Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Law Is The Law!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Law Is The Law!

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American Publics' best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.

It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct".

In fact.... I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshiping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think???? If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the majority of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........

Please dear Lord, give us the help needed to keep You in our country!

Amen
Old 07-29-2004, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain. This is just futher proof on how our country is going down hill.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:36 AM

so be it=amen
Old 07-29-2004, 09:42 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
no, no, no, they are much smarter than to give up any time off... Christmas will become "winter break" Easter will become "bunny day" and "turkey day" for Thanksgiving (although I think the general population would believe this is a holiday in celebration of our government)
so, you see the names may change, but the time off work will still be there......
Old 07-29-2004, 09:49 AM

You forgot the liberal pukes who banned these things. They should work 24/7, what the hey, sat and sun are just another day. You know what they say... Wanna **** off a liberal...... Work and be happy.
Sorry, couldent resist.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:52 AM

"turkey day" "bunny day" now you gonna get PETA involved and it will cost more taxpayer dollars to form a committe and figure that one out and they will need to work on the 8th day of the week
Old 07-29-2004, 11:54 AM

Easter is on a Sunday... I've always worked the day after, and have never gotten good friday off since I was in school.. It hasn't been called "Christmas break" in quite some time thanks to being all P.C. now, and to be honest, I dont' get a break...

Thanksgiving has nothing to do with religion, it's more about US history, much like the 4th of July.

While I *do* agree with alot of what was written, it's so slanted that it would hold little credablity with anyone not as devout of a religious follower.

For the record, I'm Christian.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:04 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
This post riled me and I started a reply but deleted it as I found I was starting a huge rant. I agree with Crobtex. Maybe later I will find something suitable to support what he said, although I have said the same thing in different words in the past.
America needs more people to stand up and be counted. Your upcoming elections scare me more than any election in history because if things like Kerry get in, your wonderful country is just going to see more and more of this garbage, and at a faster and faster rate.
Oops, I am starting to rant, so had better jump off the soapbox for now.
Please God, give the American's the backbone, the vision, the desire and help them to turn back to You and take their country back from the girly men and the people within the country bent on destroying everything for their own selfish agendas.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Mexstan
This post riled me and I started a reply but deleted it as I found I was starting a huge rant. I agree with Crobtex. Maybe later I will find something suitable to support what he said, although I have said the same thing in different words in the past.
America needs more people to stand up and be counted. Your upcoming elections scare me more than any election in history because if things like Kerry get in, your wonderful country is just going to see more and more of this garbage, and at a faster and faster rate.
Oops, I am starting to rant, so had better jump off the soapbox for now.
Please God, give the American's the backbone, the vision, the desire and help them to turn back to You and take their country back from the girly men and the people within the country bent on destroying everything for their own selfish agendas.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
AMEN!!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 03:14 PM

Mexstan...... Nope, I'm not gonna say it...... Gonna bite my tongue till it bleeds.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:01 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Can't have bleeding tongues around here. Go ahead, say it. Let it all hang out.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Mexstan
Can't have bleeding tongues around here. Go ahead, say it. Let it all hang out.
Say what you want, but make certain you keep it within the site rules.

Rich
Old 07-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Chapter President

ATTA BOY STAN!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:41 PM

Ok, that's it...I think I'm gonna write something to my congressman...or any congressman for that matter. Some of you might know one of Alaska's senators...Sen. Ted Stevens. He's the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee...basically, he figures out where billions of our tax dollars are going and when they're going there. He's pretty powerful because of his seniority.

Anyway...the first post reminds me of something that happened in history almost 80 years ago. Communism. Ugly word, I know. But what does it really mean? It means you have NO religion, NO free commerce, NO private schools, NO partisan vote, NO freedom of speech, etc. The gov't tries to create a perfect society by taking away the things that make people jealous and vengeful. Everybody here knows communism doesn't work in a global economy! So why are all these "politically correct" idiots trying to create a perfect world? It's never gonna happen! Liberals are doing the same thing w/ their crazy laws, taxes, lawsuits, and regulations! One by one they're taking away the freedoms that were once enjoyed years ago in the name of public interest. Public interest???? Wait a second...last time I heard, most of the people I've talked to don't like what our gov't officials are doing! It doesn't sound like the public is interested in being politically correct.