Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's Finally Over...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Finally Over...

Well it's finally over. My wife and I buttoned up all of the divorce paperwork today. lol. What a bizarre year. My parents of 25 years split up and I did as well. Married at 19 single again by 21

We came to the decision that it was best to split it off now while there is no children or property involved. I'm pretty bitter yet but i'll get by. All in due time I guess.

Is there a lot of divorced people on these boards?

Sorry to rant and rave here but it helps to get it off my chest.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I know how bad it hurts right now, but trust me when I tell you that one day you will look back and realize that this was a good thing in the end.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 PM

You will look back and realize you were way too young to be married! Go out and have fun with your buddies. You got plenty of time to find some girl. I would NOT suggest going out and trying to date right now either. You will find a rebound girl and be in the same boat you are now in another couple years. Thats not fair to either of you. Just live the single life and enjoy it. Enjoy some alone time.

Remeber, girls are just like cars, you stand on the street long enough and here comes another one!

It only took me 6 months of being married before I knew I was way too young at 26 to have gotten married.

You will get through it. Just take some time off for yourself. Dont try to jump back in the game too quick. If you dont have a dog get one! He will be your best friend through this and many more issues life is gonna throw at you and he will never judge you! You can talk to him about anything and he wont tell a sole!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:48 PM

DmaxEter could not have said it better. I can speak from experience I got married at twenty years old and that one lasted a year and half. I got married again six months later and that one lasted just shy of two years. I got married again eight months later. I will say third time is a charm. But, I look at all my buddies and they are living the single life and doing whatever they want when they want and only answering to themselves. I would however not trade my life for anything I have two beautiful girls and a boy on the way, but the road to getting here was a ruff one. Just stand back and take it all in and have some YOU time.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it.

Yea, I have no intentions of going out and finding someone for a relationship. Im just going to let time run it's course. I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

I have a couple dogs. 4 German Shepard's to be exact. They are great animals. I haven't sat down and talked to them 1 on 1 but i'm sure they realize whats going on. lol
Old 10-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Im glad to hear that im not one to tell a man his business but I think you made the best choice. Also how do you like the german shepard breed im thinking about getting a new dog I had to put mine down.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Plenty of us have been there. I got married young too and in the end we just got bored with each other since we were each others first love. That's old news now though.....
The new wife is much more tolerant of my selfish and childish ways. Not that I agree that I have either..........
Old 10-21-2008, 06:06 PM

Yup, divorced at 25.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, I been with the same chick since I was 16, married at 21 and just celebrated our 3rd anniversary... Its not all bad, I guess it just depends on the situation and how you grow together... So it isn't all about age, it is about comprimise!!!

But on a different note, the way I look at it, if your not happy when your young, might as well get out of it and find someone else.. So good choice and don't sweat the small stuff... Just stay out of the bars, boos will ruin ya!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM

Could be worse. My parents were married in Feb. I was born in June, and the divorce was final in the following January. Atleast you didn't try to stick it out like some people do. I'm not even that old and of the few things I've learned about relationships, they don't change. If you hate the fact that she leaves her **** everywhere and she spends money on _______ (fill in stupid spending habit there) it's gonna stay that way. Move on before it gets too messy.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by cowboy2526
Im glad to hear that im not one to tell a man his business but I think you made the best choice. Also how do you like the german shepard breed im thinking about getting a new dog I had to put mine down.
I love the German Shepard breed. I've grown up with them since I was knee high.

I've got a Red male and a White Female. Both are 10 years old. They have been the best two dogs i've ever owned. It's going to be a very sad day when they pass away. The other two males are just as big as a house at 10 months old. I naturally named one diesel cause he's strong, clumsy, and beefy as hell.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by DNRCustoms
well, I been with the same chick since I was 16, married at 21 and just celebrated our 3rd anniversary... Its not all bad, I guess it just depends on the situation and how you grow together... So it isn't all about age, it is about comprimise!!!

But on a different note, the way I look at it, if your not happy when your young, might as well get out of it and find someone else.. So good choice and don't sweat the small stuff... Just stay out of the bars, boos will ruin ya!!
I hear ya on the bar scene. It seems like she couldn't of left at a worse time. I had just turned 21 and all of the bars were right there. Not the smartest thing i've ever done but i'm chugging along in the right path. Just staying focused on my last 8 months of school.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 AM

yeah nate, divorced at 27 lol, the bars/alcohol nearly bankrupted me. i was goin through a half gallon of beam black almost every night, or a 24pack of coors orig. i look back now, and i cant believe itthat was last year, and now ive got much better things on my plate. God brought me out of it, and everything is rolling in the right direction. my dog did help me, lots of talking to her lol, and the war wagon kept me occupied as well
Old 10-22-2008, 01:17 PM

You're young and resilient, you'll bounce back.

Be thankful it happened when it did. Imagine not wanting to be in it and being financially tied together with home and auto loans and shared bank accounts. Feel better now?

Sounds like you know you made the right choice by your mind though. No doubts, no regrets, head up and have some fun while youre still young!!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:34 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hang in there.
My first one went south but it was good because I now have a Super Wife.

Quick Reply: It's Finally Over...