Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Jack What ever happened to the kids that shot your dog?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Jack What ever happened to the kids that shot your dog?

Did they get prosocuted?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering the same thing a few days ago...

Poor Jonah... And you never know, he might be barred from saying anything...
Old 05-25-2005, 08:10 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Both boys were prosecuted. Each family had to pay restitution on the medical bills, which was about $950.00. They each got probation for a year I think. Funny thing was that in court, the mother tried to make me and Jonah look like the bad guys, by saying that I was mean to them when I went to confront her on the day that they shot him. Wasn't true, but she tried. The judge gave them a REALLY good lashing after it was all over, holding them responsible. I remember the judge saying that he thought it was ironic that the very dog they were trying to kill could end up saving their lives someday. The mother just looked at the judge in disgust. She didn't get it. They tried to deal on the day of the trial by offering a financial settlement of like 2000 bucks, but I turned it down. Even though I only broke even on the medical bills, it was worth it because I figured the only way these kids were going to learn a lesson would be through the courts, because the parents sure didn't do anything. they only thought their little babies were so so precious. The sad thing is that now, the one boy who lives down the street from me has a puppy! They leave it outside all the time, yelping and crying just to spend time with his family. Some people just plain suck.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, sorry to hear on the dog, I had a lab get a pellet from a .22 in the jaw a few years ago, never figured out who shot her, she lived. Long enough that is for someone to give her a nice bowl of anti freeze..... that was a bad night, I miss that dog. keep an eye out for any similar attempts on your dog, watch fo rstrange things tossed into the yard over the fence and such.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
Both boys were prosecuted. Each family had to pay restitution on the medical bills, which was about $950.00. They each got probation for a year I think. Funny thing was that in court, the mother tried to make me and Jonah look like the bad guys, by saying that I was mean to them when I went to confront her on the day that they shot him. Wasn't true, but she tried. The judge gave them a REALLY good lashing after it was all over, holding them responsible. I remember the judge saying that he thought it was ironic that the very dog they were trying to kill could end up saving their lives someday. The mother just looked at the judge in disgust. She didn't get it. They tried to deal on the day of the trial by offering a financial settlement of like 2000 bucks, but I turned it down. Even though I only broke even on the medical bills, it was worth it because I figured the only way these kids were going to learn a lesson would be through the courts, because the parents sure didn't do anything. they only thought their little babies were so so precious. The sad thing is that now, the one boy who lives down the street from me has a puppy! They leave it outside all the time, yelping and crying just to spend time with his family. Some people just plain suck.

How long ago did that happen?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:39 PM

I keep my dogs inside the house at all times when I'm not home just for reasons like that. A couple of years ago a guy was walking his child to school and a little 3 month old pitbull puppy was following them. The guy hung the pup in a tree in front of his child. The puppy didn't do anything at all, it was just looking for some attention. They gave the idiot 6 years in prison.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:10 PM
DTR Founder

It was a little bit over a year ago.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:02 PM

sick sick sick. i glad to hear that you didnt settle for the money. you stuck to your principles and taught them a very valuable lesson. I just wish more peopel would treat animals with respect. I love my dog and heaven forbid any one do her any harm.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:16 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

sorry to hear about your dog. glad justice was served even though the parents "didn't get it"

britt

Old 05-25-2005, 11:17 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
It's really scary, the values some parents are teaching their young these days.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by torquefan
It's really scary, the values some parents are teaching their young these days.
Or values lack there of. In any case.........
Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 AM
DTR Founder

Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
sorry to hear about your dog. glad justice was served even though the parents "didn't get it"

britt

That is the saddest part for me, to see the parents change and turn on us like they did, without taking responsibility. Sad indeed. The kids can be taught if only they would teach them.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:53 AM

That is the saddest part for me, to see the parents change and turn on us like they did, without taking responsibility. Sad indeed. The kids can be taught if only they would teach them.
they should be horse whipped.

man, a little over a year! time is just zipping by.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:56 AM
DTR Founder

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't believe that it has been a year. I hadn't even thought about it until this thread had been posted and then I went and looked at the dates. It happened in March, and the trial was in May 2004!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:08 AM

Those parents and kids need to be drug!

Glad Jonah is okay (read the old thread)!

It must have taken a lot to keep your cool. I know it would have been hard for me to refrain from kicking butt. Good job Jack.

Sad thing is that most people like that don't learn anything they just get worse.

It would be in the puppy's best interest if it just disappeared one day if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: Jack What ever happened to the kids that shot your dog?