Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Kudus to a great dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 01:11 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Kudus to a great dealer

Many times I have read about bad dealers. For a change I would like to tell all of you about my good experience this week.<br>Took my truck in to the dealer where I bought it for my first oil change, computer reflash etc. Also reported a steering problem. This dealer is a 15 hour drive from my home. They traced the steering problem to a defective steering box. Not an item that is normally stocked. The closest place they could find another steering box was about 200 miles away. This would have meant an overnight stay in a motel for me while my wife and daughter were at another motel. Without me asking them, they brought a brand new 2500 in from the yard and removed the steering box from that and installed it on mine. Did an alignment etc and got me back on the road in hours. All this at no cost to me. This is what I call service!!!! This dealer is about halfway between Houston and San Antonio if anybody wants his name.<br>Before they installed the new box they even painted it and all the associated unpainted parts.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re:Kudus to a great dealer

Thats the kind of service I like to hear about!<br><br>My grandfather used to own a service station way back when, thats the kind of service he provided as well.<br><br>Its good to hear!<br><br>Rich.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All too frequently we run into places that have no inkling whatever as to what real service is. The service given you by that dealership is exemplary, and I'm sure it would make them very happy to receive a commending letter from you. When you get this kind of experience be sure to let them know how much you appreciate it. Thanks for sharing the good with us.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:32 PM

WOW! that is pretty darn cool! i have never had anything like that from the dealer it usually turns into a big mess cause they dont know what there talking about! then they turn it around like im the stupid one! : all i can say is how can u sell a producted and not back it 110%? its all i can do no to jump over the counter and rek some havek!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

<br><br> Customer service is so important, and obviously that service manager understood that fact. <br><br>Wonderful story, thanks for sharing it.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

It was not just the service manager that understands about good customer service. In this case it was also the sales staff who had to release one of their new and unsold vehicles to be cannabalised. Found out afterwards that top management had to give the final OK. So for this dealership it was the entire team, right from when they beat the competition and gave me the best price to the after sales service. <br>Would I go out of my way again and go to this dealer if service etc is required? You bet I will!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 07:27 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

These are kind of Dealer stories we love to hear. <br><br>Good Customer service is worth more than a million $$$ worth of advertising. ;D
Old 04-27-2003, 10:25 PM

Love to hear about those GREAT dodge dealers!!! We have one in Des Moines Iowa!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 05:59 AM
Chapter President

Give that Dealer 5 Stars ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 04-28-2003, 08:56 AM

I've an idea: <br><br>Tell us who the dealer is!<br><br>I'm pretty sure the dealer wouldn't mind some great publicity on this great site - Tell us!!<br><br> ;D ;D
Old 04-28-2003, 09:07 AM

Sure, be happy to. The name of the dealer is:<br><br>LA GRANGE DODGE<br>La Grange, Texas.<br><br>Yeah I know I am yelling a little, but you asked me broadcast the name didn't you
Old 04-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Banned

Yep lots of praise for the white coats (writers and service manager) and the millionaire owners don't forget about the guy bolting that steering box to the truck. U think he is getting paid to re and re TWO boxes???? Very unlikely. So he takes it in the butt while the moron at the counter writing the R/O is the hero.....typical customer perception....and the reason I am no longer in the mechanical trade.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:58 PM

Spots, I do similar in computer software support, and usually it is the other guys (developers and architects) that get the praise, however, Mexstan was also talking about the guy with the wrench who got him back on the road in a few hours - the whole team. Sorry your experience wasn't better, as I get much the same scenario, but I know when my customer is &quot;up and running&quot; again that I have done a really good job - and yes, the owner is making a lot more from it than I am, but I'm not investing my own money and taking the risks, etc. I just take pride in doing my job to my best ability, even when its not the one I want to be doing at the time. :
Old 04-28-2003, 08:27 PM

Wow it is hard to find a business that will go that far today! Bet you buy another vehical from them. Glad to here it.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:41 AM

I bet you know wher to get your next Vehicle from!!!<br>It's great to hear about good service.

Quick Reply: Kudus to a great dealer