken pictures.

Daniel
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 AM

No pics but I hauled my 45mm russain anti-tank cannon in the bed with the other cannon on a trailer. Very starnge looks going down the round. No tailgaters though.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
LOL, Back when I had my Chebby 6.2 and lived in Indiana, we would take the M2 .50 Browning from the gun shop where I worked to exercise it a bit..... You could predict the looks, but as cruizer said, no tailgaters.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:47 PM

well this is the closest i can get, a fully assembled steel swing set. in my dads Gmc 2500 HD.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM

I don't have pictures, but I have a pretty good story.
Couple years ago a friend of mine said that he could by 2 Government inspect pigs slaughtered and cut up for a really good deal. He showed up at my jobsite in the middle of winter with 2 full grown frozen pigs about 100 pounds each completely intact (slaughtered and inspected with stamp) great so after a couple of hours of phone calls I found a butcher to cut them up and package them, but I had to get them to their store.

The buggars look like they were race horses the way they were frozen (being hung up by their feet) so my bud and I strapped them in my truck standing up to look like they were galloping in the box. You would not believe the looks I got with 2 side by side frozen pigs in the back of my
truck driving down the highway and into the city . The best was when I past a semi and one of the pigs blew over and laid on his side, when the trucker pulled up next to me at the next lights he was killing himself laughing looking at these pigs . Anyhow that's my story. BTW those piggies were great on the BBQ that spring.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I dont have a picture, but I have hauled 3 fat women in the bed of my truck. I only hit my bump stops a few times....
Old 10-08-2007, 10:46 PM

five years ago or so i was at my brothers farm and he was gone getting a dairy calf to replace one of his beef calves that died. well in he drives with this day old holstein standing on his bench seat. funniest thing i ever saw.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM

I did a double take one day, a powerstroke pulling a flat bed goose neck with a dead horse on it, not covered or strapped down, tail just a whipping in the wind.

Quick Reply: Lets see the weirdest thing you have ever hauled IN THE BED of your truck.